Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I have had the same feeling since I first read that page of the saga. But where to look for the 'shimmering creek'?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek according to google, there's a place called Goldness near Worcester, so higher up then Gloucester. Hard to tell if any of this is based on anything though or just completely made up.
    The cave where the Gloucester antagonist is has a symbol of Yggdrasil in it as well as two burning straw men, I guess both of which could be considered golden, but I feel fantasy is running amok haha.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I will look into that later! Good stuff!

The meaning of the Rigsogur-saga was never clear to me, but (after reading a Reddit-post about it) I reread the entire saga in the right order, and many things do indeed make sense. Rig was another Isu-reincarnated (a son of Odin, apparently), who had visions of his past life just as Sigurd has. Moreover, he travelled to Constantinople where he was supposed to find his arch-enemy, many years before Sigurd met Basim there. I do feel a bit stupid for not having realized this earlier, but it only makes sense when you know the Isu-story behind everything.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek the only progress, or lack thereof, I've made is that pond with the waterfall where we go with Tewdwr as there's a tree, a statue with a bird that's obviously not Odin but that saint, no cross, but a skull in a hollow behind the waterfall and some apparently meaningless etchings on the wall xD

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Yes, I revisited that place too yesterday. I wondered about the etchings, but haven't really researched it.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang According to the Rigsogur, Goldness was later called Goldborough. I think we should look at Goldsborough in North Yorkshire, not far from Whitby Abbey as suggested by the Rigsogur. The location of Whitby Abbey itself is on the coast just north of Scarborough (which is in the game); Goldsborough itself lies west of York (Jorvik).

From Wikipedia: "A Viking hoard was discovered in Goldsborough Village in 1859 during construction outside the north wall of Goldsborough Church. Coins and artefacts dating from 700 to 1050 were found in a leaden chest including fragments of Viking brooches and arm rings, together with 39 coins. It forms one of the largest collections ever discovered in the UK."

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek I looked there yesterday, following the Whitby lead, but didn't find anything, which doesn't mean there's nothing there ofc.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

I think Ubisoft has people chasing their tales...yes, that was intentional. Ubisofts contention that there are still mysteries in the game, to me is laughable...why you ask? Very simple, how many dozens of bugs are within this game,Ragnors blade is bugged for crying out loud,one of ubis own people who worked on the game didn't even realize the drengr arc was bugged. I for one am not going to search an area the size of Valhalla without Ubisoft at least confirming there is something to find,and that that something isn't bugged.My times a little more valuable then going for wild goose chases in a video game that's going to take endless hours at least to try and find, and Ubisoft should have the same respect for a players time.Though I realize it's very tempting to chase a mystery with a possible reward, best of luck to those willing to try!

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Coming out of the Animus, I went outside to the right and up the steps is a view, it actually says focus, to the right of that there is a stone with an interact on it, when you hit interact Layla says"Eivor carved these runes" One of the runes, looks like the Odins rune people have found, if you can translate what the set of runes means, it may be a clue, it may not be.I didn't see anyone mention this yet but maybe something to investigate.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

Can you please upload a screenshot of these rune? I´m checking it but I cannot see any of these
    Thank you

Edit: Found it, thank you for the hint. Must check the language now^^

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

undefined

If someone speaks this language or have an idea how to translate, please let me know!
    Thank you

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

So, there were some one who found an additional 4th rune and posted it on YT comments.

I doublechecked it and yes, there is the 4th Odin´s rune.
    Description:

In Hamtunscir, near Uffentun. It is ~150m straight away from the south main entrance of the uffentun camp. The Rune is between the rock formation.

Attached some screenshots:
    undefined

undefined

So, now more and more will come. We do not have any in north direction. So keeps your eyes up 🙂

BTW: My female Eivor looks nice, or? With my 2 + 2 armor special set and Karolinger chest just for the look (This set is an absolutely war machine with all weapons)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Nice! And I mean both the 4th rune and your Eivor. 🙂

• usafirefly7
    16 posts

@asgardian02 I like this light bow and it's the final light bow I will use

• Acedyn22
    188 posts

@tchester1980
    Found a video on YT.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

the translation means: camouflage/deception

Mayve yoiu could shows us on the map where this interaction is?

• Asgardian02

walking over the odins rune in east angelias location makes a sound. something similar to how a trumpet sounds.

Any1 knows what that means?

• Asgardian02

@tchester1980

inwhich region is the 4th rune?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 See the post with the pictures earlier. It's in Hamtunscire, just south of Uffentune.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

maybe an idea to see if walking or climbing over those runes also produce a sound and see if that might give a hint to furter unravel this?

would like to know the location if what duskdragon is refering too of the animus with which he can interact

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics