Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

Since the moon follows the exact same path in the sky as the sun, we'll get the same results at some point during the night...

===== Did anyone check the "leaving the animus while near a rune" thing yet? (I hate not being able to check by myself, so frustrating!)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator The difficulty, for me at least, is that the texts should be Primitive Irish, as Antoine Henry of Ubisoft has stated. Wikipedia explains: "Primitive Irish or Archaic Irish (Irish: Gaeilge Ársa) is the oldest known form of the Goidelic. It is known only from fragments, mostly personal names, inscribed on stone in the ogham alphabet in Ireland and western Great Britain from around the 4th to the 7th or 8th centuries." There is not much to go on for us amateurs. The 'Brendan was here'- and the Arthur-texts were easy to translate, because texts of the type 'X son of Y of the tribe Z' or 'X son of Y' are among the most frequently attested Ogham-texts. (Fun fact: the word 'maqi' is identical to later Irish 'Mac'.) The third text is much more complex. I've been trying to use the Electronic Dictionary of the Irish Language (http://www.dil.ie/) as a source, since it covers Old and Middle Irish, the 'descendants' of Primitive Irish. That should be closer to our text than a modern Irish dictionary.

The second line of the third text reads NAMARE. @pascalpalace interpreted NAMA as namá = 'only, merely' (modern Irish?), but there is also the word náma = 'enemy' in Old Irish. The word ré can have lots of different (but associated) meanings, such as a period, moon, before, an indefinite number of something, etc.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

I will check it, just a moment please!

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@hroozenbeek while transcribting all those things i've used this website to more or less decode everything.
    i was looking at all the words and comparing them with several words in regular irish on this site.
    https://www.teanglann.ie/en/fgb/
    so at the end for one primitiv irish word i had several meanings. I collected them all and took the ones that seemed to be the most logic ones in the sentence.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

So, leaving the animus while standing on the settlement rune has no effect while loading into modern day or switching back from modern day to the animus simulation.
    No talk or expressions....

Sorry

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

if somone can translate those runes into English we can have a lead (the odin runes) it may be very hard though.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Any new clues / hints or important news to be shared?

• Fl00pin
    22 posts

When hovering over the altars in your map does anyone else hear a different sound for the altar in Eurvicscire?

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@squzi3489 could you be more specific? What runes?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Not sure if any of you follow jayvee's discord, but they're talking about a couple painted runes right next to the Suthsexe rune, that seem to be time sensitive with their appearance, like fade in and fade out. One took a video of it.

Maybe worth looking into.

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

when I was trying to activate the east angleia rune I got an idea, what if went on a boat with the berserker armor on because of it saying it is designed to guide the bear home and it said during night I did this and heard bell noises I think this is what we’re asposto do.

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

Suthexe ruin I meant

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@el_t_us Yes, I had read something about it. But I had not yet seen this video. Worth looking into.

This has only been observed in the proximity of this rune, I understand?

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

Also the suthexe rune under the map passage is confirmed nothing is there I glitched through the passage door and nothing but another areas of the map was there.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Does this runes maybe lead to something?
    Interpret these fade in and out runes maybe as a line to find something? like the lights on the airport for the landing airplanes? (Bad example, I know)

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

They are hard to make out. They remind me of images from the stone circles. A zoomed in photo might help.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@pascalpalace Yes, of course. I'm basically doing the same thing, just trying to keep an open mind to avoid tunnel vision and get a little bit closer to the form of Irish they used for these texts.

Reading tamall in the last line certainly seems attractive, but it has the general meaning of 'interval'/'distance' of time or space. And what to make of the letters that remain?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

I can currently see 2 of them on the cliffs and these are the runes from the Rodestan Monolith (Eurvicscire Standing Stones).
    Black color is also shown from one to the other as black color lines and some splotches of color.
    For me, they do not disappear. Also mediate close to them, always visual!
    What is the name of these rune?

undefined

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 this is the Triskelion

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 Does this line up with the 5 runes found?

Suggested Topics