Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Crush1402
    45 posts

@hroozenbeek Yea the community is great. Hate or love the games, as long as the community encourages each other that's always great 👍.

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@shovelator Much further down this thread, are a couple of posts about the rune. Actually it's a stave not a rune, and from Iceland in the middle-ages so not contemporary with the vikings. Probably Dr Crawford had no involvement with the rune/stave. It's likely called missyningarstaf (or something like that). It means literally deception of sight. Very little info about it has survived. One guy on twitter mentions it makes your enemy blind and turns him in circles. That's about it. There was text with the rune but it was handwritten, very difficult to read the words. My guess is it's where the twitter post got the 'turn in circles' translation from.

I searched online for a counter-rune, or an anti-magic rune to break the illusion. I hoped we could recreate such a rune using our weapon and armour runes. I didn't find anything.

Edit: sorry, just notices hroozenbeek beat me to it.

• irshansk
    5 posts

If we can't find the runes with a mod, maybe we should traverse all the caves in the game?

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@el_t_us I've tried getting back inside but the door won't open. Didn't Sigurd and Leyla both speak in Isu to open the door? Eivor just stood there, didn't say a word.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@the3wsuk Yeah I gotta hopefully find an old save that is near the end.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@the3wsuk Here's a source for what you're talking about.
    https://justins-galdrastafir.tumblr.com/post/158536011222/i-was-sent-here-by-fj%C3%B6rn-to-seek-some-insight-into

I tried going at night and spinning my player, spinning the camera, and both.

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@el_t_us Got you.

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@el_t_us Lol me too.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator Yeah I still can't find Halfdan either.

• MissM16
    163 posts

@tchester1980

Well the good news is tonight I loaded an earlier save (before I took off running, spun in circles, and danced naked in a field at night like a lunatic) and went straight for the magical rock. The rune still camouflaged it. The naked dancing is not needed. I mean... you can still do it if you want to with your Eivor's smile on her face. No judgement here. None.

The rock:

Boat for transport out of Glowe:

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

What about the complete north regions on the Hadrian´s wall?
    Did @eL_T_US and @Shovelator checked these regions in a bigger radius with their MOD?
    Possible to look there a little bit deeper?
    Thanks

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

Thank you for sharing the spot. Long distance to run with your rock-bro on the shoulders 🙂

• Shovelator
    149 posts

Sure, I can do some more flying around there 🙂

Only things left for me to do in game are:

• Fireflies
    • Fishing hut deliveries (the bugged ones)
    • Hidden deliveries from genera lstore owner
    • Few achievements

Thanks for the info regarding the rune @the3wsuk!

We can try and confirm there really is no rune in certain region.
    Find another rune in same region, to confirm there can be more than 1 rune per region.
    We have been avoiding cities, but what if the last 3 runes are there? Jorvik, Lunden and Winchester?
    We have 6 regions with rune and 6 regions without rune. Is there something special about the 6 regions without rune? Maybe we have to do something there?
    What if we try the same glitch that worked on Noden's bow? When you save/load and you can destory the rock? Maybe it could also work with rune rocks. However since there is nothing behind them, I would expect that we need to trigger some cinematic, during which the rune opens....

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

I would expect that we need to trigger some cinematic, during which the rune opens....

That´s what I am thinking and will be the key!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator That's the point. We can get past the rune by glitching through the wall, but there's only an empty cave. So I think that we should do it the proper way to trigger whatever we're supposed to trigger.

That said, I tried saving the game while I'm in a rune cave and then load that game. Nothing. I keep a save game with Eivor inside so I can try things out without having to glitch in again (through three layers of rock). (And there is always the south coast rune cave, of course.)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

This was an interesting read to see where Ubisoft got their ideas for some of the story elements in Asgard and Jotunheim from: "The Contest between Odin & Thor - World History Encyclopedia" https://www.ancient.eu/article/1690/the-contest-between-odin--thor/, starting with the flyting match between Thor and Havi.

I did not identify any clues we could use, however, but maybe someone does?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Me too. Nothing special found. I also read the Odin article and the nine worlds article. Also nothing found there!
    Lol, maybe we have to ask Dr. Jackson Crawford for any help 🙂

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 I did check everything North/Northwest of the Wall.

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@el_t_us For me, Halfdan is in the royal hall at Jorvik. I can't interact with him.

Did you have any luck with Yggdrasil machine?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Ok, thank you! Good to know there is nothing, right?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics