Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

A hoard map in the ocean?

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

Good morning folks!

Thanks so much for the work you've been doing. I've been lurking on this thread for the past number of weeks and finally got my password issue figured out (I was using the wrong email address) and so I couldn't comment.

A few thoughts/observations:

• I had a feeling about the offering altars since the beginning of the game. When you make your offering, the cutscene camera would rise and look through the circle. I always felt that there was a reason for this. Most notably, as I'm sure is the case for most of us, our first experience with an offering occurred just across from Ravensthorpe where after looking through the circle and going in that direction, you get to Ragnarsson's Lookout. If I remember right, there was a chest there and I had the impression that it would show us the way to some reward...after all getting 10 bullheads takes time and getting a reward more than the skill point is warranted. Further, I recognize that the view in all the altars don't point to a rune...maybe it is intended for something else.
    • I fully support the idea that clues and hints are in the game to progress. Looking outside of the game, for example with Collector's Edition Boxes, should not be necessary. I think looking outside the game will help things along the way...but aren't necessary.
    • There was mention in the thread about a ram that went up a granite cliff in the northern region that went into a cave. Has this been chased down? If not, does anyone know where that letter was found so I can investigate it further?
    • Despite my earlier comment on "looking outside the game", I've been playing with Ley Lines. For those who don't know, a ley line is a path where the earth's energy passes through. I consider this an intriguing thought because the theory is that ancient peoples were in tune with these lines and built monuments along them...like Stonehenge, the Pyramids and so on. With all this talk on the thread about how things line up with each other, instead of shapes maybe we should be looking at the connections from a different perspective.
    • I can't remember if it was mentioned already or not (there is tons of awesome theories in this thread) but a line can be made from the disappearing runes in Suthsexe through Rune #1 and it ends up at the Rodestan Monolith...which has the same rune. Maybe the monoliths play a role in this mystery as well.

Now that I'm able to comment, you'll be seeing more of me.

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@hroozenbeek

While I would agree with your objection if we talked "really near", the changing symbols "near" rune#2, are actually not that close to it...

And it makes sense to put them some distance away, because if not, then it would allow to solve the mystery through a brute force approach. There are only 4 runes left to match and 8 Standing stones (if the runes don't share the same standing stone), thus there are 1680 configurations possible. I wouldn't put trying to link each Odin's rune to each Standing stone until finding a pattern as "too much effort" for certain people, particularly if using computer assistance.

However, if the actual target, the changing symbols are, say, just 200m away from the runes, then the few degrees of error can ruin the pattern enough that it'd be useless.

So, yes, the theory might be wrong, but without quite a bit of footwork from all of us, we'll never know for sure. And, until we get more data to work with, allowing us to see a pattern emerge and possibly make the search more streamlined, there's no other option but trial and error.

=====

I just had an idea which may help us locate the symbols though. In the case of rune #2, the symbols are found in the direction which the horizontal line of the rune points to. Might be the same for the other runes. We may even focus on the left side (where the horizontal line intersects the vertical one) at first, then try checking the right side too, if there's no payout with the first option...

In the case of rune#1, it points almost directly to the settlement, but there's quite a few cliff faces/rocky areas just on the other side of the settlement, which I'm not sure have been checked...

=====

(I'm almost done with work today, will start playing soon)

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@nash_trickster In the case of rune#1, it points almost directly to the settlement, but there's quite a few cliff faces/rocky areas just on the other side of the settlement, which I'm not sure have been checked...

I have the same theory that there must be more around Rune#1. I've been searching around Ravensthorpe. Admittedly, timing seems to be a key factor and so it's VERY likely that I wasn't in the right place at the right time. I'm continuing my focus around the settlement.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@supergamer7829 Welcome. For the Ram look in the cartographer building 2 letters.

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Fantastic. Thanks for the help.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@supergamer7829

Welcome to our thread 🙂

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@supergamer7829 Warm welcome to Ubisoft's rocks research programme. By this point, everyone who worked on this mystery could easily get their PhD in Rock Formations and Geology Studies!

What I find completely hilarious is that we were able to find these 5 runes and the triquetra symbols by dumb luck, and now, with soo many leads and theories, and so many of us working and searching, we are unable to find more.

@Tchester1980 sorry, I meant treasure, not map...

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@verendrye Yeah. But I am still looking at rocks, still looking for more runes, still trying everything that gets mentioned. So much that I'm now climbing rocks in my sleep apparently lol.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

LOOOOL. Sleep well 😉

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Normal treasure or something special?

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 treasure from hoard map apparentely, gave me a cosmetic for settlement

• Verendrye
    141 posts

Correct me if Im wrong guys, I dont remember if this was said. If it was, I will delete the post!

But do we know that the symbol from Rodestan Standing Stone is the same with the triquetra in Suthsexe?

undefined

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@verendrye We do indeed. Leave the post for future reference.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Do we have any updates?
    Discord?
    Twitter?
    Oracle?
    Card reading?
    ingame?

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@verendrye I guess you must have swam all the way to the south-west of Brimcliff Monastery, because there is an underwater hoard there...

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 We didnt go to the Oracle of Delphi yet 😁

@nash_trickster I believe so. It was a treasure near some cliffs and an old, submerged, viking boat. On the cliff there was a christian cross

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@tchester1980 nothing so far from my in-game search and my eyes start to be tired from looking at every black stain I find on rocks, so I'll let them recover a bit (might have another try later tonight though)...

My magic 8-ball says "Ask again later" lol

======

Just something I've been wondering while thinking about the Standing Stones: has anyone tried to use the texts from Brendan to figure out in which order he visited them? And if not, does anyone know a place online where I can find all these texts without having to re-visit them all?

• Storasys
    17 posts

Hey all, i followed this thread for a while now, but didn't have anything to bring to the table yet. It's cool to see how much fun and great ideas you guys are having, working together to solve this riddle 🙂

I ruminated about the Ogham-Translations (regarding the "lines that can be found only in Britannia and are only visible during a specific moment") and it ocurred to me that -maybe- they do not refer to Odins Illusionary runes, but to the Menhire? It matches quite well, because the menhire can be found only in Britannia, and the symbols there are only visible for a short and specific amount of time (after using Odins Sight). Last but not least, the symbols are hard to spot because one has to find the right angle and stuff. Additionally, i stood next to the Triquerta west of the 4th Rune and it does not vanish for me, nor is it harder to spot at any time, so i am not sure if the aforementioned Ogham-Text is applicable there...

I also spend the last 2 hours looking for similar symbols around the Hamtunscire-Rune, but found nothing.

just wanted to drop this here, wish i had more to offer 🙂

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@nash_trickster Yeah, its important to take care of us 🙂

I just searched about Brendan's texts, but no luck. I believe you might have to access them via Valhalla..

If I remember correctly, he does mention which site he visited first. About the last one, we already know its the one in Vinland. About the rest, well...

@Tchester1980 my cards say to remain hopeful because the solution will come faster than we think!

Suggested Topics