Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

But I have mainly concern regarding the South rune in Wessex. The sun will never generate shadows on an altar stone which poining to the south....

• Snoman86
    8 posts

Sorry, jumping on this thread a little late. Been following for a while but staying quiet. Has anyone tried climbing and jumping through the hole on the alter? Possibly at a specific time specifies by the altar......

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@snoman86

Climping yes, thru the hole is not possible, or just for me.... Does not function!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Glowe Altar:

Checking my theory in Glowe... on the altar.

Now, the shadow of the altar is leading to the direction of rune #5, crossing a stone on the bottom next to the altar:

undefined

Sun is located: SSW

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Glowe Altar:

And now the Rune #1 - Settlement rune
    The shadow of the altar is leading to the direction of rune #1, crossing a stone on the bottom next to the altar:
    undefined

Sun is located: WSW

Will follow up with other altars testing.....

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@tchester1980 Wow, this is interesting, i hope you find something 🙂

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@MissM16 Well, hello!!

It seems you discovered my theory about the Scorpio constellation! 😊

The Scorpio (depicted as a serpent) has in fact 11 stars. If you want to work together solving the constellations, let me know! 😁

Also, to all of you guys, BIG BIG HUG! Wow, it seems we are on a veeery nice lead!

I couldnt have been happier seeing this mystery having a lead!

Im so proud working with you all! We are amazing!!

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@verendrye I have searched a few spots but nothing so far.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@vanadiumcobalt It depends which constellation you followed.

I chose the ANCIENT Scorpio Constellation, and not the modern interpretation of it. I will be able to investigate this lead a few hours later, and I will come back to this forum, should I find something or not

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@tchester1980

Good job!

Well, now, knowing which stone in the circle around the Altar the shadow points to when it aligns with a rune would be useful to make some sense of this...

We'll have to use the same referential each time though... I guess (since I still can't play right now) that there's probably a stone in the direction of the arrow/hole in the altar. If so, then let's use that one as the reference point to number the one pointed at by the shadow (for example, "the shadow points to the third stone clockwise to the one directly ahead of the altar").
    Is the number of stones in the circle around the altar constant or does it change from altar to altar? If it changes then we also need to take note of that...

Maybe these numbers will help us finally break this one!

========

Something completely unrelated that crossed my mind:

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned leaving the Animus... I know we tried many things while standing on/near the runes to activate them, but has anyone tried leaving the Animus? It might trigger something (a comment from Basim maybe?)

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

I just caught up on reading everything since my night-post and just realized that I was not very clear with my 2nd idea about the sun shining through the hole...

Since the height of the sun also varies while it moves from east to west, and since the orientation of the altars varies, at the time when the sun aligns with the hole, it shines on a very specific point, maybe this spot can be interacted with at that specific moment, giving us a part of a clue or something (not unlike the treasure hoards, which can be interacted with only after you find the map)...

=======
    Which makes me think: for the exact same reason, it'd worth trying to interact with the stone the shadow points to when it aligns with a rune!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@Shovelator Up to now we have found three different Ogham-texts:

(1) The 'Brendan was here'-text: Brenain maqi Finlugi mucoi Alti = Brendan, son of Finnlug, of the tribe Alt(raige), or Brendan of Clonfert as we know him; to be found at all the standing stones puzzles and in the cave at St. Kenhelm's Falls
    (2) The Arthur-text: Artur maqi Uteri Penndragon = Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon; in Myrddin's Cave, where we find and acquire Excalibur
    (3) ROFENSTRO NAMARE ROFINDISTROAO QRITANI INDOFINAHTAMALIAM; this one is present in all the caves of the Treasures of Britain where we find the tablets needed for unlocking Excalibur. The associated note appears to be a translation of the Ogham-text, but it is not; the same Ogham-text is used for all the treasures. (The only word we are certain of is QRITANI, which is to be read as Pritani as the Ogham alphabet did not have a letter for 'P', so they substituted 'Q' as also in QENNDRAGON = Penndragon. Pritani is the correct old form of the name Britain.)

We do not know for certain that inscription (3) gives us a relevant clue. But we try to find out. @pascalpalace has proposed a tentative translation, which I'm trying to verify. Ubisoft has confirmed that all Ogham-texts are in actual Primitive Irish. (If any one around here knows (old) Irish, please help us out!)

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

If this theory is true then there should be stones right by the 5th rune that points right towards the 6th I am gonna attempt to do that right now and see if it point me to the 6th tune or maybe the final place where an isu weapon lies at.

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

Theres shooting Stars all over norway

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

@hroozenbeek
    When I translated it on a translator it translated to an old rune that looks like it is pointing to something.

• Fl00pin
    22 posts

@hroozenbeek the only clue i have in vinland with brendan is that the final standings Stone puzzle is located there.. and only Menton the isu door that again is a reference to AC3. I have not been able to find any runes I vinland...

Another thought came to me.. you guys translated the time of day with the alters.. if we think about it a day has 24 hours.. why does it have to be the sun? Specific? Why cant it be the moon? The moon have also been casting shadows from the altars..

Just a thought.. been standing at the alter in glowen for almost 2 "in-game days" now just to se how the shadow is reacting to the sun/moon

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@hroozenbeek I see, thanks for clarifying!

I tried to translate the ogham writing to latin alphabet and i came to the same conclusion, but i was stuck on translating the gaelic to modern english. Google translate was not helping much, so i was also wondering how could i translate that...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@fl00pin Yes, Brendan's story ends at the standing stone in Vinland; he was quite frustrated the Isu-vault remained closed to him despite all his visions and travels. The Ogham-text there is the only inscription in Vinland, as far as I know. (Not counting the rune-inscription near the cabin with the Animus in the modern time, which is an easter egg for the 'Halfdan was here'-inscription in the Aya Sofia in Istanbul. In-game it apparently should be interpreted as 'Eivor was here'.)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@squzi3489 Could you elaborate?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Do we have any results from the altar in Glowe during night (moon) phase?
    I´m not sure if this all is correct and keep further an eye on that shadows / altars theory

Suggested Topics