Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Shovelator
    149 posts

I remember someone saying how the lines between runes are paralel, so i drew a line over runes 4 and 5, copied it over 1 and 2 and it was a close fit.
    So i did the same for rune 3 and the end of the line pointed to a spot in suthsexe. The spot was south of Anderitum hideout (ruins with underground complex) and west of Seven sisters (port nearby).

undefined

I scoured the area, however i din not find anything... Not even a cryptic letter. There is plenty of rocks there though.
    I went to visit all the current known runes just to check it out and they are already hard to find, even knowing their aproximate location.

Also went to the southernmost cave. That place is definetely unfinished... managed to glitch myself under the map pretty easy....

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 It's frustrating.... I keep thinking that there must be a clue that we have overlooked, or not used to its full extent.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

Great job, thank you

• AN0L1
    5 posts

@shovelator
    I'm the one who mentioned it.
    Tried it but found nothing 😞
    I don't have a clue to where to even look

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator Yes, I used the same method earlier and also checked out that location. It's easy to overlook something, however, especially when the light is not optimal.

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@an0l1 Ah, kudos to you then 🙂

@Tchester1980 Yea, there was fog when i was looking for it 😛

These straight lines got me thinking of the Greenwich meridian, however i cant find a good map with meridians drawn over england.
    undefined

At this point, i might be overthinking 😄

Also, even if the 6th rune is there, i dont see how this can help.... Paralels never meet so its not like they are going to point to something

The 5 runes = 5 armor pieces is starting to sound more reasonable solution

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator I don't know what to make of that cave behind the south coast rune. And it's not the only cave that's unfinished. The cave behind one of the statues in the Well of Urdr (Asgard) is even more glitched. But the entrance looks well designed, so there must be something to it. Maybe a planned location for treasure that the developers have abandoned.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator At this point, there is no overthinking or underthinking...

• Shovelator
    149 posts

@hroozenbeek Yup, that cave definetly looks like it was designed for something...

I am also looking at the ingame codex for clues, but so far havent found anything. This might be unrelated, but i have 22/23 locations 71/72 people and 9/10 factions and i allready compeleted the game...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@ALL people here:

Wow, you all made a great job!
    Jayvee mentioned us in his comment and our huge work here in this Forum!
    It is a pleasure to work with you on the puzzle!
    Great Team
    Thank you

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Has anyone tried using the raven skins Muninn ("memory"/"mind") or Huginn ("thought")? Those are Odin's ravens from the lore. Maybe they can see things differently. Doubt it, but we're in too deep now to turn a blind eye to anything lol

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

As for the caves apparently being incomplete, perhaps that is intentional, and an illusion will complete the design. Like in Jotunheim. Also, has anyone else felt that the Cursed Symbols are a little lackluster? No real challenge except a few that you had to climb. No threats other than some gas. No real rewards other than some spare change on the dead bodies. It always bothered me too that those areas have the same skulls-on-sticks that make the illusions in Jotunheim when you walk between them.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Not for me, I only tested a lot of different tattoos, armor sets, interaction and so on. But didn´t change the raven skin. Good idea maybe

• thegardener25
    84 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@el_t_us The Jotunheim illusions are, in my view, very different from the incomplete state of the caves. The illusions are very well designed. The caves, however, are not just empty but half-finished by the developers.

• AcapolcoGold420
    1 posts

Hello all!! I have a theory that might help. I've done research into how the rune is used, and found A LOT of involvement with berserkers. Has anyone looked at it from this angle yet?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@acapolcogold420 That's a good suggestion, but yes, we already experimented with this!

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Muninn

• A mythical raven branded with Odin's mark. It may or may not whisper secrets.

Huginn

• A raven of legend that supposedly sees all and reports its discoveries back to Odin.
  • eL_T_US
    232 posts

Muninn came with the Collectors Edition I think.

Also, the runes on their feathers look like pieces of the Illusionary Rune. Closest resemblance I've seen yet, and I've looked over lots of runes in these past few days.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Maybe for those that tried the Berserker set, try equipping the raven too, and ride the wolf. Equip everything that came with that set pack. I would but I don't own it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics