Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us Oh, i see, thanks! Good job on the missing entries, at least we can rule that one out.

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

@the3wsuk no problem. they are using mainly younger futhark, which makes it even harder to find the right words ... then u have bindrunes and more ...

btw the last 2 words are:
    bjarg þogal : rock/mountain/cliff silent

• enno906
    19 posts

@el_t_us So we are not only searching all runes ingame, but also external. They are masterpieces in disguise 😉

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us So i went against my own rules and got into modding 😄 Did you modify both DiffuseMap_TopMip_0 and DiffuseMap_TopMip_1 files?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@enno906

For my part, I just focus on searching ingame.... That awakens the discoverer in me.
    Odin is with us or should I say: "This is the way....."

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

i was visiting the "stonehenge" in vinland ... i was going down to the river. there was the leader of the village ... the game told me to fish. after fishing 3 times a bear appears close to me, which u have to follow and kill ... the leader will go to u and u can speak again to her. now, she is standing there ...

idk, it was just unexpected and weird ...

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@aquilagalaxy Cheers! Yes, Younger Futhark is a pain.

So you think it's thugol not two words - thu gol? Could be. That's what I thought at first. Now I'm not sure.

• AquilaGalaxy
    29 posts

@the3wsuk im not sure at all .. mbe it is

tho: yet/however
    thu: you/thou

and

gull: gold

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Yes both. I never seen 1 load, only 0. I also changed Normal and Mask0 files too, just to see. Idk what Mask0 does, but Normal adds a layer to Diffuse.

• enno906
    19 posts

@tchester1980 The discoverer in me will search all the way, even trick the developers with hacking game files 🙂 I played through the game and I want to know the secrets. And for me it is very exiting to see those diffuse and normal maps, because I like playing around with 3d blender also 😉 Win/win for me.

• enno906
    19 posts

@el_t_us a normal map is for cheating geometry to a texture. You can simply fake structure on a material, so that it looks like 3d.
    English: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping
    German: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_Mapping

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@enno906 ah makes sense, because that's what it was doing. I just made it fully transparent so no texture at all. What does Mask0 do?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator To save you some trouble..

Diffuse 0/1: 1024x1024/512x512 BC3, OffsetHex=45, DataFileOffsetHex=80
    Normal 0/1: 1024x1024/512x512 BC7, OffsetHex=44, DataFileOffsetHex=94
    Mask 0/1: 1024x1024/512x512 BC1, OffsetHex=43, DataFileOffsetHex=80

At least that's what I came up with. Also you don't have to load the game to test, just close Blacksmith and delete the temp files, load Forger2, then open Blacksmith back up and it will load the modded files.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us Thanks! How did you come up with the Offset numbers? these are giving me the most problems...

I was looking at the longboat shield samples, which uses 3 files.Two files are TopMip0 and TopMIp1, but the 3rd file had the same name but without the TopMip part. So i was digging in blacksmith and found out another rune file (ACKEX_Decal_cave_DecalSettings), which uses the cave_rune files. Maybe you need to switch that one too?

Edit: I think switching only DiffuseMaps is enough. Normal map is not so important in this case. Mask can be anything. For example, it can represent how shiny a surface is, black color = not shiny like a wall, white color = shiny like a mirror.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Man this took me A WHILE to wrap my head around lol. But essentially, the Decal one pulls data from the Diffuse,Normal,Mask files. You can verify by modifying the .dds files and then loading the Decal in Blacksmith. (Load with Forger2 first, then re-open Blacksmith)
    I found the OffsetHex by looking at this post.
    Here's what I got so far. The Mask files I made are just jibberish, I just wanted to see if they did anything anything in-game.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator If you don't change Normal, then you can still see the rune shape, which is pretty cool.
    And if that's the case with Mask, it should be black, because the rocks are real shiny when it's raining.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

If we can get a few more heads on Blacksmith, we could split the load and go through those 4000 ObjectAtlas textures to see if the rune is there. Probably a waste of time, but...plenty of time has already been wasted lol

I also ripped all the English audio files. Eivor has to say something about this, so it's in there somewhere. But, there are 55,807 audio files lol.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us Haha, i feel you, all of this is very confusing 🙂 Thanks for all the tips, ill try it out

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Off topic, but if you haven't heard, last week NASA landed the Perseverance Rover on Mars to look for signs of ancient life! Just wanted to share. Congrats NASA! Hope they are able to find something.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@el_t_us Hahaha, now we need to build a launch pad in Ravensthorpe 🙂

I tried your mod but i changed TopMip1 to pink color. If i move around when im just close enough the rune to turn red, it sometimes switches to pink in between... so that map is definetely being used somehow 😕

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics