Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Just wait on that position and do not move, I will come to take out the axe 🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, we make a lot of progress.

I haven't even noticed the abundance of cats in the game now. Maybe the cats are eating the fish we can't get?

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@hroozenbeek did the axe disappear before as well as the head? Axe is still there for me when the head 'disappears' for me today too

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

No, you need the golden cat from Asgard to catch all the other new cats in the settlement....
    And as it really belongs to us Vikings, we have to discard these captured new cats as sacrifices to the Odin's runes in order to gain access to the caves. There are random boxes in the caves. The two missing fish are then to be looted at 2 random spots

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@isuwhat Before today, I could only make the left part of the head disappear on the right edge of my screen, so the axe was not visible. But I suppose it was there. There are some earlier screenshots in this thread somewhere...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Did you read, that the empty note in this letter next to our settlement is now fixed and you can read now a message to Odin - the allfather?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, I read that. They fixed that...

No invisible ink after all...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

but still meaningless.....

• MichalDK...
    143 posts

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@hroozenbeek I must have missed this theory... whats up with the disappearing head? Is this from the final jotunheim world event? Is that the missing Ice axe in the middle (was it called Skadi's axe or something)?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator Whether or not the axe in Jotunheim is indeed Skadi's Blade, we don't know. But it's the closest thing we've encountered in the game. The 'head' is surrounded with all these Jotunheim magic sparkles, and when you stand in the right spot, you can make the head disappear by slowly turning your view, as you can see on the screenshots I posted. So maybe we have the same kind of magic here as elsewhere in Jotunheim - if we approach the area in the right way or do the right thing, the head will not be there and we can pick up the axe.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

id say it's the same axe as per this vid:

• warcaptain
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • nash_trickster
    44 posts

It's been a while since I was last here, real life caught up with me so I could no longer spend hours chasing wild geese... And I don't have the time to read every single post since I was last here to check if what I'm about to say is already known or not, so please bear with me...

I finally had some free time today and decided to look into an idea I had a while ago: to check the cliffs between Hadrian's wall and the actual world border for either another Odin Rune (if I was a devious game designer, I'd definitely hide the "key" one there) or maybe the "goat cave" mentionned in the Cartographer's notes... I got no luck on either so far, but the area to cover is much bigger than I realized, so I may have missed something. (Only sharing this part so as to maybe motivate others into giving it a try.)

However, as I was too tired to continue after spending hours looking at rocks, since I was near Fort Magnis and since I never spent mmuch time there, I went to look it up and found something interesting...

In the Northern part of the fort, there is one of the ropes you can slide along. From the bottom of this rope, if you look directly to the south-west you'll see a huge red double door (well, there's a tree in the way if you're really at the bottom of the rope so you'll have to move a bit to see it)... If you use Odin's Sight close enough to it, you'll see 2 red glows like the ones for barred doors. But if you go on the other side, it's just a brick wall (though the glows are still visible using Odin's Sight)... And after going in wider and wider circles around the doors, I failed to find any way to gain access (or get a line of sight on to allow me to shoot an arrow).

So 2 questions: does anyone know if this door has been noticed before? And if yes, did anyone ever manage to get access?

(Sorry I can't share pictures of the area)

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@hroozenbeek I would be extremely surprise if we can get the axe in that spot,we are not technically there,maybe there are something to do there to find the axe in the ''real'' world.

the place that I found suspicious is in snotingehamscire,in a cave that i forgot the name,it's near skadi den and the sleeping jothun,the wall of the cave look very similar to the purple stuff where the axe is struck in jothunheim.

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@nash_trickster I don't remember off the top of my head what the deal with this door is. My theory is maybe it's a gate we had to smash through when the Fort was raided. I'm headed there in a bit and will check it out and report back.

Also, I looked everywhere for the goat cave and all I can come up with is one of the caves in the north where we get a tablet, there is a rope hanging from a ledge that allows us to continue through the cavern. Nothing special...I would love to believe that the goat cave is still out there somewhere.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

Checked this door at the Fort Magnis, also found these 2 red glowing blocked things, but nothing more to find.
    I don´t know what the purpose is of that, but looks for me a death end because during the raid, you will not open it or comes along this to interact with.

I don´t know

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

Well, the red glows could indeed be merely a leftover. However, it'll keep bothering me until I know we got to see there's nothing on the other side...

There used to be brute force ways to unlock barred doors, is there one still active after the patches? (I tried those I knew about, explosive arrows and Dive of the Valkyries without results)
    Or could anyone who knows how to get the camera to glitch through the door check if there's something behind it?

If there's nothing, then gaining this confirmation through a glitch does not bother me. And if there's something there, we could always search for the legit way to access the area afterwards.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 I can confirm that the rune texture is different than before the the update. Went to the first rune, in our settlement, and the texture was very detailed, but put across a very bulky and bumpy terrain. It wasnt as right and smooth as it was before.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

correct, same I also realized

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics