Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@neferninat

Welcome to our team. Happy to have a new refresh opinion here 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

So, lets see. Maybe they will change something.
    But if so, than we know the cave was not intended like it was 🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator From rune hunting to egg hunting, it seems. Hopefully it's not the Yule debacle all over again...

• isuwhat
    157 posts

@hroozenbeek plus lots more cats.......you honestly can't make it up

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4

Who wants these "more" cats???

• isuwhat
    157 posts

@tchester1980 as i saw on another post. Its not as if there is a thread with 100's or 1,000's of posts about wanting more cats!

could Skadi's Blade possibly be the trigger? hit the runes with the ice axe to break them? he was after all the enemy of Odin. Whole thread on not being able to claim/collect the axe here but its oddly mentioned in the patch notes:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/92646/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-how-to-get-skadi-blade-norman-axe-dane-axe/6

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4

Yes, I know. I also checked this thread and double check everything in the game without success. Possible is everything, also that we need Skadi´s blade to break thru the runes.
    Why not?
    But at this time, I think, no one except the data file miners were able to claim the blade. From that point of view it would be amazing to find out, how to get it.
    Maybe on 2nd play through or so.... I don´t know

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 Been trying again today to obtain that blade. I can make the head vanish from 2 different locations, this I can only achieve facing it, once I move it returns so trying to find a spot to hit it with the bow does nothing. If you aim the bow though you can see a change in the head, it goes lighter then darker when you draw back to actually fire the bow if that makes sense.

I double checked the vault but could not find anything. I cannot light the 2 torches either. I also noticed when the head is not in place the sun hits the back torch, I waited and still nothing.

• isuwhat
    157 posts

@vanadiumcobalt good work, maybe try again if you you still have the older save and try again after the update today?

• thegardener25
    82 posts

I read in this thread a few days ago, where someone commented on the Blue/Green Quest Marker, by the wooden statues of Thor, Odin & Tyr., about 600 metres E/NE of Ravensthorpe. As of the new update, it turns out the blank note now reads
    "Shrine to the All-Father

All -Father,
    We grant you these offerings so you may protect our travels, be they on water or on land."

But there'e no option to make an offering. I can't remember if there ever was an option to do that earlier in the game or not? Either way, it's not that interesting.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@thegardener25

Yes, can confirm, the letter is now readable... but also nothing more.
    In front of the statues there is a wooden 1h swort which you cannot interact with it.
    It's a little hard to see in the bushes

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Just to clarify:

After patch 1.2.0, Gungnir is still not interacting with the Odin´s Rune on our settlement!
    But I tried only Gungnir, wearing my special armor: 2 pieces Niflhem, 2 pieces Einherjar & 1 piece Hudoluloluuuuuu Torso <--- I can recommend this "special Set" for max DMG 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

So, they change the Suthsexe cave under the Rune with the patch 1.2.0:

After jumping into the cave, you can no longer look straight ahead, you can only climb straight up. So they changed this hole.
    At the top of the cave they have also closed the gaps and you can no longer climb under the map.
    Furthermore, I have the feeling that they have changed the textures in the rune as well.
    So it seems to be wanted from the devs that you get into the cave without a glitch.

in picture 1,2 & 3 you can see, there is no longer broken textures on the edges...

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@tchester1980 At the risk of overstating the obvious, this puts an end to one mystery. Ubi closed off the ability to glitch underneath the map which means they spent some time with the caves behind the runes...but they did not close off the caves which means the caves have a purpose. I know we speculated that the caves had a purpose, but now we have proof that they have a function.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

Ok, so what does this tell us?
    I would think that from developers point of view, the purpose of the suthsexe would be: "Hey people, check this out, there is a rune on the wall and behind it there is a secret cave!"
    Which should signal to the player, that everytime you see such a rune, you can expect a cave behind it.

But that's it 😕 There are no clues around the cave. The cave is not made to look like it had some treasure inside and it has been emptied.
    I havent played since update, but you all know how heavily unfinished this cave was before the update...

I'll be looking around the Suthsexe area a bit... If the purpose of the cave is to show players something, then there has to be some clue around it 😛

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@supergamer7829 & @Shovelator

Yes, I confirm both of you. Both are absolutely right and there should be something which lead us to the cave or a clue maybe

• Shovelator
    149 posts

Hm,, my game crashed twice now when going towards the rune... Might be the mod fault, veryfing game files now.. you having the same issues @eL_T_US ?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

Oh, so. I´m not alone. Since patch my game crashed 4 times.... Now I switched to windowed mode without frames and looks like stable.

• Outlander1982
    117 posts

game crashed one time for me and did not since restarting my pc,I had major stuttering after the patch,now it's seem ok,cave of suthsex effectively been worked on,be carefull to not glitch into the wall like I did while going back outside,I though I had to close the game it took a very long time before eivor desynchronized.

• isuwhat
    157 posts

im on PS4 and it crashed twice in an hour after the update, 1 of those was just walking around Ravensthorpe

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics