Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

I finished the game I will try out this theory and tell you if it works.

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

I have a theory about all of these runes, maybe since these runes are shaped like an L and since (small spoiler coming) basim is loki maybe if you are outside of the animous playing as basim there will maybe be some runes you could activate outside of the animous with basim.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

Your theory regarding the sun is shining thru the hole of the altar stone is really nice, I like that. I have a look at this and check, if it is during sunrise or sunset.
    Normally, the sun rise on the east and go down on the west. So we have to check if this is also here ingame and which of this altars are positioned, that it fits to these directions.
    I will just focus first on the 2 altars which 100% lead to a rune and then I will check the other 2 which are not directly fit to a rune, but to the direction of it.
    The altar in Essex which points directly to rune #4 seems for me the best one to check because he is positioned in the game that the sun can shine on the right side where the red marks are coming from the east!
    I will check it

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 Is the panoramic view at the snake just a panoramic view or is supposed to point you in the direction of the other 2 figures?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

I don´t know, maybe a coincidence or could be. I have not check that...

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 I can't see to get a good fix on what direction you have to go.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

Compass disabled during panoramic view?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 No. Gives me a view but does not point me in any general direction.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

So, that´s sound like that the panoramic view is not connected with the other figures.....

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

The clue, sun shines thru the hole on a specific moment will lead us to nothing because you see the hole will not make some shadows on the ground, but it depends on the placement of the rune and it will not lead us to something.
    During checking this, I become another theory, which is not fully checked by myself.

Regarding compass and the shadows showing up on specific time, hard to see, I'm currently pursuing a different theory.

What do you think of the fact that the altars are something like a sundial?
    I checked this with the altar at our settlement. Depending on the position of the sun, the shadow of the altar casts a shadow like an arrow in the opposite direction of the compass. But since the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I have the problem that nothing can be seen in the south.

undefined

So this theory is wrong on this altar.
    We may have to see which altar in the south can depict all directions of the runes. Perhaps there are also some stones or sign on the bottom around the altar, which are in line with the shadows when the shadow of the altar points to a rune. I might only think of the altar in Cent. But still have to check it, don't know if it has any stones and can map the rune to the south...

I will follow up you guys

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Ok, maybe not CENT, another one should be our best choice. Need to check all Altars and the placement of them!

• Shovelator
    156 posts

Ideas with shadows sound great, but shouldnt all shadows point the same at the same time?
    And looking at the shadows when the sun shines through the hole, the shadows should just point in tje direction of the stones from my map.
    Also one stone is under a cliff,so no shadow

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@missm16 I have checked a couple and still no joy.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

Why should all shadows point the same at the same time?
    => The meaning of this sentence: You focus more on finding one common spot from all altars or runes combination to one "X" were you can catch the treasure (like a pirate) 🙂

But my theory:
    I have only the translation available "THE LINES ARE DIFFICULT TO SEE, YOU FIND THEM ONLY IN BRITANNIA IN A SPECIFIC MOMENT, ON A SPECIFIC TIME (OF DAY)"

With my theory here, I will confirm or maybe not conform that the Altars are connected with the Runes, maybe with the help of the sun on a specific time, the shadows of the altar pointed to a rune spot!
    Because currently we have found the runes, but not why they are exactly on that position.
    With my theory here, maybe we will find out, why they are on these specific positions.
    The "WHY" hypotheses 🙂

And we have not yet confirmed that our translation is connected to the altars or the Odin´s rune....
    We must first confirm the connections in order to pursue further investigations.
    That 2 or 3 Altars points to a rune while looking thru the hole is for me not enough. I need a confirmation, why!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I agree that we should check any reasonable hypothesis, if only to falsify it. At present the altars are the closest thing to a match with the runes we have found.

That said, I'm not 100% convinced that @pascalpalace's translation of the Ogham-text in the tablet caves is correct. He had to cut quite a few corners to get there, and maybe he cut the right corners, but I'm still trying to make sense of the text with cutting less corners. Without any knowledge of Primitive (or modern) Irish, that is quite complicated. I've been trying to find a way to connect the text with the Treasures of Britain (which would be logical), but I have not found a way to do so yet, except, obviously, for the word Pritani = Britain (which, by the way, is the real time-appropriate form).

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@Tchester1980 Maybe I am still scarred from the last game i played before Valhalla (sea of thieves) xD

I think the translation is a good place to work on, it's the most solid clue in my opinion.

What i wanted to say before, the sun should allways be to the south and traveling from east ot west. And for example, at 12:00 all shadows should be pointed the same way (north). It should not even be posible for shadows to point south (towards rune 2) at any time of day.
    On the other hand, how will you tell the time in game?

But yeah, i agree with you, we need to find a solid connection

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

We do not need the time, maybe there is a rock in the line of the altar and the shadow for example....

When the shadow hit this one rock on the bottom, the arrow of the shadow from the altar is pointing to a rune... just an example!

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

I have a feeling that it has something to do with illusions since the runes after all, are called odins illusion runes and it sounds like it has something to do with Loki.

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@hroozenbeek i agree !
    The Text is nice but not 100% translated, or better to say: They are probalby some words missing i didn't get !
    I'm gonna ask on twitter if this translation is correct.
    lets see if i get a response.

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@tchester1980 I see your point, sounds reasonable

Damn, this thread is really hard to navigate....
    If i have some time, ill try to go over it again and make some notes on everything we gathered so far

I was looking for these Ogham runes translations just to understand where hey were found. If i understand they are found in the caverns where you get Treasures of britan? I remember the one with the chessboard and the note saying "Follow in the footsteps of the knight". I just thought it was the part of the puzzle so i moved the stones in the L shape, just like the knight moves on a chessboard.
    Was there more to these inscpriptions that I am missing? All screenshots of the translations ive seen posted here seem to be related to the relevant Treasure of Britain.

Suggested Topics