Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@azullfr now say what? I can't find what you're talking about.

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@el_t_us Yes it's from the Hávamál - stanza 77. I found a video by Jackson Crawford reading the poem with the text on screen -

. The runes transate to something like - "Cattle die, kinsmen die, the self must also die; I know one thing which never dies:the reputation (or judgement according to Dr Crawford) of each dead man".

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Here's some more rune's I found in Ravensthorpe. Compiled.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

The Trading Post (Merchant) in Vinland has different runes. The Merchant in Norway is the same as England.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

More runes from the Orlog pieces.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Great work. We can keep them in mind for further translations.
    Thank you

• Shovelator
    150 posts

Good work on collecting the runes guys!

Regarding the Ravensthorpe ones, it looks like the runes are norse version of the shop names. I only tried translating Reda's shop and i think it says "TH U S U D A U G E N" - thousand eyes

Here is a screenshot of the runes that appear on the splash screen (the one that circle around the AC logo)
    undefined

Haven't really tried translating them, since the runes have multpiple letters asociated and its just guesswork which letters they represent. And another issue, if the words are in old norse, finding their transaltions.

On the right side in red is Younger futhark runic alphabet (copied from wikipedia)
    In green are the runes as shown on the splash screen, each word in its own column. Next to them are the letters that the runes represent. However, i just took a screenshot then started rewriting words in clockwise direction, so the first word might not be the correct start of the sentance.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

So, Who is Beonsby? The chap who looks after the hill figure (Horse) at night.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@the3wsuk This is also the line which Eivor says when talking to Sigurd in the Valhalla simulation, when Sigurd says that he is immortal while in the simulation, Eivor responds with the stanza 77 from Havamal

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

When doing a opal quest for redain mercia, evior said your time in midgard is over... Just going to leave it here with the other dead ends

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@el_t_us @Shovelator Thank you so much guys for the amazing work!! I used the translations found by you, and I decided to translate again the Asgard runes.

Interesting, this time I came up with something else, even though I had to use the runic cypher again, because some symbols were missing from what you found.

Helm of Awe top: UGGAEUBARNAN
    Helm of Awe bottom: UARG
    Column: GMA

I did some research, and I discovered this: In ancient Mesopotamia, the Babylonians named the death god Uggae. 'barnan' is the present tense from the proto-celtic verb 'to proclaim', or the old norse noun 'child'.

The most difficult to translate is UARG, which means either 'wolf', 'murderer', 'raiser'/'bringer'.

I certainly need a second or third pair of eyes to check and translate the runes.

So far, I would translate the Helm of Awe as 'Killer of the Wolf-child', which could refer to Odin/Havi who wanted to kill Fenrir. Also, the Seer depicted could be Angrboda, and we have the Helm of Awe because the symbol can bring terror in the people or in the individual who received the Helm as a spell from that someone who made the spell.

What do you girls&guys think?

The real shock is... the runes are translatable, and not random as we thought!

• Storasys
    17 posts

@verendrye there is that wallpainting in Asgard, where you can see Odin riding on an elk, and on the bottom it says "varg" too.

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@verendrye I thought it sounded familiar.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Great Job and thank you for not given up and try again to translate it^^
    Makes absolutely sense for me.
    Rune mystery in Asgard solved.....

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@storasys Wow, I dont know this one. Where can I find it? 'varg' stands for 'wolf', apparentely. Very interesting!

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@wilfinn I heard this a few times myself. It's a line that's associated with a specific quest from Reda. I believe it's the one where someone cheated Reda. I took it as a "I hope you rot in hell" kinda statement.

• Storasys
    17 posts

@verendrye it looks like this, and you can find it if you jump from the high Tower in Asgard and turn left, then walk until you reach the corner of the street turning left again... there are several of those, if you use the camera to zoom in on the bottom of the picture you will find "varg" written there (i think it is 3 in total?). I am bad at rout descriptions, sorry ^^
    undefined

• Storasys
    17 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye I'm a little bit confused. Were you and @Storasys referring to different runic inscriptions? I only know the one @Storasys posted, with what looks like Odin (Havi) riding an elk, with the Helm of Awe in gold.

Great work with the translations! It pays off to persevere! Do we have an explanation why a Babylonian god is mentioned here?

• Storasys
    17 posts

@hroozenbeek oh you are right, i guess i did not understand that Verendrye and i meant the same painting 🙂 Sorry for the confusion!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics