Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@isuwhat I'm sure lockdown has an impact, but that doesn't explain the world of difference between two Ubisoft studios, not only at launch time, but also with later updates.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@isuwhat

I'm really sorry for this manager, he'll have a hard time asserting himself now

undefined

• azullFR
    495 posts

@tchester1980
    If I remember well both Origin's and Odyssey had some (much less) bugs at launch, but they were patched (1 patch/month too)
    Game-breaking bugs were patched in priority...
    About 3 or 4 months after launch Odyssey had some (few) mission bugs, 6 months after nearly everything was OK
    For older AC I can't tell as I took them far late after launch
    This is the first Ubi Game I see with a such amount of bugs and a such weird politic in patches (at least seem's they stopped, paused adding armor and weapon sets)
    (Used Ubi Games = FAR CRY: Primal, 3, 4, 5, New-Dawn / AC: III, IV (Black Flag), Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla)
    There are things that are better than in other AC but the numerous bugs are wasting everything...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

But it's like in real life, money rules the world and nobody takes it offense, the main thing is that the goals are right and the "CAP" is achieved.
    I can sing songs about it and I know how some managers act.
    For counting only the quarterly figures and the investments, everything else like quality unfortunately falls a bit behind

From Ubisoft point of view, they received your money from buying their game.... so what else now?
    Earning money with MTX and try to keep player playing this game to increase their earning machine concept

• azullFR
    495 posts

@tchester1980
    Yep it's all about what I call "QuickMoney" (to stay polite)
    I'm pretty sure that in long-term view it won't keep it's place... I really hope...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

In order to stay neutral and not want anything bad, I hope that Ubisoft learns from all the mistakes and gives the community the game they promised in the beginning.
    We all know how tough the world can be, all of which can have an impact. Covid-19, for example, certainly has a great influence and many developers are also in the home office like me.
    The circumstances are then just different and it is sometimes really difficult to use all the systems you need for.

We also all know the way management thinks: A product has a launch date (we call it: SORP) and it should be ready by then.
    In my business I shouldn't allow myself to make mistakes like this, because a person's life depends on them.
    For this reason we have a real quality manager on each production site who also observes and approves something like that.

Even if I work in a completely different business, the basic idea and the launch of products is usually the same everywhere around the world and I am a bit disappointed with how my invested money is used.

Long text I know, but I hope Ubisoft learns from all of this and takes the path of Origin or Odyssey again.
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the developers who have really developed a great game under the given circumstances of Covid-19

Coming to the end now and coming back to our main topic here in this thread:

• I see, we have currently no further ideas and clues regarding the Odin´s runes...
    • The Skadi´s blade is confirmed for not being in the game currently by Ubisoft
    • Staying / sitting in front of the rune #1 (Settlement) and rune #2 (Suthsexe rune) for long in game time has no effect (tested with real time duration ~ 2h)
    • If all activities we tried in the past were buggy due to lag of missing implementation of some missing script, we should double check again (wearing different clothes and so on)
    • Textures quality of the runes looks like a little bit better for me as before the patch 1.2.0
    • I have still the opinion, that we need a ISU or ISU-like weapon to use infront of the runes, but not by hitting the runes with the weapon
    • If there should be an interaction with the runes or interacting possibility, a "press X button to interact" should be there.... So, from that point of view, maybe I will be wrong because there is nothing there currently

So, please put in your thoughts or additional findings to progress here a little bit

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 I still have nothing to report. Been at the Southern rune for the last day as I think that has to be the starting point?

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

but why even bother with the festival, most likely in a few months time we will get another godly reward called 2.0 with all the items for free from this event.
    Every game does this. First they announce exclusive content coming to the game, to gather ppls attentions, everyone will put time and effort in it.

Then a few months later they announce something so that ppl who didnt had the time for the exclusive event still can get all the items anyway. Making your efforts totally worthless.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

I´ve never seen that other game studios did that also....
    For example, my colleagues playing a highly popular third person shooter.
    So, they are sadly of that they have not started since Season 1 due to the skins you can achieved there.
    For that game, you have no luck to get any of the old skins or event items. So, that´s political and correct in my opinion.

But it is absolutely unfair from a game studio, releasing stuff as a such called "Godly present" to all people coming from an older festival which a lot of people work hard on the quests to earn the ingame items via tockens farming.
    This is rubbish and an absolute mess

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@tchester1980

They did the exact same thing in Odyssey, the weekly rewards were labeled as exclusive and then at the end of odyssey they just recycled the once exclusive rewards back into the game.

Diablo3 has done this as well. They started the 1st season with exclusive transmog rewards, but now 22 season later they have just repeated that transmog armor every season.
    Also some rewards (pets, profile rings and wings) have returned in later season as well.

There other games of which i cant remeber the names that did this as well.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

I think, this topic is not connected to this thread and it should be better to open a new topic to discuss that there.
    I would now warmly welcome it if we stick to the topic and I do not want to exclude myself from this, as I have led to this topic

• azullFR
    495 posts

@tchester1980

Textures quality of the runes looks like a little bit better for me as before the patch 1.2.0

Rune #1 : for me too (PS4 pro)

Staying / sitting in front of the rune #1 (Settlement) and rune #2 (Suthsexe rune) for long in game time has no effect (tested with real time duration ~ 2h)

Did these tests Before Patch 1.2.0 at Rune #1 =
    Standing from a little before sunset to the 2nd morning [ in-game days;) ]
    Standing from midday to next midday ... on the horse :))
    Standing and tried to synchronize the moment your raven arrives on your shoulder with :

1. When the moon is nearly lightning the rune
    2. When the sun is nearly lightning the rune
    3. When sun and moon are nearly both in the sky

.. Nothing :)))

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@tchester1980 When I played battlefield 4 (EA) you could unlock a bow,it was a real pain in the butt to acquire the way that it was intended and you had to buy the premium pack to have access to the missions,month later they release a free map and you could pick up the bow on the said map,people where not to happy about it,way worse than what ubi just done.

That said I wasted many hours trying to find the skadi axe,well I will just wait for the dlc now.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@azullfr Done what you have done.

Waited in the cave 2 days.
    Used Odin's sight till it stopped working. (can replicate @Tchester1980 glitch)
    played dead in the cave 2 days.(rains in the Cave too)
    Hit the walls of the cave constantly 1 day
    Hid from the rune 1 day
    Blacked out the rune waited 1 day. (killed a bird on the rune)
    List goes on and on and nowt.

• isuwhat
    176 posts

what has been confirmed by Ubisoft to actually be true regarding the runes? I know Darby replied to a tweet saying 'you have indeed found something' but has there been anymore?

i saw a youtube description a while ago that said Ubisoft dev's had confirmed the trigger has been in game since launch but i haven't seen that anywhere else? For me, its getting to a point where it feels like the trigger isn't currently in game or if it is the clue we need hasn't been found, which also feels odd as so many people are looking and playing

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@isuwhat

So far as I remember, there was only this one Twitter post with that correct sentence as you mentioned.
    I have nothing more found / realized or read.

So, if you can maybe remember which youtube clip or description it was, maybe we can all have a focus on that to check everything what is written / said or in the clip.
    Could it be possible that you can check your youtube history to find that specific clip?
    This would be our "newest" clue which can maybe help.

I've always believed that there is a trigger, or something that is needed, to trigger the runes. But so far our search has never yielded anything and now you've found something that might help us all.

• isuwhat
    176 posts

@tchester1980 i don't keep any history of my internet history unfortunately, i am 99% sure it was a Blakwoodz video though. Just looked and he posts a lot of videos! will try and find it though

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@isuwhat

Many thanks to that. I will also double check this content creator, I know the clips of him also....
    Thank you

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

I think, the solution could be found somewhere in one of the following recommended Norse myths:

undefined

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

I tested today several things without any success, only for illustration here are some pics:

One daughter of Lerion
    undefined

Two daughters of Lerion
    undefined

Three daughters of Lerion
    undefined

Trigger some blood on the rune and blacked them out
    undefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics