Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Looking back, I missed the one obvious clue that would have led me to the vault with Excalibur. The location (Myrddin's Cave) is marked on your map the moment you get near to it, and the game notifies the player that a new location has been found. Each and every time I passed through the region, the game notified me where I was. And yet I missed it. That's me being stupid.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Text XIII is the text associated with the Standing Stones in Vinland. His voyage to America is, of course, not a historical fact, but his legendary voyages to an overseas land have later been identified as him 'discovering' America even before the Vikings.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

When I think about how I got Excalibur back then, I have to admit, I found the cave by accident while exploring. I hunted the brown bears outside because of the hunting quest in the settlement. That's when I discovered the cave. Of course, I ran in and inquired intensively until I found the sword, which I naturally tried to pull out directly. Since it didn't work, I went to YouTube to find out how to get it and they just explained what you need and not how to get to this place!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Well, I entirely missed the cave until I looked up on the internet how to get Excalibur... As I said, me being stupid. Once you know the location, playing the game does the rest, because you gather all the tablets by exploring the Treasures of Britain and by defeating the Zealots.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 The location of Mjolnir is a different story altogether, because the location will not be marked on your map, even if you ventured in its vicinity. I don't know how to find that location in a normal paythrough. (Except for looking it up on the internet.)

• Storasys
    17 posts

@hroozenbeek

i checked which text belongs to which region, here is my list:

I.            Glowecaesterscir (Rholdrwyg)
    II.           Scrobbescir (Mycelfeld)
    III.          Eoforwicscir (Rodestan)
    IV.         Snotingahamscir (Aescforda)
    V.           Grantabrygscir (Lord and Lady)
    VI.         Legraesterscire (Cosinton)
    VII.        Snotingahamscir (Wreocensaete)
    VIII.       Gloewcaesterscir (Teufels Ringspiel)
    IX.          East-Anglie (Saeheng)
    X.           Caent (Maedewege)
    XI.          Hamtunscire (Weala-Dic)
    XII.        Hamtunscire (Stonehenge)
    XIII.       Vinland

I hope the names are similar in the english version, since i am playing the german one 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Agree. I didn´t know that also without "cheating" on YouTube 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@storasys

thank you for this great work. Good Job. I will take your list to my personally notes 🙂
    Gut gemacht 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

And also Gungnir... For me, I didn't run off with Sigurd like you during the quest to get Gugnir. I followed him well and only got it afterwards 🙂
    (I could never have let my "brother" down for Loot ...)

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

Danka danka

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I'm just glad and proud I found one of the special weapons entirely on my own... 🙂 I believe you also have the saying "Eine Kinderhand ist schnell gefüllt". (It's the same in Dutch.)

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

For sure..... We have and I know it....

Regarding proud:
    So, I´m proud that I can work with such a great community here in a single player game. We have found so many clues, worked out so many different theories and we have connected here in this thread so many people, what Ubisoft has never done before.
    That´s make me proud!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, we have a nice global community going on in here. 🙂 Thanks to all of you for cooperating and sharing your ideas and findings!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I have just checked, This thread has more than 1.700 posts.... Absolutely amazing....
    WoW

undefined

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

I've spent the better part of the day looking around Ravensthorpe for anything else that might be relevant.

Nothing except a bunch more iron ore in my inventory.

A thought occurred to me. Perhaps Odin's Rune isn't marking a specific spot where an event is to occur. Maybe it's just marking an area where something is to occur. For example, Rune #1 is simply marking the entire outcropping of rock as being significant in some way.

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@tchester1980 Does this mean that my completion percentage is going to go from 94.18% to 95.33%? 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@supergamer7829

If you can tell us something relevant about Odin's rune and how we can solve the riddle, I can talk to @Black_Widow9 🙂
    Maybe you can go to 95.34%

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 Yepyep, Im with you. But I asked something else: could the texts in Irish, which we found on our way to Excalibur, help us understand or give a lead towards the Odins Rune? Or the triquetra?

• thornh
    18 posts

Hello everyone. Sorry, I am new to this particular thread. I have briefly seen the videos on youtube referring to the Odin runes. I was too busy starting the game over (in my first game, 195+ hours, I couldn't progress past "Defensive Measures" in Asgard. Second playthrough is going better with respect to Asgard. Can't believe how much there is after "Defensive Measures"!).

I have read through many posts here and I will start looking around as well. I just hope we're not following a dead end quest like the Ragnar death pit. My only questions is has the community just been focused on the England map or has someone tried to piece this all together using the England, Norway, Vinland, Asgard and Jotenheim maps?

Thanks!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

When we can confirm, that the irish Ogham rune text on the britania caves are connected ONLY to Excalibur, then I would say no, they will not lead us to something connected with the Odin´s Rune. Currently the facts telling us this, but we are not sure.
    We have no official confirmation on it and it is currently only a theory by this community thread!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics