Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye See you!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye Maybe the runes are simply connected with the larger issue of Eivor's grave: Why is Eivor buried in America at all? The story prescribes that Eivor returns to England after killing Gorm and becomes the jarl of Ravensthorpe. There is nothing in the Viking-age storyline that suggests that she returns to Vinland, but yet she must have, because she's buried there. So we all hope that Ubisoft will address this in a future update. This is too big a plot hole to leave open. Maybe we'll even see her carving the runes and explaining their meaning. I certainly hope so!!

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@hroozenbeek Quite possibly, Maybe he went back for the apple of eden. Whatever it was, I think it will be a part of a future DLC.

Just wanted to point out earlier, that there is no need to try and translate these runes, because they are the same as the ones in real world Hagia Sophia
    undefined(Top = hagia sophia, bottom = screenshot from the other thread posted above)

Also, i remember from one of the intervies between dr. Jackson and Darby, where they say that not all runic texts in game are authentic, as sometimes the designers have to work on their own, without a historian translating everything. I think the question was why are there anglo-saxon runes in Valhalla. I can try and find the video again if it is of any help.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator Yes, you're right. They actually copied the Aya Sofia Halfdan-inscription. Okay, one less mystery!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator And sorry for misunderstanding you at first!

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@hroozenbeek No worries 🙂
    Ill take a quick look at the hermits cave, maybe do a more detailed search tomorrow

• Shovelator
    150 posts

Well, there are some symbols in the cave where the hermit used to be, but thats it..
    No odin rune so far.
    Will do more research tomorrow

• MelArlo
    12 posts

I went back to the cave. Here is an image of the Hermit with his cloak runes showing and some images of the runic symbols on the walls of the cave. I couldn't find an Odin symbol however.

undefined
    undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

• Shovelator
    150 posts

Awesome pictures!
    Did some searchin... Only found last three symbols:
    First one is Gungnir, however it seems more like a modern artistic symbol, than actual norse symbol?
    Second one looks like web of wyrd
    Third one looks like part of vegvisir

• jmmontoro
    8 posts
    Ancient writings, from the old kingdom.
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts
    action points:

• can someone make a new base map, with the 5 rune locations, the 4 doors and the 3 chains on the map?
    • can someone inspect the doors for any markings and or hints, see if they are each the same or different (1 is closed)

cool and thnx. Need to go now.

Good morning all.
    I have just sifted through all the comments after i went offline yesterday i noticed research into chains and doors stopped and no map was made.
    Does that mean you discard this as a bug? Even through there rock formations underneath the doors, even though normally this far in the sea the floor is totally flat?
    Same for the floating chains?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

Well, I haven't specifically investigated it, but what I did see was that everyone agreed and defined these doors as a bug. We couldn't find a connection! I think the same was true of the chains.

• Asgardian02

@tchester1980
    alright i am fine with that.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

I personally found or maybe better, I remembered the one mission where the hermit was supposed to beautify the shield for Jarl Hemming´s funeral . He was very suspicious of the entire Odin set. I'm playing an old savegame to find out more

• Asgardian02

@tchester1980

well the runes we have found thus are too well hidden to be just discarded as environmental decoration.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I think we all agree on that. That's our starting point.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

I don´t know..... We have not found any connections or clue in the game regarding the runes that someone can interact with them or that they have some important meaning until now.
    That´s why it is currently hard, for me also, to think about further steps.

• Asgardian02

@tchester1980

while its awesome so many new ppl each day join our cause here, i noticed also that loads of old ideas come up here as well and are being repeated and the entire forum gets pretty cluttered.
    In truth these forums are hard to manage, seeing also as they dont have pages but instead just one endless thread. Also unfortunate that you cant keep the 1st post updated.
    That way new ppl would only have to read the 1st post. alas.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 The runes don't have much in common with other decorative elements. They've been hidden in places just out of sight, but easily accessible. There is something to them, but that doesn't necessarily mean we can interact with them or that they actually 'do' something. But, like you, I don't have any fresh ideas at the moment.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

But for the moment I've other things to do...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics