Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 Shots fired!!!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

One additional comment what will answer why we have just now found rune #6:
    Northumbria was made by Ubisoft Shanghai, Singapore or whatelse instead of Montreal?!?!? Or?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Now, @hroozenbeek , I´m on your boat. I tested the photo glitch to look what is behind the runes and my findings on rune #1 is amazing.
    It looks really that the rune is a gate which can be opened somehow to enter a completely cave inside.
    Look, what I found:

undefined

spotted out from:
    undefined

and:
    undefined

spotted out from:
    undefined

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@tchester1980 Very nice!
    @Verendrye Yup, i remember that comment on YT. I tried one of those apps once that allow you to check game files, but Im a little bit worried about accidentally corrupting my game files 😛
    Also, i think they only allow you to browse game 3D models... Might be of some help in locating these rocks with runes tho

Im currently checking out Centerburry again, acording to the map with circles. I really want that theory to be true, haha.

I remember someone posting here about checking something on an unpatched game (or maybe patch 1.1.1), I think around the time when we were checking out the floating doors? I hope that person still checks these forums 🙂

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@Verendrye Well, this is the rune from the YT comment. Only one such file exists. Its possible that this is only a stencil that is drawn over a rock, as in the 3D model of the rock and its texture don't actually have the rune modelled/drawn on it.
    undefined

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Great to have you on board. 🙂 So now we have confirmed caves behind all the runes. All we have to figure out is how to get into those caves the proper way. Easy peasy. 😉

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator That someone was @MissM16, if I remember correctly.

• MissM16
    163 posts

@el_t_us

Hi

I got your message but sadly I can't reply so I'll do it here.

Yes, I may be the only unicorn lol that's still playing on patch 1.04 and offline and I can see the new 6th rune just like all the others. It was definitely there since launch. I'll take a video if you guys need to post it anywhere for proof (all 6 runes visible on patch 1.04 and offline). Let me know if it's needed.

Also, I just skimmed through the thread and I was able to identify a constellation with the new rune (Aquarius to be exact which is depicted in our skill tree under Raven). Give me a moment to draw up a possible map of where the stars point us. If there's any validity to the constellation theory, we'll get an idea where to find more runes.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@missm16 Thank you! You rock!

• MissM16
    163 posts

Aquarius constellation

I tried my best to keep the angles as accurate as possible and included all the stars even though not all may have been visible to the unaided eye in Eivor's time.

The northernmost star is very large and bright (so definitely visible) but it falls northeast of rune #3 off the England map pointing us straight to Norway. If this holds true, the first or last rune or possibly the ah-ha moment should be in Norway.

I'm gonna look under some of those stars in England for now. I think we'll need our entire community to search Norway military style. Good lord it's all huge snow covered rocks 😖

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

@missm16 it looks like, that the northern star is located at the position of the cave where u can find the ring “andvaranaut” (Loki Rabbit). When u use the photo mode, u can find a secret cave behind the entrance (similar to the runes).
    i can be wrong, but I’m quite sure that the last missing star isn’t located in Norway ... and the line of ur drawing is going throught this area

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

How did you extract the rune out of the forge files?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 lol I was just digging into the same thoughts. I also would like to see how to extract all subtitles or voice files. If there is a way to unlock the runes, I think it's very likely that Eivor says something, or interacts with someone or some thing.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@tchester1980 I found an app called Blacksmith 😉

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Same lol, like 10 minutes ago. Too late to run now, but will try it out in the AM.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@dsldo79

Jesus that 6th rune is almost invisible. That means that searching with the bird might not have been such a good idea after-all, seeing how with bird visioen you would have easily missed this.

If you guys truly believe a cave entrance is near each of these runes, maybe taking a closer look at the cent east side might be worthwhile.
    Along the coast there is a door like cave entrance, its pretty shallow but nonetheless maybe there is something there.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us cool 🙂 its a little tricky to use tho. Also its maybe a good idea to copy entire valhalla folder to another location, to prevent accidental file corruptions.

I also found some cave models which looked like the rune #2 cave.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@missm16 Thank you so much for the confirmation. Seems those plane tickets can wait! Wouldn't it be accurate to look for constellations which could be seen during Eivor's time, and which were not modified centuries later? 🤔 I will check the areas you marked on the photo anyway, just to be sure.

@Tchester1980 you are right, Ubisoft Singapore was responsible for Eurvicscire.

@Shovelator thank you for checking the game files!

At least something we can confirm: these runes were there since launch and they are intentional indeed.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Regardless of whether we find more runes or not, there are certainly more in England, but the question is, how do we get in there the regular way?
    I do not think that we have to glitch in, you can see what happen then on the south rune in Suthsexe, nothing there.
    Additional all other glitched cave pictures shown more or less an empty cave.

To me, the caves look like they are an instance that is filled with life when you go through a portal or something similar.
    So far we have no indications to act with the runes or to activate them until now. Which has to be our first priority to find out...

Perhaps the seer actually plays an important role and we will only be able to solve the riddle with the DLC, but why have the runes been there since the release?
    This now raises further questions ...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Maybe we have to check this dude and his mission, maybe he has something to do with our runes:

undefined

Someone found this shadow dude floating in the air on the border between Suthsexe and Hamtunscire!
    Anybody already have seen him and know the exact location?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics