Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • isuwhat
    176 posts

@tchester1980 this is the closest i could find, not sure if its the one i remember:

in reply to one of the comments Dark Strider says 'It literally means “Odin’s Illusionary Rune” and the devs themselves are claiming that it’s part of a secret that we can uncover.'

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@isuwhat

Read it but whether Dark Strider knows more than we do is questionable.
    I think he answered it more uniformly and very generously. Since I am not aware of any reaction from the developers, we do not know whether we are really dealing with a secret here. Also Darby McDevitt only confirmed that Jayvee did indeed found something, that sounds exactly like, yes there is something on the wall ... but no one confirms that this is a riddle or a mystery to be solved to get anything on the end

• isuwhat
    176 posts

@tchester1980 this is my first Ubisoft game but i can't imagine dev's would be saying much at anytime?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@isuwhat

You´ve right. They are not allowed to say something 🙂
    But, I hope, there is something on this all and we are on a good way to solve it

• isuwhat
    176 posts

@tchester1980 for me, Ubisoft are trying to re-create the hype that gta did with the mount chiliad mystery, which is probably one of the best mysteries in gaming history but wasn't that solved only from a dlc? Wouldn't surprise me if all of this is somehow linked or trigged via 1 of the dlc's. If not, then its all been dealt with badly from Ubisoft as the clues etc are just not in game or if they are they are too obscure.

the way access the animus dug into noodens ark and solved that was incredible and they mentioned these runes in a recent video. If they can't solve it then who can

• MissM16
    163 posts

@tchester1980

re: "earthquakes"
    I don't think I did anything to cause the shakes. they just happen on their own at those 2 synch points. The other synch points are normal. I am uploading a video of the shakes and normal ones for comparison I'll have it ready in a bit.

re: dragon bones
    Yeah those oil jars seem very excessive for three guards digging in the dirt lol So I blew them up in different areas on the site and 3 spots create soot which causes a billowing of continuous smoke. The smoke doesn't die out and can be seen from far away...

I'm not in the game anymore so I haven't tried standing there to see if a "smoke dragon" appears or standing near the Suthsexe rune. I'll try it later tonight or tomorrow if you guys don't get a chance.

It reminds me of the "smoke Odin" (or whoever that creepy figure is) that appears when the conditions are just right...

• MissM16
    163 posts

@maguro-ru

I'm so happy you can see it! : D

We don't need to glitch in. There's a real cave (a very expansive one) there. The entrance is in the right alcove.

If it's not a glitch and this symbol is there on purpose, we might have to look for Isu runes now lol *sigh*

• isuwhat
    176 posts

@missm16 what did i miss! how do you get that smoke figure?! and who is it?

• MissM16
    163 posts

@isuwhat

I don't know who he is : /

To see him...

You have to visit the spot when two NPCs from the mystery nearby respawn (they come back and light the figure's pyre and they just sit there talking)

Just walk around the area and the smoke figure appears. He "follows" Eivor with his gaze and spins around watching him. If you get too close he dissipates. Also, you cannot see him if Eivor lights the fire or when the pyre is unlit. Keep an eye on the area until you see the 2 NPCs there with the figure's fire lit.

• isuwhat
    176 posts

@missm16 wow very cool, i live in real life Sussex and nothing like that ever happens! ha ha

• MissM16
    163 posts

@isuwhat

lmao!

We have to draw the line at standing all day on rocks and starting fires in real life xD

• MissM16
    163 posts

@tchester1980

Sorry for my potato PS4 loading time

@3:25 are some normal synch points without shakes

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

Probably already mentioned before, but why do you hear a sound coming from the rune while you are drunk and it is night?

I had it with te festival while I travelled drunk to the rune near Ravensthorp previous time and could redo it now and it still does it?

I recorded it this time:

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@b00msie it's not the rune,it's the metal deposit that make this sound,you can hear it anytime.

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@outlander1982

lol, must have been drunk myself 🤪

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, I think this remark is connected with that world event. This is just one of the many instances where we get leftovers from previous quests or events in the game.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@isuwhat

So my friend, due to the fact that we have a real Sussex player here on the game, we can directly ask you some multible questions 🙂
    Do you know from historical point of view, why Ubisoft used this snake figure in Cent? Do have some sagas at home? Do you know, that there was something which Ubisoft could use and interpret as a snake figure?

undefined

If I remember right, there we no snake figure found in Cent only this Hulk (Suthsexe) and this small house dragon (Hamtunscire).

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@outlander1982

Rechecked it and the metal deposit was already gone, normally the sound is not there anymore and with surround sound on I feel it comes from the rune

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@b00msie I don't know wich platform you play on but wearing headphone make you hear quite a few sound that you don't hear otherwise,like in ac2 I can find the feathers quite easily with headphone,they make a sound that you can hear while behind another building,you won't be able to do that on a couch with a tv.

You can hear the metal deposit even if you collected the iron.

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@outlander1982

I use a surround system or wear dolby atmos headphones, but this does not work well with valhalla, so it is difficult to point where sounds come from. In dolby Atmos supported games this is very clear.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics