Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us Even more impresive that you managed to do this, then 🙂
    @Tchester1980 Yup, the best language 😛

I did a lot of 3D modelling but not so much game programming and even less modding... I don't intend to mod the game myself, because i would still rather solve this mystery the legit way.
    Maybe its a good idea to keep this thread focused on theories yes 🙂
    I probably wont have much time to do any exploring today, but tomorrow ill have more time to test all the theories i saved from this thread

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Keep it in here..... It belongs to the main topic and opening a new one will maybe bring in some new players which can be negative (for us and maybe also for you!!!)

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Without knowing why the runes still show when far away, I really don't think I can take this any further. As it sits it's just a basic tool for when you get close, so you don't walk right past it and miss it. And I'm okay with that (personally). Still a very big challenge to find these runes, and doesn't help at all with the mystery of the runes. But the legit way is the best way. Before day's end I'm going to pull the screenshot and video from this thread. I just wanted to show you guys what I had found, and that I think the rocks have the rune on them already, along with the texture. The devs put a little more effort in them than I previously thought.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us sorry, i didnt mean to discourage you, im still available if you want to discuss modding. And im perfectly fine with you leaving screenshots and the video here 🙂

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@el_t_us Walking right past them is what we are all probably doing. The challenge is BIG, I could not agree with you more. 3 more to find maybe, or even 1 might give us more direction to find the rest.

I am well impressed with what your doing and @Shovelator.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 Well I wouldn't title it anything to do with Odin's Runes. It'd be more or less private, pertaining to game files and whatnot. This thread was pure until I started throwing cheating around. I'm kinda on the fence morally if I should let anyone else have the mod if they ask for it lol. Real easy to install tho, and doesn't affect game files or save files that I'm aware of.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

You can do what you want, feel free. Keep the topic here or open a new thread....
    For me, better to check one thread instead of different ones to pic all clues or findings together.
    But this is only my personally opinion.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Oh, no, I'm not discouraged or anything. Just don't to delegitimize this amazing community thread.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

So, just came back to the original topic:

We have now found 6 runes, but we still do not know in which way they are arranged on the map in England and whether they follow

• a logical system
    • a star image / constellation
    • a Nordic sign or whatever.

In addition, we know that there are caves behind every rune, we have already found enough evidence.
    But most importantly, how do we get in there?

• Are they instanced caves?
    • Does an event have to be triggered in order to be teleport purely?
    • Will there be a 3th trunk / potion from Valka which will allow us to step into each rune cave? Space enough available on the table on the right side
    • Is there an item that can be equipped as a weapon that will open the passage (like this staff what was leaked)?
    • Or is there a special armor or armor part that has to be worn (remember the note at the seers mission in East-Anglia which describe the ritual with Moonblood and wearing the Berserker robe!!!)?

So far, we do not know how and with what item!
    Did anybody found strange items in the inventory which can be equiped?
    I have only the Thraell Torso and pants. No special weapon or anything what can help here

My problem is, that there is no potential to interact with items in the inventory. Also you have not the possibility to "dance", shroud out (not the ability I mean), talk to the rune or do something like you can normally do in a RPG game.
    That´s why I (and also everybody too) are a little bit limited with the handling process at the runes......

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

When you are given no clues in the game whatsoever you have no choice but to think outside the box, you may think of the use of mods as cheating or you can think of it as a investigative tool, I personally welcome any kind of help solving this rune mystery...I've gone over the coast of Cent and found nothing, I've also searched Lincolncire, Glowechester, Cent, ledechestercire Lincolncire and so far found nothing, I've tried to restrict searches to near water , a viewpoint and pretty much any rock formation. I'm sorry but I've found nothing!Sorry...first cup of coffee, I'm repeating myself!

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

What if I were to start a new game? mark the runes before I do anything else...and see what exactly is next to them as far as mysteries and such?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 The potential of not being able to interact with them might be because we need to find them all? 9 looks like the number we need, but we might have to find more, idk.

The more we find, the more we might be able to establish what we need to do. Like you said, constellation, a rune symbol from the stones, etc.

When we do find what we need it might send us to another point to activate them?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@duskdragon56496 Yeah I've spent many many hours doing the same. I'm grasping at straws at this point. If you or anyone else would like to try this Rune Helper mod as-is, DM me, and later tonight or this weekend I'll make a separate thread with file links and instructions. It is pretty easy to install and uninstall, just a copypasta into a new file folder in the game directory and a lite 3rd party program to inject it (Forger2).

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@vanadiumcobalt I still don't like the situation with Loki Rabbit though. He has a very similar cave that has no reason of being there. But no rune around there that I know of. He may very well be a part of the mystery.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Yes, this could be. Also the ring with the magical shiny or what the exact English wording of its description is.... could be something more as we currently think

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 I thought the ring may do something too, but I think it's an Easter Egg because its a trinket and sellable. I did a test by selling it, then going back and getting it again but it's not there, only silver. It's supposed to lead the wearer to gold, but after Loki stole it, it now causes the wearer harm and misfortune. Maybe the clue is...where did Loki (Rabbit) steal it from? In lore he stole it from a dwarf(?) shape-shifted as a fish after Loki caught him in a net. The dwarf then cursed it.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Just checked the Wikipedia about the ring. The German Wikipedia has more details instead the English page, so I tried to translate the whole text. Hopefully it is good engough:

In the Song Edda and in the Snorra Edda, the story of the ring is described almost identical, as follows: The three Assir (gods) Odin, Loki and Hönir walk across the world. When they get hungry, Loki kills an otter; they go to a farmer, Hreidmar, for night quarters and to prepare the otter. Hreidmar recognizes in the slain his son Otr (meaning "otter"), who not only bore this name, but also possessed the magical ability to transform himself into an otter, and in this form caught fish in a waterfall. Hreidmar and his two other sons, Fafnir and Reginn, demand manslaughter from the gods for Otr. The gods have no gold; Loki has to get them by catching a dwarf named Andvari, who has a great treasure and lives as a fish in the water. Loki demands the treasure from Andvari as a ransom and, as the last piece, the ring that Andvari wanted to keep in order to be able to multiply the treasure again. Andvari then curses his ring: it should bring death to two brothers and eight princes feuds (that is also: death) and be of no use to anyone. Loki passes the treasure along with the ring to Odin, who then gives Hreidmar as wergeld for his slain son Otr. Hreidmar is killed by his son Fafnir because he does not want to share the wergeld. Fafnir transforms into a dragon and lies down on the gold in order to better guard the treasure and also the ring. Reginn, Fafnir's brother, who also cheated out of his share of the gold, sees in the young Sigurd, his foster son, a chance to take the treasure from Fafnir. Sigurd actually manages to kill the dragon Fafnir and thus comes into possession of the ring, the treasure and the oegis helmet. But Reginn wants to kill Sigurd and have everything to himself. Warned by birds (by enjoying the dragon's blood, Sigurd understands the language of birds), Sigurd gets ahead of him and kills Reginn. The Snorra Edda adds that Sigurd finally passed the ring on to Brynhild as a pledge of love; he takes it back to her when he woos Brynhild in the form of Gunnar, and gives it to his wife Gudrun. In the dispute with Brynhild, the ring serves as evidence.

So, what to do with all these informations?

We have Gunnar in our settlement. I have forgotten the name of his wife.... is that Gudrun?

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

@el_t_us me too... especially the aquarius constellation (posted by missm16) is pointing to this location. i still try to translate this runestone located in piceringa...
    mbe it is the beginning and we have to do something with this rabbit. i am quite sure the grass is blocking the entrance (tried to burn it).

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@aquilagalaxy

This runestone is also in Jotenheim when you entered the map, straight to the right side in front of the first big house!
    We also have seen this stone several times in the game, do you think really it is not a copy and paste of the Devs?

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

@tchester1980 jeah, indeed it can mean nothing... but why is this stone in our settlement... this guy is only collecting roman artifacts. netherless the runes are making no sense at all to me

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics