Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I have looked into those dragon bones too, some time ago, but I found nothing. Yet, of course. 😉

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 The Mask of Janus is supposed to allow the wearer "to pass between the doorways between worlds". Another of the notes mentions the "Fae Treasures of Belas Knap". Is it a coincidence that on top of Belas Knap we find an inscription that states: "Only those touched may pass through Belas Knap and venture onward to worlds unspoken."?

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
  • Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Yes, one of this treasure is this Fae treasure of Belas where you get a mythical armor piece (or weapon??).
    I also found this message, but you can get the 3 keys without any issues or wearing something to open the chest.
    For me, this message was nice but confusing me due to the lack of any item according to the notes.

Regarding the mask, yes, its mentioned in one of the Bran letters. That´s why this mask is maybe the key regarding the Odin´s Rune (maybe).
    But on the End, it could be, but also could not and we are with that mask on a complete wrong way.... Who knows?

Regarding the necklace, my theory is, that this is the grave from Bran. In his last letter he mentioned, that he gave up and go home.
    From the location of the letter, the fastest way to the farm which I found (see my posts above) is directly cross the thieves warren. There he died and that´s maybe (my theory) the reason, why there is a grave next to it.
    With that I think, this necklace was worn by Bran.

A lot of theories I know, but also some good arguments when you take the facts and clues coming from the letters.....

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I fully agree with you. The game obviously contains a lot of content, such as letters and papers lying around, that suggests there may be more secrets to unravel and treasure to be found. But possibly these are just small stories in their own right, without quests or treasure. I can't imagine that all hints at secrets and treasure indicate actual undiscovered game content.

I'm inclined to believe that the Bran-story is one of these tales, which the player can discover while playing the game. I agree with you that it is quite possible that the tomb with the necklace belongs to Bran, but on the other hand we don't have a single clue, as far as I know, to actually connect the necklace with Bran. Did he find a treasure in the end, only to be killed? If so, who buried him - with the necklace? The necklace is too fine a detail not to mean anything. So we keep looking. 🙂

When we look at the three rune-locations, it strikes me - to state the obvious - that they appear not to have anything in common. The one near Ravensthorpe has nothing special about it, except being close to the settlement. The one in East-Anglia has these four pointy rocks, that suggest something special, but what? And the third one in the south has this strange, seemingly unfinished cave. Do the runes indicate content that is still hidden (or: not fully implemented yet) that will be unlocked in a future update? Or can we unlock them now, in some hidden way? Or do we need to discover more of them and a pattern will emerge? So, again, we keep looking!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

See also: Odin's Illusionary Rune/ Mysterious Symbol: "I later switched to Noden's Arc and used Incendiary Powder Trap skill and it blacked out the symbol."

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek I feel like the rigsogur may have some relevance. Esp. X:

X. The Shimmering Creek

After his death, the body of Lord Rig, ruler of Goldness was returned home on a perilous journey up the Volga through Rusland. Solveig fought off various tribes to secure his body's passage back home. He was brought to the shimmering creek where he had painted gold a statue of Odin and a cross. His body was buried beneath the creek with axe and cross in hand. There is a runestone there with his many names upon it.

In his death, he became known as "The Keeper of the Shimmer of Rivers Unseen to the Eye".

If you lay your body in the river, with the rushing waters caressing your skin, you will hear his song in the shine of the sun. If the creek shimmers in your favor, Rig will send you good luck. He is the skull-beneath-the-waters, the skald-of-lost-rivers. His song is simple and a melody Bragi is jealous of, and it is said he will return one day but only as a wave, his bones made of mead-marrow, and only when the tree of life is rotten away and hewn by waves into tiny chips.

Some skalds refer to the "Chips of Yggdrasil," which is a kenning of Rig, He Who Was Mighty and Forgotten, He Who Outlives the Valkyries, He Who Knocked on Thrones. I know he was wronged by someone and the voices that spoke in him are real. They are the ancient threads that tangle and tie until someone can make the world right again.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I don't know why this helmet comes up when you google 'Janus mask Anglo-Saxon'. What is 'Janus' about it? The (real) helmet is a find from the spectacular Anglo-Saxon Sutton Hoo ship burial, which is a site we can visit in the game. (The ship burial dates from a few hundred years before the events of Valhalla.) So I don't think it's relevant to our quest.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I have had the same feeling since I first read that page of the saga. But where to look for the 'shimmering creek'?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek according to google, there's a place called Goldness near Worcester, so higher up then Gloucester. Hard to tell if any of this is based on anything though or just completely made up.
    The cave where the Gloucester antagonist is has a symbol of Yggdrasil in it as well as two burning straw men, I guess both of which could be considered golden, but I feel fantasy is running amok haha.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I will look into that later! Good stuff!

The meaning of the Rigsogur-saga was never clear to me, but (after reading a Reddit-post about it) I reread the entire saga in the right order, and many things do indeed make sense. Rig was another Isu-reincarnated (a son of Odin, apparently), who had visions of his past life just as Sigurd has. Moreover, he travelled to Constantinople where he was supposed to find his arch-enemy, many years before Sigurd met Basim there. I do feel a bit stupid for not having realized this earlier, but it only makes sense when you know the Isu-story behind everything.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek the only progress, or lack thereof, I've made is that pond with the waterfall where we go with Tewdwr as there's a tree, a statue with a bird that's obviously not Odin but that saint, no cross, but a skull in a hollow behind the waterfall and some apparently meaningless etchings on the wall xD

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Yes, I revisited that place too yesterday. I wondered about the etchings, but haven't really researched it.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang According to the Rigsogur, Goldness was later called Goldborough. I think we should look at Goldsborough in North Yorkshire, not far from Whitby Abbey as suggested by the Rigsogur. The location of Whitby Abbey itself is on the coast just north of Scarborough (which is in the game); Goldsborough itself lies west of York (Jorvik).

From Wikipedia: "A Viking hoard was discovered in Goldsborough Village in 1859 during construction outside the north wall of Goldsborough Church. Coins and artefacts dating from 700 to 1050 were found in a leaden chest including fragments of Viking brooches and arm rings, together with 39 coins. It forms one of the largest collections ever discovered in the UK."

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek I looked there yesterday, following the Whitby lead, but didn't find anything, which doesn't mean there's nothing there ofc.

• DuskDragon56496
    379 posts

I think Ubisoft has people chasing their tales...yes, that was intentional. Ubisofts contention that there are still mysteries in the game, to me is laughable...why you ask? Very simple, how many dozens of bugs are within this game,Ragnors blade is bugged for crying out loud,one of ubis own people who worked on the game didn't even realize the drengr arc was bugged. I for one am not going to search an area the size of Valhalla without Ubisoft at least confirming there is something to find,and that that something isn't bugged.My times a little more valuable then going for wild goose chases in a video game that's going to take endless hours at least to try and find, and Ubisoft should have the same respect for a players time.Though I realize it's very tempting to chase a mystery with a possible reward, best of luck to those willing to try!

• DuskDragon56496
    379 posts

Coming out of the Animus, I went outside to the right and up the steps is a view, it actually says focus, to the right of that there is a stone with an interact on it, when you hit interact Layla says"Eivor carved these runes" One of the runes, looks like the Odins rune people have found, if you can translate what the set of runes means, it may be a clue, it may not be.I didn't see anyone mention this yet but maybe something to investigate.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

Can you please upload a screenshot of these rune? I´m checking it but I cannot see any of these
    Thank you

Edit: Found it, thank you for the hint. Must check the language now^^

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

undefined

If someone speaks this language or have an idea how to translate, please let me know!
    Thank you

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

So, there were some one who found an additional 4th rune and posted it on YT comments.

I doublechecked it and yes, there is the 4th Odin´s rune.
    Description:

In Hamtunscir, near Uffentun. It is ~150m straight away from the south main entrance of the uffentun camp. The Rune is between the rock formation.

Attached some screenshots:
    undefined

undefined

So, now more and more will come. We do not have any in north direction. So keeps your eyes up 🙂

BTW: My female Eivor looks nice, or? With my 2 + 2 armor special set and Karolinger chest just for the look (This set is an absolutely war machine with all weapons)

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics