1100 posts

@el_t_us

Thank you for your work and effort!

• Shovelator
    149 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us aww, thats a shame. It seems the low resolution texture is the hidden deeper in the files... How did you manage to make the game use your own texture btw?

Edit: I'm running out of new ideas to test, so i went back to hunting fireflies... There is a nice reddit post with all known locations which adds up to 63 fireflies! (https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/k9hfbf/the_most_comprehensive_guide_on_valhalla_fireflies/) ( However I cant find any connection between fireflies and norse mythology. Only thing that comes to mind is the "Will o the Wisp"...

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator I modded it. Basically the same as other mods for this game. I downloaded a re-skin for the Raven shield and used it as a template. Took a good minute to understand what was going on.
    In Blacksmith (England files), there are textures called
    ObjectAtlas...MainGridFakeEntity_(some number)_LOD1_Diffuse_Map...
    and
    ObjectAtlas...LongRangeGridFakeEntity_(some number)_LOD1_Diffuse_Map...
    Most of them I open are just rock and terrain textures. But there are around 4,000 files for each. I went through pretty much all other TextureMap and CompiledMip files except these. It may be hidden in there. If I can find the base rune texture then we are in business.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

So while I didn't solve this mystery, I found some info on the missing Codex Entries.

The missing faction is a file called "Rotinonhsion_Iroquonians". Probably referring to the Natives in Vinland.

The missing location is a file called "Seven_Repton".

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

I´m just ingame on the picture 2 position 🙂

undefined

There is on a small island the warrior who quit fighting and singing now, writing poems and so on.
    On this place, you also killed one member of the order (Name I do not know now, have to check in my order chapter, but I´m too lazy now)

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@duskdragon56496 Maybe blocking or parrying near the rune. It mentions playing tricks with one's eyes. It's a long shot I know, but at least we can rule it out.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us Oh, i see, thanks! Good job on the missing entries, at least we can rule that one out.

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

@the3wsuk no problem. they are using mainly younger futhark, which makes it even harder to find the right words ... then u have bindrunes and more ...

btw the last 2 words are:
    bjarg þogal : rock/mountain/cliff silent

• enno906
    19 posts

@el_t_us So we are not only searching all runes ingame, but also external. They are masterpieces in disguise 😉

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us So i went against my own rules and got into modding 😄 Did you modify both DiffuseMap_TopMip_0 and DiffuseMap_TopMip_1 files?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@enno906

For my part, I just focus on searching ingame.... That awakens the discoverer in me.
    Odin is with us or should I say: "This is the way....."

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

i was visiting the "stonehenge" in vinland ... i was going down to the river. there was the leader of the village ... the game told me to fish. after fishing 3 times a bear appears close to me, which u have to follow and kill ... the leader will go to u and u can speak again to her. now, she is standing there ...

idk, it was just unexpected and weird ...

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@aquilagalaxy Cheers! Yes, Younger Futhark is a pain.

So you think it's thugol not two words - thu gol? Could be. That's what I thought at first. Now I'm not sure.

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

@the3wsuk im not sure at all .. mbe it is

tho: yet/however
    thu: you/thou

and

gull: gold

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Yes both. I never seen 1 load, only 0. I also changed Normal and Mask0 files too, just to see. Idk what Mask0 does, but Normal adds a layer to Diffuse.

• enno906
    19 posts

@tchester1980 The discoverer in me will search all the way, even trick the developers with hacking game files 🙂 I played through the game and I want to know the secrets. And for me it is very exiting to see those diffuse and normal maps, because I like playing around with 3d blender also 😉 Win/win for me.

• enno906
    19 posts

@el_t_us a normal map is for cheating geometry to a texture. You can simply fake structure on a material, so that it looks like 3d.
    English: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping
    German: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_Mapping

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@enno906 ah makes sense, because that's what it was doing. I just made it fully transparent so no texture at all. What does Mask0 do?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator To save you some trouble..

Diffuse 0/1: 1024x1024/512x512 BC3, OffsetHex=45, DataFileOffsetHex=80
    Normal 0/1: 1024x1024/512x512 BC7, OffsetHex=44, DataFileOffsetHex=94
    Mask 0/1: 1024x1024/512x512 BC1, OffsetHex=43, DataFileOffsetHex=80

At least that's what I came up with. Also you don't have to load the game to test, just close Blacksmith and delete the temp files, load Forger2, then open Blacksmith back up and it will load the modded files.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics