Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@tchester1980 @Verendrye No, I do not have it. But the rock I am standing on has a cart next to it. I am also swarmed with yellow glyphs. Not sure if it's a bug.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

Maybe hidden something to receive the blade or so... IDK
    Will also check it later.

I read a comment, that you can get it during the fight with Suttungr... There should be a way to unlock the blade by lead him next to the stone / helm / face.... I have not test it, must check my savegames if I have one

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

I just found an interesting stone, but in real, it is not really a mystery for us, but a strange thing in my opinion.

Next to the altar of Glowe..., I found a stone with the Ogham runes, we already translated, not exactly this one, because this one is mirrored, but after I mirrored it back, I have the exact runs written for:
    "Brendan was here....."
    The interesting point is, that there is no standing stones or what ever close to it, only a treasure chest with a Tungston ingot in it:

undefined

undefined

undefined

Edit:
    Also on the side of the stone, one row is visible for the half end of it

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Guys,

I found exactly the same medallion / broche / necklace that we found in Glowe ... on the hill by the grave, but now one new in Hamtunscire.
    There are still a lot of broken glass and some pieces of silver.
    There is also a haystack with 3 eggs!

undefined

undefined

undefined

The show must go on ......

• Fl00pin
    22 posts

@tchester1980 looks like it has the same markings on it, that are engraved in the ground, around Gunlodr "lab" entrance in Jotunheim.. dont know if it's a re-used texture. Coule also be something

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@fl00pin

Just checked it and I think, they are not really similar....

undefined

But, for me, it is a little bit confusing for me, that there are some broken glass (same one which is used in all churches / monasteries and so on)....

undefined

Is that a clue?
    Are they more of these necklaces in England?

• Fl00pin
    22 posts

@tchester1980 yeah, had to check my self! You were to quick to comment my mistake 😛
    But what baffles me is that I cant seem to ignite the cauldron/ brazier near utgard vault where the axe is placed .. any ideas?? And the hugir magic fireflies are flying all over the place.. is it another bug or have anyone of you experience also this?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye The Siege of Paris will be the topic of the second major DLC, but we'll have to wait to see whether or not the later events in England regarding Aelfred and Guthrum will be featured in the game. I certainly hope so.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I think we have to compare this to the Brendan-texts in the cave at St. Kenhelm's Falls. He apparently liked Glowecestrescire...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@fl00pin Yes, I tried doing that too. I like to think that it should be possible to light these fires.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 You could be right that the broken glass means something. I've had that feeling before, but I can't remember where that was...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@vanadiumcobalt I've noticed before that the 'head' with the ice axe sometimes has all these golden sparkles around it, and sometimes not. But I haven't been able to figure out what caused the difference.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Apparently, these birds like shiny things. That would explain the stained glass fragments, the silver and the medallion. We now know the medallion was reused, but it still seems far more elaborate than necessary.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@vanadiumcobalt I've not been able to replicate the total disappearance of the 'helmed head' with the ice axe, but only part of it (from the corner of my eye, as it were):

undefined

undefined

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

I've been trying to track down the rune in the real world in an attempt to confirm it means what we think it does.

I found this in an Icelandic manuscript - http://galdrastafir.org/pdf/Galdrastafir_LBS_4375_8vo.pdf. Not an exact match, but similar. Could be the origin of the illusionary rune.
    undefined

The text says Missinningastaf ur Odinn eingin forskrift

Missinningastaf - I found another rune in a different manuscript that has a very similar name, it was called "missýningarstafur". My guess is it's the same word evolved over time. Breaking down the word, we have mis-sýningar-stafur. I used an online old Icelandic dictionary to attempt a translation (https://archive.org/details/concisedictionar001857/page/300/mode/2up),warning the pages take an age to load. I found that “mis” means amiss i.e. something is wrong.

Sýningar is familiar to us, our raven is called Sýnin after all. It means sight.

Stafur is staff/stave obviously.

The dictionary has several compound words beginning missýn (see bottom of page 299 and top of 300). They mean something like “one sees wrong”, “deception of sight”, “one is mistaken”.It isn't a massive leap from seeing wrong or deception to illusion.

I'm not sure what “ur” means. I found an entry for “úr”, which redirected me to “ór” - meaning out of or from. So perhaps “Odin's deception of sight stave”. Lol just had an idea, maybe the author ran out of space to add “ur” to the end of staf so he wrote “ur” on the next line.

As for “eingin”, again I'm not sure. I think it is a compound of “einn” meaning one and “gi” which is used as a suffix to indicate a negative, so “not one”, “no one”, “none,” or “nobody”. There is also a similar word which means “only”. So it could be that.

The last word has me beat. I can't find any similar word or words. However, modern Icelandic uses the word. It means “regulation”. Not sure what to make of that.

I was hoping that the translation would shed light on what we have to do to solve the mystery, but it seems not. Unless the word that looks like “forskrift” is the key.

Time to get back to the English Geological Survey! More rocks.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@the3wsuk

Absolutely fantastic work to find more light in our darkness. Thank you therefore.
    Maybe with this, someone can find additional clues... We help us together and if Ubisoft want to solve the riddle without any launch of DLC´s, we will find it and solve the mystery.
    I´m really happy how much energy and time everybody put in here.

This is so a great community here, Ubisoft can be proud, I´m proud!

undefined

My Eivor is very happy, you can see it in your happy smile

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

To be honest, I only found these rock with these findings by following the ravens (Looking on the sky and running to each spot where some ravens are in the air).
    Without that method, I think, I have never found this second necklace and the broken glass.

I also use this method today again, but the map is too big to analyze every spot where ravens are in the air and the necklace is too small to catch it directly.
    But I think, a collection of multiple ravens on one spot (doesn´t matter if in the air or on the ground) can be something to check!

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@tchester1980 Great photo! Made me smile as much as Eivor. And thank you.

• Storasys
    17 posts

I have a question, maybe it is nothing but there is a church tower in the castle of dofras (in caent), where a triangle is drawn at the wall on the top... does one of you guys know, why? Is that related to anything?

undefined

• the3wsuk
    41 posts

@storasys this explains it better than I can

Suggested Topics