Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• fiinix00
    15 posts

Behind the door in Myrddin's Cave, just a unfinished room with nothing in it, connected with the exit door on the other side (just swim under water)

undefined

undefined

• isuwhat
    184 posts

@fiinix00 what is that symbol on the door (1st pic)? is that Isu?

• fiinix00
    15 posts

@isuwhat

Well its an isu door, so i would say so.
    Altho i believe it's just a design ubisoft went with, nothing secretive about it

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@fiinix00

I think yes.... Looks like a normal symbol or sign, but I´m not sure if it is ISU or just a texture....

• MissM16
    163 posts

@thesmio

Yeah I also see the pattern and it's indeed pretty close but unfortunately I don't think it's intended : / Eivor's grave tags are numbered and lettered suggesting we view the image a certain way (right side up from left to right). Flipping it upside down and mirroring it, makes it into something else that's not intended imo.

But I don't know for sure of course as my own theory and speculations regarding the runes are pretty much "out there" as well lol

I'm almost convinced Ubi used the Aquarius constellation for the Odin's rune mystery (with the release of Valhalla), to mark our entry into the new Age of Aquarius (we've been in the Age of Pisces for the past 2150+ years).

So yeah, my Aquarius constellation theory is just as convoluted as the tags xD

• MissM16
    163 posts

@fiinix00

Thanks for checking 😊

Hmm.. maybe those circles are there for decoration only and we won't get to interact with them : / They looked similar to the pods we stood on to upgrade Leonidas' spear in Odyssey to me.

• MissM16
    163 posts

I've been on a statue kick lately and although I've wondered about these particular statues before, I ignored them and just thought my assumptions were wrong. After finding another one though, I revisited my earlier suspicions and I'm wondering what you guys think...

Barring historical inaccuracies on Ubi's part, my lack of statue knowledge, and Roman architecture being similar, do these look Greek or Roman? Maybe it's because of the Corinthian looking helms but they look Greek to me, not Roman...

Which brought me to the Clausentum Bandit Hideout in Hamtunscire. The questionable warrior statue is there as well (a big one and a small one), but so is the Discus Thrower...

After some Googling I did find out the Romans copied the Discus Thrower and made their own statue but the original is 100% Greek. No one even associates it with the Romans because it's so famously Greek.

So if this is not one of many Ubi's historical inaccuracies and it's intended to be there, in an old Roman ruins site, the question is... why? What's it doing there?

Seems very sus to me....

• MissM16
    163 posts

Oof. I didn't even notice them until now but it looks like we have these original "Roman" works of art in our settlement as well...

Octavian even chisels away at the warrior one (he takes turns working on it and a Jorm runestone)

I just find it odd. I read the Romans copied and recreated some Greek sculptures for posterity's sake I suppose, but they had their own original sculptures Ubi could have showcased. Did they butcher the Roman culture as well as the Norse Vikings with inaccurate weapons and glow-in-the-dark armor? Or is this Greek reference intentional?

I'm thinking far ahead now and speculating that maybe Bran's Isu mask (I still think that's what we need to activate the runes) is Greek and not Roman. If so, then that will be a cool way to tie Valhalla to Odyssey bringing this trilogy full circle.

But alas, this too, remains to be seen.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

Unfortunately I am really a noob when it comes to Roman or Greek history.
    I have very little knowledge about it. But I myself have also noticed these statues and especially these angel statues with this ring, which seem to point somewhere, certainly have a meaning I think

• MissM16
    163 posts

@tchester1980

Same. I know little to nothing about them as well. Plus they were so similar in architecture, sculptures, armor, etc it's hard to distinguish between the two. Having said that, Ubi employs experts who know the difference unlike us noobs lol

The winged statue is Nike (to the Greeks) and Victoria (to the Romans). That one could go either way : /

• azullFR
    565 posts

@missm16
    hi all !
    (approximaite english, sorry)
    These statues (with the helmets) are greek, more exactely they represents spartan hoplites
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoplite
    (There was some of them in AC-Odyssey too)
    Have a nice day all

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

undefined
    Guys please stop looking for a clue, now months later Ubisost said there is something, but it cannot be solved just yet by design.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@fiinix00 Thank you so much for checking!

@MissM16 It happens I am a History of Art student, and I can answer your questions (and anyone's questions if you guys have any!) about the Greek/Roman art. The idea is that the Greeks would create statues mainly in bronze, gold and even ivory. After 300 AD, when christianity was declared an official and legal religion by the Roman authorities, and especially after this religion became the sole religion of the Roman Empire (good to know that the Greeks were a Roman colony when that happened), the local priests and archbishop (and even the Roman kings) wanted to destroy all the 'pagan' heritage. Thus, greek, syrian, egyptian statues, temples, idols, traditions, etc., were destroyed. Even ancient books were destroyed!

Though, not all Romans would back this decision, and in some places they would copy in stone the original greek statues, because it was this thing 'Greece is the birthplace of the Occident', even Constantine the Great was a big fan of 'pagan' heritage. It was after his death in fact when the archbishop and his successors would turn crazy and want to destroy everything (they mainly believed that demons were inhabiting the statues, but it was also to destroy them in order to melt them to make more money), but again, not all the Romans would agree with this decision.

The idea is, we know Greek Art through the Roman copies. Pure Roman art is hard to find, their art is more of a Greek art reinterpreted. Even the first official christians copied the Roman Temple for their basilicas, and the Roman Temple style was taken after the Greek Temple style xD

Sorry for the long message! Hope this helps! 🙂

• MissM16
    163 posts

@azullfr

Good find! Thank you 😊

Even a statue noob extraordinaire such as myself recognized them as Greek xD

I did some Googling and they could have easily copy and pasted an original Roman Gladiator statue (for example) all over our map instead of a recreated Spartan Hoplite. Could have done the same with another Roman piece instead of the recreated Discus Thrower.

So it makes me suspicious of it being intentional in places these Greek ones appear. I haven't revisited all the Roman ruins sites yet, but if I remember correctly, most of them only have Roman sculptures.

• MissM16
    163 posts

@verendrye

Oh thank goodness for you! 😀

I did read the Romans recreated Greek sculptures, just had no idea why. The story behind it is bittersweet though. Kind of sad : (

What do you think about Ubi not using original Roman sculptures though?

Even I found a few original Roman ones in my Google studies xD I read they made Augustus from Prima Porta, Fonseca Bust and Equestrian Marcus Aurelius just to name a few. So they exist... Ubi just didn't use them : /

• MissM16
    163 posts

@asgardian02

I cannot speak for everyone here but personally I like to keep looking for clues. When this mystery is ready to be solved, I don't want to waste entire game days and nights throwing rocks and dead bodies at the runes when I should be dancing naked and feeding a cat instead. Know what I mean? : /

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@missm16

Sure but its pointless as possible clues to actually solve it are missing from the game as i pointed out with that screenshot.

• azullFR
    565 posts

@missm16
    Maybe it's only a kind of easter egg about AC-Odyssey...
    I really don't know...

• MissM16
    163 posts

@Asgardian02

Fair enough. I'll grant you the latter part of your point and regrettably I agree : / We're still missing some non-mysterious fish as well...

Personally, I don't find this venture pointless though. Cannot solve this mystery yet but I'm learning about Norse culture, runes/symbols, and now ancient Roman and Greek art.

I can read the sky and wouldn't get lost in the woods at night without this game and Odin's rune mystery, but I'm now learning about subjects I never bothered looking into before.

• MissM16
    163 posts

@azullfr

True. It may be nothing more than that : /

Still gonna keep my eye on those sus Roman ruins that reference Greek sculptures just in case lol

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics