Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, we have a nice global community going on in here. 🙂 Thanks to all of you for cooperating and sharing your ideas and findings!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I have just checked, This thread has more than 1.700 posts.... Absolutely amazing....
    WoW

undefined

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

I've spent the better part of the day looking around Ravensthorpe for anything else that might be relevant.

Nothing except a bunch more iron ore in my inventory.

A thought occurred to me. Perhaps Odin's Rune isn't marking a specific spot where an event is to occur. Maybe it's just marking an area where something is to occur. For example, Rune #1 is simply marking the entire outcropping of rock as being significant in some way.

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@tchester1980 Does this mean that my completion percentage is going to go from 94.18% to 95.33%? 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@supergamer7829

If you can tell us something relevant about Odin's rune and how we can solve the riddle, I can talk to @Black_Widow9 🙂
    Maybe you can go to 95.34%

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 Yepyep, Im with you. But I asked something else: could the texts in Irish, which we found on our way to Excalibur, help us understand or give a lead towards the Odins Rune? Or the triquetra?

• thornh
    18 posts

Hello everyone. Sorry, I am new to this particular thread. I have briefly seen the videos on youtube referring to the Odin runes. I was too busy starting the game over (in my first game, 195+ hours, I couldn't progress past "Defensive Measures" in Asgard. Second playthrough is going better with respect to Asgard. Can't believe how much there is after "Defensive Measures"!).

I have read through many posts here and I will start looking around as well. I just hope we're not following a dead end quest like the Ragnar death pit. My only questions is has the community just been focused on the England map or has someone tried to piece this all together using the England, Norway, Vinland, Asgard and Jotenheim maps?

Thanks!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

When we can confirm, that the irish Ogham rune text on the britania caves are connected ONLY to Excalibur, then I would say no, they will not lead us to something connected with the Odin´s Rune. Currently the facts telling us this, but we are not sure.
    We have no official confirmation on it and it is currently only a theory by this community thread!

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 Eeeeyyy!!! Lets have a party about this!

1700 posts and counting!

So happy to work with you all!! 😊

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@thornh

First I would say: Welcome to the team!
    We have worked in different ways and checked for sure Norway, Asgard and Jotenheim.
    Vinland is another topic due to the separation of the main story.
    Asgard and also Jotenheim are mainly in Eivors mind, such like dreams and we have checked it, but nothing found.

That´s why we focused on England and found the most clues and hints.

Regarding Ragnar´s death pit I think you have already heard it, that this is just a BUG and normally, you will get there something or will trigger something there after defeating all Drengr.
    This should be fixed in the next upcoming patch. Ubisoft already confirmed that -> no dead-end

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@thornh Hello!! Welcome to the team as well! So many new people today on the thread!

We try to stay opened about everything.

So far, no Odin rune has been found in Vinland, Norway, Asgard or Jotunheim. We translated the runes in Asgard, but without success

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@tchester1980

I found most of the Isu weapons (all but the bow actually) purely by accident...

After finishing the main story, I decided to finish the hunting quests. At one point I needed polar bear skins, so headed to Norway and thought "can we go back to the fjord we opened up at the end?" So I headed there... I spotted a polar bear on the shore and stopped there... Then I saw there were lots of crows along the slope, and crow feathers were another of the things I missed, so I hunted them, going up the slope and at the end saw something shiny... You guessed it, I had just found Mjolnir, purely by accident. Tried to pick it up then but I was not "worthy" yet 😉
    Since I already had 2 pieces of Thor's armour, having killed 2 of Lerion's Daughters, I quickly guessed what I needed to do in order to pick it up. (The only thing I had to look was how to get Thor's cloak, because after completing the Lerion story, I couldn't figure how to get the last missing piece.)

After finding Mjolnir's location, I simply kept going deeper into the fjord, reached the Isu temple, and without Sigurd to lead me away from it, I ventured in Gungnir's room.

And for Excalibur, I found the room really early in the game. I was far from having the level to venture into Hamtunshire, but guessed there might be a puzzle under Stonehenge, like the one under the Sphinx in Origins.
    Once I reached Stonehenge (after dying quite a few times to high level enemies ambushes), I used Synin to spot any "secret entrances" in the area and quickly found Myrddin's Cave and thus Excalibur... In Excalibur's room, since there was already one of the pillars which was activated, checking it and comparing with others taught me I needed tablets. Once I stumbled on the first Treasure of Britain cave, I knew what I needed to find, and the first zealot I killed which dropped one taught me where to find the others...

In other words, to miss Excalibur in a playthrough, you'd have to not be very curious, and just follow your quest markers ignoring everything else, but the other 2 could be very easily missed and AFAIK nothing points to their location.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts
  • Fl00pin
    22 posts

I know this might sound crazy and it could just be a dead end.. but when we are in jotunheim and go down to "the laboratory" to gungir..(female jotun) we see this portal which is a communication system or thing that echoes in time? Maybe there is something to this because under the cut scene we can clearly hear some say "hello" on the other side..

So maybe we have to do something in jotunheim to activate the runes in some way? Because our actions echo true time? Like tyr loses his arm.. like sigurs loses his arm.. our actions is connected somehow?

Dunno.. just getting tired of looking at rocks all day

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@hroozenbeek & @storasys Thanks!

Not sure if it'll help for the mystery at hand, but at least my curiosity was satisfied 😉

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@fl00pin I also had the feeling that there was more to it when I played that scene, and indeed there is, but in a different way. It seems that the voice you hear is Ezio's and that this is the other side of the contact between Ezio (but addressing Desmond Miles) and Minerva (here Gunlodr) in AC II.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@fl00pin dont make the rocks angry, they might hide the mysteries if we do this 😁

• Fl00pin
    22 posts

@hroozenbeek have you tried going back to the vakt om jotunheim to code the runes on the huge stones with gold markings on them?

• Fl00pin
    22 posts

@verendrye been hacking and slashing all rocks over England now with excalibur.. if they are not angry now I dont want to find out when they do

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@fl00pin No, I haven't. We have been checking some runes in Asgard, though, and they didn't amount to anything. But no-one here is a rune expert or an expert in old Norse.

Suggested Topics