Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MissM16
    213 posts

@tchester1980

Yeah I figured as much when I saw the shrooms in front of the cross but I already did it and forgot about it. lol

I also looked at the rock formation the logo is on but didn't find anything interesting either.

• MissM16
    213 posts

It's only partially visible in my game and it doesn't move or change. (I'm also playing offline and still on patch 1.04 so whatever it is it's been here since launch if it matters)

In my game, it's dark green and looks painted on and part of the moss.

I don't know... but sadly, I don't think it's a rune.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

Okay, this is getting really crazy. Lets think WHY would the triquetra be placed there, twice (but not represented correctly, this symbol seems to be oddly ilustrated), in a place full of moss (or whatever that is), so hard to see, and for some players even disappearing/glitching???

@MissM16 I sent you a private message, its easier to work like this so we dont clutter the thread. Should we find something, we will report here 🙂

• Shovelator
    156 posts

Tried trasnlating the runes on the circle around AC logo again, just for fun. Talking about the runes in a circle in the background screen of the title screen.
    The pattern is duplicated and on a glance, i cant spot any english words. If it means anything its probably in old norse anyway. I think its just gibberish for aesthetic purposes but oh welll...

undefined

I think ill just stroll around for some more clues 🙂

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@shovelator I also tried to translate the runes, I used 5 runic alphabets. Surprisingly, they indeed have no meaning...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye Good questions. I have no answers (let's stay positive: yet), but I'll add another question: is it a coincidence that the line between the location of these runes and the associated Standing Stones passes straight through Ravensthorpe?

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@hroozenbeek thank you for adding yet another good question.

I dont think its a random coincidence. Even one rune was placed near the settlement, and the altar hole points to Ravensthorpe too...

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@shovelator isn't this an old poem ?
    If youre talking about the moving circle when starting the game.
    As far as i know, this was already translated.
    Or do i missunderstand this ?
    but i dont know where you can find the translation.
    maybe if we search for " ac valhalla old rune poem" ?

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@pascalpalace Yup, thats the one. Maybe, i dont remember anyone mentioning a poem. If its true, than nevermind

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye Reading that the triquetra has been interpreted as representing the Christian trinity, the Isu Triad of Suttngr, Hyrrokin, and Gundlodr (and the other incarnations of the Triad) came to mind. And I also read that The Morrigan, the Celtic deity that has been identified as another Isu, is often viewed as a trinity. Random thoughts, I admit.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@hroozenbeek I just wanted to tell you the same thing!

Indeed, I really believe we are going on DLC pastures now.. and if these symbols are DLC related, its weird they were with us since the beginning of the game

• nash_trickster
    48 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shovelator
    156 posts

I'm having trouble seeing these runes on the clifs. They are there but i can only see them partialy.

Another offtopic thing: Have you noticed how sometimes custom map marker colors change from white to gold/green? Any idea why is that? Seems like its dependant on the direction where i place the marker and not on its number (1,2 or 3)

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@shovelator I noticed my markers are sometimes green when near the runes. Cant reproduce though.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

I hope the runes are not DLC related. Why should be runes in the game which are connected to the DLC (WRATH OF THE DRUIDS)?
    From my knowledge, this DLC is planned for ~ october 2021 (1 year after game launch)!
    I could not believe this and also, if such a rune is connected with the DLC, there will be a quest or mission upfront the DLC launch to find clues connected with the story of the DLC.
    My opinion, maybe I´m wrong ...

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

Wrath of the druids is planned for Spring 2021, and siege of Paris for Summer

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

You´ve right. I double checked it and I made a mistake. It will release in spring 2021! Sorry!
    But on the end, the meaning of my post is the same.

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

@Tchester1980 have you found anything new in your quest for the runes? I read some of the previous posts looks like some good ideas.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

Yes, but in the end we didn't make any progress and didn't get any further information. We're still in the same place.

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

@Tchester1980 You all did great work just the same! Translating the runes, work with the altars the lines in the sky .I'll wager people learned more from this thread than probably the entire game.

Suggested Topics