Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@wilfinn

I think, this axe is still not in the game right now...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Thank you guys / ladies for the translation. Seems to be nothing.

Found that on a longship boat inside as a type shield 🙂 (VIN or EUN)
    I´m a mechanical engineer and thought, maybe there is written the displacement [cm], horse power [HP] and max. load [kg]...
    But with an giant on ice I have not think about.....

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@storasys Nice translations!

I still find it surprising no rune has any meaning in this game! We are in a viking-based game, and at first glance we are surrounded by them, but they are not to be translated. Whats more, what can actually be translated is Primitive Irish!!!

I call that a paradox

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 So the symbol on the tree @AN0L1 found is also in Glowe? Is this one on the parallel line too?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

I thought, he has found it there?

I know only this one location outside of the standing stones for England. Take the fast travel point near Thieves Warren in Glowe...

undefined

In Jotunheim they were used for the invisible magic moment trick a la Copperfield to hide these buildings, you know?

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

@tchester1980 I thought I was just undiscovered, similar to the ragnor knife but that's glitched out, we have skaldi bow so I presummed it would be, along with a armour set in future dlc

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye This is a Viking game, yes, but the main setting for the game is England, which is inhabited mostly by Anglo-Saxons at this time.

The texts in Primitive Irish are all Ogham-inscriptions, not technically runes. The Ogham-script is the correct script for that language. Most of these texts (the ones at the Standing Stones and in the cave at St. Kenhelm's Falls) mention Brendan of Clonfert, who was Irish, so that makes sense.

The Treasures of Britain is a Welsh legend, not Irish, but both cultures are Celtic in origin, so I think Ubisoft grouped them together for this game. In Myrddin's Cave (the one with Excalibur) there are inscriptions (in the Isu-language, translations can be found on Layla's laptop) mentioning Lug and Morrigan, both of them Irish (Celtic) deities. So there is a reason why we find Ogham-texts in the caves with the Excalibur-tablets.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@storasys I don't know what it's supposed to mean either. The mix of Elder and Younger Futhark (and the reuse of the first line by rotating it) already suggests that this has no meaning.

• Storasys
    17 posts

@verendrye thanks 🙂

yeah, seems like a wasted opportunity. It would have been great if they used - for example- texts from the edda or something similar rather than just randomly throwing the runes together. They did that (using an old text) with the chest/ back Tattoo of Ivarr though, it was fun translating it 😄

• Verendrye
    141 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

No, if my sketch is detailed enough, the tree doesn´t match:

undefined

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I don´t want to start a discussion here regarding the translation of this shield on the longship.
    I only wanted to have it translated by your expert translation skills to avoid that we do not have check everything.

Thanks to all who has tried to translate this type shield.
    It is definitely a death-end and has no connection to the game....

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 Alright. So I believe matching these symbols with the standing stones is a dead end too. I deleted the post! I want to maintain a clear thread, as much as possible, so its easy to read it 😊

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye Be careful. If we delete all posts with dead ends, we won't have much left... 😉

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@hroozenbeek In this way, we would have half the thread! 🤣 It was useless to keep that one, @Tchester1980 posted the right map 🙂

• JONNY5ALIVE21
    4 posts

Anyone notice that the Isu weopons found in norway are all norse based and all Isu items found in england are celtic deity based. Just an observation. Makes me think the Odin's runes won't lead to Isu weaponry in England due to the runes being more Norse based.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

I just noticed that if I put a marker on the locations of the Treasures of Britain (excluding Myrddin's Cave), they show up as though they're still 'active':

undefined

This doesn't happen with other locations, as far as I can tell. Intentional or not, what do you think?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I also recognize that. I think, this marks that these locations are special.
    First time I saw that, I checked these locations again and came to the conclusion, that this is a way from UBISOFT to help the gamers.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@jonny5alive21 You're right with regard to weapons, but it could be an armor set (five runes as far as we know - five armor pieces). Thor's armor is also to be found in England, although he's obviously a Norse god and

spoiler

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@jonny5alive21

Could be, but is the Norden´s arc not also Norse based?
    And what about the Thor´s armor set you get in England and not in Norway?
    Regarding weapons I think, due to the religion and homeland of the Vikings, it makes no sense to hide Gugnir and also Mjolnir in England. These are Vikings religion based weapons and that´s why you can find them in Norway!

Excalibur is a typical Celtic weapon and for sure, it has to be hidden in England 🙂
    Although it's still a myth for the humans.... but not for Ubisoft 😛

Suggested Topics