Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

Here are the letter location in detail:

Letter #1:
    undefined

Letter #2:
    undefined

Letter #3:
    undefined

So you can interact with them and read. Sorry for NOT posting the letter by itself, because I play on German and I think, not everybody will understand what there is written.
    But you can also google the letters I think!

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@tchester1980
    cool, yeah i am half austrian, but better to use english here. 😉

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

So, from now, I have no further glue to look after because Bran is maybe death and there is nothing written that he has found the mask or that the mask exist!

• Asgardian02

@tchester1980

and what are you thoughts on the runes and the possibility that the 4 stones in east angelia might be some direction/map?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

This I have not double checked because I think, there are more than 3 Odin´s rune in the game.
    It could be, that there are more around England and nobody found them yet, but have to. Yesterday I was looking for 4 hours, and nothing.
    Today I found a different one on a tree next to the thieves warren, but it belongs not to the main runes of Odin. Maybe only another "secret"!

Come back to your question, it could be that the 4 pillars might be some direction or map, but I didn´t checked it until now.
    Maybe later

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Update on Dafydd:

The guy, I thought it is the brother of Bran, changed ingame and it is not the same guy from my first visit on the farm.
    I zoomed in and he is not wearing such a necklace. So, I have to check what this necklace is and the detail!
    So could be, that this grave on the hill is NOT Bran and he is still alive 🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Isn't that ring a reference (easter egg) to Tolkien's Lord of the Rings? (The moss-covered houses also remind of Hobbiton.)

There may be a little bit more to it, because the Nodens of Nodens' Arc (the Isu bow) is a Celtic god who had a major shrine in Gloucestershire. Tolkien (as part of his normal academic career) worked at the excavations there for some time and it seems that the location and the stories about Nodens (including something to do with a cursed ring) may have inspired him to write The Hobbit and the The Lord of the Rings-trilogy. The location of the shrine (Lydney Park, also known as Dwarf's Hill), however, does not seem to be featured in the Valhalla map (yet). Nodens was identified with Roman Mars and also was a god of healing (connected with dogs). And there is also a story about someone losing his arm.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

cool, well figuring out all these puzzles and mysteries certainly gives u something to do and its nice to work together.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I think, the Lydney Park is the forrest of Denu. In there is the massive (roman) ruins which the letter #1 was found and also the assassin office is there located.
    As written on the myth, the ruins were build for the god of Nodens...

Regarding the ring, I think, this is just a easter egg due to the fact that the ring is lying in one of the house in Glowcester.
    There are some reports regarding this ring in the internet (eurogames: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-20-assassins-creed-valhalla-has-a-surprisingly-detailed-lord-of-the-rings-easter-egg ) which descriptes this ring as eastern egg regarding Tolkien and the Hobbits.
    From that point of view, I have not spent any longer on the ring, but more on the mask and also the letter #2 is more referring to it

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, I also looked around the Forest of Denu and the temple there in this connection, but as yet without specific results.

Does anyone have the impression the Valuable Ring we find in one the sidequests has any relevance to this matter? One of the (real) inscriptions found at Lydney Park referenced a ring that was supposed to be returned.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

You mean the ring in your inventory

spoiler

Could be, but looks absolutely different to that one we are talking about and also, if I remember right, this ring was not stolen in Glowcester. This was another region during that time and in my opinion no parallels to the Ring of Glowcester or Bran or the Mask of Janus. This is only my opinion, but could also be totally wrong now.

But if yes, then who should we give this ring back to?

• Asgardian02

@tchester1980

as for the mask of janus, apart from glowestre outfit there havent been any items we could wear.

so maybe there is an inscription in one the helmets/hood from out 9 sets? Just a wild guess?
    I mean in the w3 you could literally wear several different outfits and so, but that hasnt been the case with valhalla , not yet anyway.
    In odyssey you could wear various outfits.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Sorry, I meant the ring we find below Besuncen Tor in the Skal To Your Wealth-sidequest. It has no use (as far as I know), but it is described as fetching a great sum.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

Offtopic regarding your Armor set idea:

If you ask google for Janus Mask Anglo-Saxon, you get the first 6 results in picture:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/CjR9T6JHX2GV4PUc7

Do you remember this? Looks absolutely identical with the leaked new armor set which was leaked....
    undefined

just coincidence or maybe..... 🙂

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Could be, yes. But again, what do you think, who should we give this ring back to?
    I don´t know currently because there is no NPC what I think which has some interest in for the ring (looking to the original history of the Ring)!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Me neither. There are more quest items in the inventory without any obvious significance, but after reading about the ring at Lydney Park I was just wondering whether there could be a connection. (Btw, a ring that bears the same name as the one mentioned in the Lydney Park inscription has actually been found in another part of England. Some people believe it is the actual ring.)

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

I wasted several hours wandering around the map trying to find the guy from the Rigsogur, who's meant to be buried in a "shimmering creek" with a golden statue of Odin, a cross and a rune stone. It says he was known as "the keeper of the shimmer of rivers unseen to the eye". With nothing to go on besides that they mention Whitby which is kind of near York, I looked around there to no avail. The problem with these types of secrets is they are grossly convoluted and only some nerds will figure it out. Most likely this and the dragon I was on about earlier are entirely meaningless 🙄

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Really, another ring?
    Maybe your idea with the ring in the inventory could also be a glue

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@kreutzgang

So, in the end without existing End contend you are happy to analyze something like that.
    Maybe we are all completely wrong, but with the ideas and feedback from other players, we are searching ingame for something which can be or just time wasting.
    But for me, it is more exiting to check something instead of killing the same enemy for the 1010th time.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@tchester1980 I wasn't criticising you. Your investigation seems more promising than my random blundering anyway. I also found a bandit camp with a banner with a dragon on it, which is mentioned at the site with the bones and also in the Rigsogur, but there wasn't anything else there and since it was close to Wales it might have just been a Welsh dragon. *sigh* I also followed a deer who was in that lake where the bow is for about 20 min lmao.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics