Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

I'm not sure if this will help, but after the quest "binding fate" there is a new note at the first viewpoint where Havi talks with the 3 fates, in the note Havi talks about Lokis shennanigans and writes that he should be watched, then states "although he can't do much because I have the key."Since the rune is also the sign for Loki maybe there's a connection...and believe me fighting Fenrir on drengr is not a piece of Baklava!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@duskdragon56496 I prefer the Baklava!

Yes, I remember the note. It puzzled me too at the time.

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

@hroozenbeek What did you make of it?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, I agree. It has been a fun road, but leading to a dead end again...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@duskdragon56496 Not much. I was too busy playing and at the time I didn't know about any secret runes.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Why they use such a texture which is connected to the St. Brendan and the standing stones? They really want to troll us with pure intent!
    This was too good to believe 😞

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I don't think there was any intent. But the result is the same!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

For sure, there was never been any intent....

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

Kulf, you will find the moonstone you seek in the halls of the dead
    Enter at midnight under the light of durin's lantern while wearing the wolfs skin.
    If your heart be stout, all shall befall as you wish and you shall have the cure you seek
    But if you falter even a moment, the hounds of fenrir shall devour you whole.

Found this letter in a burial chamber in eurvicscire.... Does anyone know if its a start of a another mystery

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@wilfinn

Sounds like a farewell letter to someone who has passed away. Maybe he was ill or so!
    Difficult to tell if there is something to it, but it could just be an explanation for the scenario in this place

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

Its not too far from elme monastery just off the path goin towards the Loch hideout on the manu River if anyone wants to look

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@wilfinn

I will check it. Thank you

• DrunknBeanBagn
    4 posts

Are we totally subscribed to the idea that there are no runes in vineland or norway at this point?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@drunknbeanbagn

No, but I think, why should there be Odin´s Rune?
    Vinland is America and completely detached from the main story / quest or what else. The intention of Vinland was to create the connection from AC: Valhalla to AC3, so they said in an official interview.
    But for sure, you can look around, but I think, you will not find any there.
    Regarding Norway I don´t know. Could be, but also why? Maybe there are some runes, but not these specify Odin´s Rune in my personally opinion.
    I have also the opinion, that there are no more Odin´s Rune left in England except these 5 which was found.
    Additional I think, that there is nothing behind for the players to receive as an armor or such like this. But this is only my personally opinion. Sure, it could be wrong and hopefully, I will be wrong. All the times we invested in the search or clues finding will be wasted time...

I hope, I´m wrong about that.....

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Based on the scene that we see in the tomb, I guess Kulf followed the advice how to get the moonstone and failed miserably.

• DrunknBeanBagn
    4 posts

@tchester1980 hoping your right, things like these are what makes me love these games so much. I had a thought, do we have the ability to play in the animus as layla or a different character? After all, we're loki at the end of the game anyway arnt we?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 What they said in the interview was a little bit different, iirc, but it boils down to the same thing: after they had settled on a Viking game, someone high-up at Ubisoft suggested to add the Vikings' settlement in America to the game. During their research, they realized that the region the Vikings had visited was close to Concord, Connor's town in AC III, which gave them the idea to create a new backstory for the artifact in the Isu-vault. They also decided to keep Vinland detached from the main story and to focus on survival without all the armor and weapons that the player had already acquired in Norway and England. The real Vikings of Eivor's time had not yet reached America, so they wanted to stay as close to the historical facts as possible by limiting the interaction between America and England.

I suppose the Brendan story was developed after they decided to include Vinland, since he's best known because of the claims that he had reached America before the Vikings did. In the game, Brendan's story brings him to America, only to find that the Isu-vault remained closed to him.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@drunknbeanbagn Layla is out of the picture, Basim/Loki is in the real world and the only one who can enter the Animus.

• azullFR
    1750 posts

@tchester1980
    I'm sorry but this won't probably help much :
    Vikings seems to be the first europeans to reach the american continent
    I haven't done Vinland in game, so maybe this could be usefull for you :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Anse_aux_Meadows
    Sorry in advance if you already had this information
    Hope this will not add confusion to your search
    (I've searched in England... no new rune, as everybody...)
    Nice day to you, and to all 🙂
    (ooops i'm too slow !!!!)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@azullfr I think you misunderstood. We're talking about the way Ubisoft included Vinland in the game, as being detached from the rest, as you will soon experience yourself. They did include Vinland (see my post from a few minutes ago) because of the well-known fact that the Vikings settled there for a while, if only at a later date than Eivor's time.

Don't read too much of this thread, as we have stopped marking spoilers because there were too many of them...

Suggested Topics