Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Yeah I can't reproduce the shadow guy either. I think it has to do with that quest, and I remember doing that quest at night, so I may have missed it.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator What the the rune called in Blacksmith?

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@el_t_us ACKEX_psd_cave_rune_DiffuseMap_TopMip_0. If you search for "cave" you can also see some cave models that look like the cave at rune #2.

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@el_t_us oh, and its under England pack. The pack is huge, so it takes a few minutes to load.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Thank you! I found it once I realized I didn't have England loaded. I'm seriously considering making a mod to retexture the runes to be a bright pink solid color square lol.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Maybe that´s an idea to make them more visible, but on the end, we still don't know how and what to do with the runes....

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@el_t_us hahah, thats a good idea 🙂 perhaps also attach a warhorn sound to them 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

And then? We need to activate them somehow

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

That means, that the rune should only be in England? Can you confirm that with your Blacksmith tool?

• enno906
    19 posts

The name of the blacksmith file says a lot .... CAVE rune. So some theories are evident. Can anybody tell me, how I can view the compiledMip-Files? They aren't displayed here ...

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@tchester1980 sure, i will do it later today. I only checked vinland and asgard yesterday, but i didnt see anything.

Was just joking 😛 I moded some other games, but they had an offical moding tool, so i dont know how this would be possible here...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@enno906 Absolutely. We don't have to question the relation between the runes and the hidden caves anymore. 🙂 It feels a bit like cheating, but we did that already by using the Photo Mode-glitch.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

We only used what the game made available to us....

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 We exploited a glitch. That's not the same. But you don't hear me complaining. Just showing I have something of a conscience, although I manage very well to keep it in check. 😉

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

Talking about glitches: what confuses me a little bit is that the two 'special' caves that are accessible to Eivor (the one behind the south coast rune and the one in the Well of Urdr) are still heavily glitched and have an unfinished look. This has not changed a bit since we first scouted these caves. I can't believe this is intentional and after all the attention it seems unlikely that the developers are unaware of this. I know Ubisoft hasn't had the best track record with fixing bugs in Valhalla (*cough*), but still.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

My personally opinion for the cave in Asgard (Well of Urdr) is just a placeholder for the cutscene with the puppy (Wolf Fenrir).

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Possibly, but does the game (from a development point of view) need anything more than the little platform in front of the glitched cave? In any case, they could have closed down the cave. That would take not more than a few minutes for a developer.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Yes, for sure. But we talking about Ubisoft..... Why do it on the easy way when they can do it on an most longer way^^
    But, you can be right. For me, I do not pay attention to this cave due to no reference to it and also we do not know why there is the cave....

• Shovelator
    150 posts

I agree that this feels like cheating, especialy checking the game files 🙂

I doubt any developer is checking this thread or yt videos, otherwise they could at least give some feedback of what is a bug and what is intentional. I have only seen Darby McDevitt comment on the floating doors. Nobody said anything about the cave at rune #2, at least not that i know of.

Searching for hints in game is like searching for a needle in a haystack 🙂
    It wouod be different if we found these runes in Odyssey for example, where we would know that anything norse related is most likely connected to the runes. But here everything can be connected to the runes 😄

Im more and more inclined towards the idea that the runes will be a part of a future update...

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 I browsed through Norway and didn't find anything. That doesn't mean much, because I'm a noob, but I spent quite a while going through files.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics