Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Based on our existing expiriences with the other runes, I have checked different theories from the past.
    I have found out not so much, but only one thing which is maybe a finding:

The 6th rune is (not exactly, but very close) in the elongated line of the Grantebridgescire Standing Stones thru our settlement (match not to 100% but really close):

undefined

We also found out, that other Runes matches with the lines from other standing stones..... (Rune 2, Rune 4 & Rune 5 If I remember right???)

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 I wonder if we have to find 12 instead of 9?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

Could be, I do not know...Maybe 9, maybe 12 or who knows....
    We have to find it out. The hunt is on 🙂

• Shovelator
    156 posts

Oh boy here we go again 🙂

I have some free time today so I guess i will be running around searching for more runes

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@shovelator Don't run, walk and look, that last one was hard to spot and I checked that area with the crow. Be using the camera from now on😊

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Currently we have no clues where the next runes are... Could Cent, Essex, Northumbria..... map is too big and no logic in my mint to follow.... Could be everywhere

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 Lets hope @Verendrye can find something in the constellations. His suggesting of a group searching one spot might make a huge difference, too.

If we are going of the stones and seeing with have 12 then we might need 12 runes, like you said who knows. But, we know to keep searching now.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

If anyone is still trying to properly translate Futhark runes, I have found more. If you go to England fresh, and the map is not revealed yet, places of interest have rune writings as the description. I'll make a collage later tonight.

Also, has anyone done the side quest with Loki Rabbit? It leads to a cave that you can't enter, but photo mode shows another 'unfinished' cave that opens up to the underworld (glitch). The loot you get is the Andvaranaut ring. Description says "There is a strange energy emanating from the ring's center." The ring is sellable so it's probably an Easter Egg tho. It is shaped like a snake. I haven't went to the snake chalk drawing since I got it, maybe it does something there?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@el_t_us If you look at Picheringa on the map you will see 2 small ponds. Search around them and you can get Andvaranaut. Can't remember if it's the first or second pond.

Same spot?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

I have again checked the rune spots and search in the internet for some varies of the 9 worlds constellation.
    What do you guys think about a new theory, that the runes are more or less like planets that revolve around the first rune?
    This will give us more exact orbits that we could investigate if there is something to the theory.

I checked this in my visual program, and this is my outcome (red circles are the rune orbits, blue circles are the "could be another" rune circle):

undefined

My assumptions:

• The distance between each circle is similar
    • Already found runes in one region, there will be no further rune
    • The south rune is the last rune and there will be no further with a bigger diameter

Only a new theory which will be connected to the 9 worlds and Midgard as center!

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Yeah that's the place. 'Loki' led me there. Accoring to lore. the ring is supposed to be attracted to precious metals, and the Collector's Edition had elements on it indicating a lodestone (magnetite), which had to do with the Isu Bow. Maybe this ring helps with that? Idk

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@Tchester1980 Already found runes in one region, there will be no further rune. I like that assumption. Narrows it down some and gives us more to go on. Nice!

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Thank you! I am currently looking into the constellations, and will let you guys know the second I find out something, but one thing I have to say is that I am a girl 🙂

@eL_T_US Yes, I love translating the runes! I feel like Sherlock Holmes 😃 If you find the entire alphabet they use, and if I can help in your search, let me know. I also saved the previous findings, seems Ubisoft used the younger futhark but attributed different letters, this is why I initially thought the runes have no meaning.

And even if we complete the alphabet, what should we translate with it? Is there something to be translated? 🤔

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 You sir are a true genius. Pure genius. Ubisoft should give you a prize! Your theory looks very promising.

I have one question: how can we find the exact location of the next runes? which alignment is the one showcased in your image? Or, in other words: can we find each rune's alignment, based that they become planets?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980

Based on the assumption of only one per country, and omitting Jorvik, Wincestre and Lunden, I took and shaded your map to highlight probable areas of interest. Snotinghamscire and Cent are the only ones that share 9 and 10, so I shaded the Southern portion of Snotinghamscire since it can't be 1,2,4 or 5.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Thank you, now I'm getting red in the face 🙂
    It is only a theory and based on finding a logic behind, I thought, 9 worlds rotate around a center point (here: Midgard = Rune # 1)
    I think more runes can be found on the track of the blue circles, but since the distances are usually different from the rune to the center, we cannot determine the exact location, but at least roughly.
    The circles are probably not to scale either, but I've tried to keep the same spacing.
    According to my sketch, there could be a possible rune in 2 locations (more like areas) in Essex. 2 blue circles go through it! Maybe on one of these 2 circles, we will find an additional rune.

I know this is very rough and it only partially limits our search radius, but better than nothing and maybe there is something to it!
    We just have to investigate and check if there is something or not!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

I have marked more circles to have more space and do not limit it. For sure, it could be in summary 9, but I think, not more.
    But we do not know which one is the first circle after Midgard (here Rune #1). That´s why I sketch up two additional before the rune #3 to be on save site!

Great work @eL_T_US . This helps us now more and narrows our search radius a little more under the assumptions mentioned

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 Looking deeper, if Cent/Snot are 9/10, that leaves 5 countries but with only 4 lines left. There should probably be another 'orbit' below 1.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Due to the fact that I think, there will be really another rune in Essex, let´s focus in Essex.
    More precisely according to the map of @eL_T_US , district area 4 & 5 (not shadowed out in Essex).
    Let's all take a good look at this area!
    Everyone should now have a look who's interested! It is not a must, but a massive search with all people who will help is maybe more effective instead of searching each by they own!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Could be, so let´s verify this theory and let´s check area 4 & 5 all together!

Suggested Topics