Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Now we have to check base on that what we know where this falling star is leading. Looking thru the hole we will find rune #4 (means streight). This look like 1/3 from the direction straight and left. So the middle of both

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

Good job guys...

That only 2 out of 5 runes correctly align isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can be a way to select the right runes or to rule some out, or simply to differenciate 2 different sets of otherwise identical runes which have to be read/used differently... After all we're dealing with a mystery that includes illusion, obfuscation, etc...

The fact that the 2 runes which align are the last 2 that were found might just be a coincidence, or it might be because they were part of the harder ones to spot...

I haven't looked in detail yet, but from what I get, some of the shrines barely miss one of the runes while some others point out to sea or out of bounds... If we rule those out as "useless", how many are we left with? For it could be worth checking in the direction these remaining shrines point in to look for additional runes, or maybe even our final goal. (I'll start looking on monday if no one feels like checking first, because I'm can't play much on week-ends, family life first!)

======

I don't really know what to make of the falling stars/sky lines... (And can't check in-game right now to see for myself.)

Do they repeatedly appear in the exact same place/orientation or are they more random?

If the latter, I doubt they'd mean anything. If the first, well, the repetition could boil down to the way they were coded in the game, but could also mean something, hard to say...

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

Amazing work

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@tchester1980 I went to the one in sciorpeshire, can confirm it points toward the rune. However it depends on the side you look through. Since the stone is not a perfect square (looking form the top view), the arrow of Eivor on map wont represent the same line when hanging of the hole in the stone. Just something to take into consideration when checking if the holes point to a line.
    I am standing at the bottom of the stone and aiming through the hole to get a better direction.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

Yes, it´s very tricky to lock thru the hole. I need more tries but finally it´s fit!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 They do not only appear at the altar sites. I spotted a few of them when I was at the fast travel point on the Agnitum Tower in Essexe. One passed me by (a little bit to the north of my location) in the direction of Colcestre.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

I would say that they repeat themselves in a certain time, but change direction frequently (back and forth but always on the same path). I have count round about 4 - 5 different stars

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Yes, I fully agree. I think, the altars can help by tracking them, Maybe the runes also. But if you stay on a fast travel point, it would be hard to track them because in photo mod you do not have any direction visible, if north, west, east or south!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

So coming back to the translated Oghim Rune:
    "THE LINES ARE DIFFICULT TO SEE, YOU FIND THEM ONLY IN BRITANNIA IN A SPECIFIC MOMENT, ON A SPECIFIC TIME (OF DAY)"
    The meaning of this translation will be absolutely applicable to our new findings now!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator Here are the two views with the relevant rune marked. This way you can align the compass to the marker.

From the Essexe altar to rune 4:
    undefined

And from the Sciropescire altar to rune 5:
    undefined

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

Can anyone check if the falling stars/sky lines also appear in Norway/Vinland?

If not, it would confirm them as "only visible in Britannia". If they do, well... Like I said sometimes it's simpler (and less consuming in terms of memory use) when coding to set a few fixed paths which repeat once in a while to give the illusion of a random event to the casual looker than to code a randomizer for something which is just cosmetic.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

I will check, one second please

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@hroozenbeek Ah, very nice.
    I will take photos in photo mode at every rune, so i will have a precise markers on the map

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

Yes, within 1min I saw 2 falling stars in Norway on the sky!
    So, maybe is the falling stars a dead-end.
    Let´s focus more on the 2 altars witch are align with the two runes!
    What do we have, which lines crossing and do we get some point?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I agree. I think the shooting stars are a (pseudo-)random phenomenon.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 The East Anglia altar misses the rune near Eltenham by far, but it comes very, very close to rune 5...

undefined

• Shovelator
    150 posts

Accidentally shot an arrow with nodens arch through hole at altar in east anglia and it exploded in fire once it hit the tree... Might just be due to the candle in the altar hole, but i will try to do the same at other altars

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

Some altars have got cantles in the hole, some not! You can see on the pictures from @hroozenbeek that it doesn´t matter for the result matching a rune if they have a candle or not. Doesn´t matter!

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@hroozenbeek interesting thoughts you all !
    but i ask myself, from this far away, would it be possible to track the runes down even without knowing where they are?
    i think if we find a method how to spot runes even without knowing where they are we can find more of them.
    or do we have to see this from another angle?
    do we have to draw the line in a reverse way from the rune to the altar and through the altar and see if its crossing with other "lines" ?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@pascalpalace

Due to the fact that only 2 altars match with one of the 5 runes, I think, this is not a way to track unknown runes maybe or already existing ones.
    I´m currently checking the cross section between the altars and only rune 4 & 5

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics