Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@storasys Hello! Welcome to the thread!

We do have standing stones in Vinland too.

Lets ask this question: would we need instructions in Primitive Irish, found in caves which help us get closer to Excalibur, on how to use Odins sight in order to solve the Menhires?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

Nice 8-ball, need also one.

To your 1st question: There are all common these messages. There are no clue which one was the first and which one was the last. I have nothing found on them. Only "Brendan was here"... (figuratively speaking)
    To your 2nd question: I don´t know if there is a database or so. But all 9 standing stones has the same rune text with the same translation meaning.... No different ones.

Additional note:
    1.) in the Excalibur cave, we found in front of the Excalibur stone one additional Ogham rune text. Translated: Arthur, son from Pendragon (or so....)
    2.) in the treasure of britania caves: There is also another Ogham rune text. Translated, but not 100% confirmed if I remember right: THE LINES ARE DIFFICULT TO SEE, YOU FIND THEM ONLY IN BRITANNIA IN A SPECIFIC MOMENT, ON A SPECIFIC TIME (OF DAY)

In total we have 3 different messages!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@storasys

First, hello and welcome to our team. Nice to meet you!

Your theory is really good regarding the Menhire... Indeed, the facts and also your interpretation is absolutely correct, maybe @hroozenbeek could check your theory and we can confirm that. For me it is absolute plausible...
    Thank you

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

your words in my ears. I fully trust you.
    I do not want to be disappointed 🙂 (Joke)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@nash_trickster All the texts can be found on Layla's laptop. They are numbered in (apparently) the right chronological order. For easy reference, I've put them all together, including the translations of the Isu-texts in Myrddin's Cave:

undefined

Unfortunately, it doesn't say which location belongs to which text...

• Storasys
    17 posts

@tchester1980 thanks for the welcome 🙂

My logic is flawed... as Venrendrye pointed out correctly, there actually IS a menhire outside of Britain (in Vinland), totally escaped me. So the ogham does not fit in that regard! Maybe i will be able to contribute otherwise, if only by checking the runes' surrounding for other Menhire-symbols. The more eyes, the greater the chance to catch something!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Regarding your question:
    I think, this was maybe the intention of the Narrative Director Darby McDevitt or Antoine Henry that we will find some clues which will lead us to the Excalibur.
    Maybe the first player found Excalibur by accident, or he had tips from outside, like the guys from Access the Animus. Many puzzles lead to the goal and how to get the weapon. If I take a closer look at what conditions were set (treasure of Britania), who can find out without such clues? So I do think that these hidden clues were also used. Only then did anyone post it on YouTube without the exact route and everyone got it without knowing how to get it with this information! Can you follow me? Do you know what I mean?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@storasys

But the Menhire in Vinland was also visit by Brendan, this was his last one on his travel and he, if I remember right, was disappointing to were not able to open the ISU door in the cave.
    And also all historical articles has shown, that Brendan was in America....

This is the text he spoke for the Vinland Menhire:

undefined

Thanks to @hroozenbeek

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Looking back, I missed the one obvious clue that would have led me to the vault with Excalibur. The location (Myrddin's Cave) is marked on your map the moment you get near to it, and the game notifies the player that a new location has been found. Each and every time I passed through the region, the game notified me where I was. And yet I missed it. That's me being stupid.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Text XIII is the text associated with the Standing Stones in Vinland. His voyage to America is, of course, not a historical fact, but his legendary voyages to an overseas land have later been identified as him 'discovering' America even before the Vikings.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

When I think about how I got Excalibur back then, I have to admit, I found the cave by accident while exploring. I hunted the brown bears outside because of the hunting quest in the settlement. That's when I discovered the cave. Of course, I ran in and inquired intensively until I found the sword, which I naturally tried to pull out directly. Since it didn't work, I went to YouTube to find out how to get it and they just explained what you need and not how to get to this place!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Well, I entirely missed the cave until I looked up on the internet how to get Excalibur... As I said, me being stupid. Once you know the location, playing the game does the rest, because you gather all the tablets by exploring the Treasures of Britain and by defeating the Zealots.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 The location of Mjolnir is a different story altogether, because the location will not be marked on your map, even if you ventured in its vicinity. I don't know how to find that location in a normal paythrough. (Except for looking it up on the internet.)

• Storasys
    17 posts

@hroozenbeek

i checked which text belongs to which region, here is my list:

I.            Glowecaesterscir (Rholdrwyg)
    II.           Scrobbescir (Mycelfeld)
    III.          Eoforwicscir (Rodestan)
    IV.         Snotingahamscir (Aescforda)
    V.           Grantabrygscir (Lord and Lady)
    VI.         Legraesterscire (Cosinton)
    VII.        Snotingahamscir (Wreocensaete)
    VIII.       Gloewcaesterscir (Teufels Ringspiel)
    IX.          East-Anglie (Saeheng)
    X.           Caent (Maedewege)
    XI.          Hamtunscire (Weala-Dic)
    XII.        Hamtunscire (Stonehenge)
    XIII.       Vinland

I hope the names are similar in the english version, since i am playing the german one 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Agree. I didn´t know that also without "cheating" on YouTube 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@storasys

thank you for this great work. Good Job. I will take your list to my personally notes 🙂
    Gut gemacht 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

And also Gungnir... For me, I didn't run off with Sigurd like you during the quest to get Gugnir. I followed him well and only got it afterwards 🙂
    (I could never have let my "brother" down for Loot ...)

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

Danka danka

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I'm just glad and proud I found one of the special weapons entirely on my own... 🙂 I believe you also have the saying "Eine Kinderhand ist schnell gefüllt". (It's the same in Dutch.)

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

For sure..... We have and I know it....

Regarding proud:
    So, I´m proud that I can work with such a great community here in a single player game. We have found so many clues, worked out so many different theories and we have connected here in this thread so many people, what Ubisoft has never done before.
    That´s make me proud!

Suggested Topics