Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MissM16
    163 posts

So since I can't glitch into suspect maybe-caves, I looked up other locations to see if they align to any constellations.

Although the Cairn rocks we've been stacking don't align to anything as far as I can tell, something else stuck out like a sore thumb....

Cairn locations (England):

East Anglia (rune #3)
    Sciropescire (rune #5)
    Suthsexe (rune #2)
    Eurviscire (rune #6)
    Hamtunscire (rune #4)
    Ledecestrescire (had to do some mental olympics for this one but when we hover over rune #1 it says Ravensthorpe which is in Ledecestrescire so close enough?)
    Snotinghamscire
    Glowecestrescire (2 cairns)

Norway
    Vinland
    Asgard
    Jotunheim

I don’t know what to make of this. Another weird coincidence? Ubi trolling us again?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Great Job at all....

Wondering, what comes next? Is there any rune #7????
    I'm still wondering how or what needs to be done, or if anything needs to be done to the runes at all?
    Almost all runes are freely accessible, only the 5th rune is slightly raised and not freely accessible on the ground.
    Which makes me question whether a certain sequence for activating the rune is possible at all?

I still think that if you have to activate the runes in any way, you will need an item or even a hidden quest from an NPC
    I don't think we have to walk past the runes in any particular order due to the above mentioned point regarding rune #5

• MissM16
    163 posts

I don't believe this. I think I got rune #1 to react to a rock I carried to stack on top of it. The rune camouflages the rock.

I have the game paused. I'm getting this on video for you guys. Hope it's not a glitch.

I'll be back in a few.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

What? I did not get you....
    You put a rock / stone on the rune to hide the rune by itself and what exactly happened?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

I just carried a rock to a boat to try this, Put rock in boat and it vanished lol.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

I was able to catch a stone from a roman ruin with my boat but the rock will roll each time down the sloping wall surface on the rune

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 We will have to wait for @MissM16 vid

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

I think so....
    Carrying an oil barrel to the rune also function for me, shot with the bow on it, rune was on fire but nothing happens 😞

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@eL_T_US Do you mind if I put the mod on Nexus? Or if you wan't to do it yourself, you did most of the work 🙂

• MissM16
    163 posts

@tchester1980

lol You'll see my Eivor fumbling and the rock rolling off but the rock was being camouflaged by the rune even while he's holding it.

I don't have enough storage on my USB for a video so I had to shoot it old school with my phone *sigh* It's still processing on youtube now.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but here's exactly what I did:

I found a spot in Glowe that seemed to suggest I run naked through a field at night (I remember someone here saying they read that on a rune?) so I stripped Eivor, meditated until nighttime and ran to the north Carin in Glowe. I got dressed and grabbed a rock.

I placed the rock on the rune and meditated again to turn to daytime.

I hope you guys can duplicate it and it's not a glitch. I ran naked through a field for this....

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@missm16 Something is clearly happening

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@missm16 Would it be possible to fetch 2 rocks and place them in the bottom left and right corners of the rune?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

Thank you for sharing your video.
    Several questions came up:

• which field you mean in Glowe?
    • I got a rock which was smaller as your one, maybe have to find bigger one, where you exactly found this big rock?
    • Playing online or offline during that try?
    • Any sound during that?

Looks like, that the game engine recognize your stone as a part of the rune stone texture and lays the original rune texture of your rock but on a different layer!
    Could be only a bug due to game engine, but we have to double check that and reproduce it!
    Sorry for my questions, try to find out how and what is the meaning of that!
    Thanks again

• MissM16
    163 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

I think so. I'll try it tomorrow because I have to go to sleep lol

I just turned and walked away from the rune with the rock camouflaged on it and when I turned back around the rock is gone. I think the rune ate it.

I'll feed it some more rocks tomorrow. Goodnight guys!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

Good Night ..... We will check it during your eye wellness 🙂
    Thank you again

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Loool, I´m feeling like a shift worker.
    Shift one go to bed and shift 2 take over and work until shift one is already ready 🙂

Nice to see that we are a world wide community which worked together on this.
    I´m happy with that.
    Thanks to all users / players who work together to solve this mystery!

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 Do we have any rock location close by to carry?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

I only found on the roman ruin my small rock to carry. I took it with my boat monkeys and the stone didn´t disappear during transport.
    The stone you can find exactly on the spot where the roman mask is located (behind the ruin)

undefined

Well, there should be more locations to find a rock!

• MissM16
    163 posts

@tchester1980

• which field you mean in Glowe?

I'm not in the game anymore so I'll have to screenshot tomorrow if needed. It's a short walk west of Druid's Cottage (or Druid's House?) On our map, you'll see a small clearing in the trees. It's a rock that looks like ramp with some stairs (has 4 smallish standing stones going up the slope) and there's some raspberries to eat on top. It faces a field so it seemed inviting for a naked run lol

• I got a rock which was smaller as your one, maybe have to find bigger one, where you exactly found this big rock?

North Cairn location in Glowe. There's a movable big rock underneath for some treasure or something (I forgot because I already got what was there) but there's also a rock we can carry.

• Playing online or offline during that try?

• Any sound during that?

No, not at the rune. But I thought I heard weird sounds near the first 2 standing stones on the rock platform facing the field. It's what made me think to jump off naked at night and take off running xD

Ok I really need to sleep! lol Nite

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

Playing online or offline during that try?

=> Offline

Maybe that´s the point why I could / was not able to reproduce it with my stone. I´m playing online!
    My stone took not the texture on from the rune itself during running with the stone on the rune #1....

I will double ckeck it. Thank you for answering my questions.
    Sleep well

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics