Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • MissM16
    163 posts

@azullfr

True. It may be nothing more than that : /

Still gonna keep my eye on those sus Roman ruins that reference Greek sculptures just in case lol

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@missm16 Im very happy to be here among you all! 🙂

Let me think, hmm... Probably because we have mainly Roman temples, and the busts you mentioned could be found only in forums, the senate, because they didn't have a religious function, only political. I also feel like ubisoft made these ruins bigger than they could be, probably to emphasize the roman heritage of the anglo-saxons?

But I definetly agree, there are mainly roman copies, more greek in style than pure roman!

I will also continue looking for clues, and keep my eyes peeled for anything! If we need to spin in circles naked and drunk, so be it! xD

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

I am really horrified. Instead of working on the bugs and optimizing the game, they put out another HELIX MTX pack ...
    Ubisoft should be ashamed.
    It's unbelievable how greedy the company has become, true to the motto: We don't care what they want, we do what we want ....
    They should just be careful that this philosophy does not backfire and ruins the future of this franchise...

• afewscarsmore
    43 posts

@tchester1980 nothing will happen
    still a lot of people are happy bout new mtx packs
    and according to to some phrases from ubi interview, ubi find river raids quite repetitive and replayble, you know
    so they nearly give up on activities at the end of game, but trying to sell packs - fantasy packs - for what?

Odyssey was the best thing ever happend to ac games. hope one day we'll get an 60 pfs patch for next gen consoles - I'm gonna even pay again in respect for that studio - and for their best decisions ever

for myself, I'm in doubt of buying new ac game, and I wont ever buy an ultimate edition - just the cheapest one

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@afewscarsmore

Me too. No longer Ultimate Edition or directly from beginning the Season Pass.
    But I´m not sure if I will buy a new AC game in future due to their philosophy....

I will not pay for a game which also offers additional ingame armor set to be paid for to look fantastic, but the look is out of proportion or even close to the game itself.
    Nobody needs such exaggerated armor that looks like it comes straight from another world and it´s no viking look!

• isuwhat
    174 posts

@tchester1980 its been interesting seeing how Ubisoft works in all of this. Valhalla was the first Ubi game i ever bought and it was a big shock how money driven they are. Other studios i have been into don't seem to be like this at all.

after completing Valhalla i bought Origins, base version of the game for £15 and got the season pass on offer for around £11. Ive had 2 crashes the whole game of Orgins and half way through 1 of the DLC's. It seems they do fix buys eventually but i will defo be waiting a good year or so if i buy another Ubisoft release.

Voting with your wallet is the best way for a company to pay attention

• MichalDK...
    30 posts

They just removed the swordfish trophy from the game, but the fish in the fisherman's hut are still there
    PC version

• Tybolt2486
    1 posts

I have a possible theory about the runes themselves. it involves spoilers, so if you haven't finished the game, I say stop reading and finish it!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So as we all know, this is Odin's illusionary rune of camouflage and deception. So I started to ask myself, thinking of the game developers, the storytelling in general, and on all the folklore and myth we've come across. Now we all may be thinking, Odin, probably hid something, or multiple somethings in England. But then I thought, who would Odin want to hide anything from? Why Camoflage, blend in, in plain sight like the titular assassins? And then I had a thought. We all know at this point Basim is the reincarnation of Loki, who currently has all of his old memories, and is currently at the end of the game is the one in the Animus, viewing Eivor's memories. Perhaps Odin, having the gift of foresight, saw that he needed to hide whatever it is from Loki, and the reason all we can see at this time is a symbol of Illusion. Idk, it may be a stretch, but until they release something new about it, maybe this theory can help support another one.

• Anwysitna
    2 posts

Has anyone translated the runestone that Octavian is working on? (the one @MissM16 mentioned further up; if so please leave me a link😊) Even if there are things missing at the moment, mayby there´s a hint in there?
    undefined

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@anwysitna Hello there! Welcome to the thread! 😊 Yes, we have translated this before - it is just a copy paste thingy ubisoft did for design purposes, the original is from a historic church, UNESCO heritage site. Nothing more here 🙂

• Anwysitna
    2 posts

@verendrye Thanks:) The placement is still odd though😂

• isuwhat
    174 posts

*potential spoilers*

if the Basim outfit and Spear stuff is somehow linked to the Odin Runes, it would all make sense. I personally was hoping for an Isu/Odin outfit for completing whatever is linked to the Runes but id take another Isu Spear

• Valhalla2015
    73 posts

I hate to ask this question, but I couldn’t log into the forum for a while, so I lost track…. Has anyone checked for the runes in Vinland?

• Valhalla2015
    73 posts

@valhalla2015 Please don’t blood eagle me for asking…

• Shafaialala
    17 posts

Hello there,

Are you back onto solving the mystery?
    Did then some of you get through those sort of monsters appearing in the irish woods within some green shadow?
    Because I was wondering what kind reward these could afford, as long as I had no chance to win against them at that time.
    Actually, they appear at night, like the person MissM16 showed on a pic. I had also experimented the same thing as MissM16 after having accomplished the mystery at that precise location in England, and that was at night too. Obviously, there are IMHO some things pointing to "the night timelaps".

I wish you the best.

undefined

• Verendrye
    141 posts

Guys... 3 new runes have been found... IN IRELAND. It's definetly a mystery made to be solved in the community, not alone. The DLC is just a week out and already 3 new runes have been found here. This is pure crazy! Im waiting for you all to come back, I hope you all are alright 🙂

• isuwhat
    174 posts

not sure why the last few posts with links to 7th, 8th and 9th runes locations are not showing in here now?

but it looks like by this video this won't be solved until the Paris DLC:

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

As I just posted in the other thread on the subject, there's a longer version of the dialog file (in french) which was leaked... (Don't know how to post a link to the video here though sorry.)

To summarize what can be made out of the dialog:
    1) Eivor meets an old woman who asks to fight and happens to be a very strong opponent despite her appearance.
    2) It is this woman who hands Eivor the Eye of Odin.
    3) the woman mentions that the talisman she possesses must be charged through combat at specific altars which can be found all over Mercia.

This therefore makes me think the Odin Runes are actually linked to the upcoming Mastery Challenges...

Can we call the mystery solved? 😉

• bielik01
    57 posts

@nash_trickster we'll see if the runes are related to the mastery challenges... in Ubisoft Forward they said that probably Eivor is not done with Odin yet

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics