Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

So, assuming there is something to this theory, what should this symbol tell us? Would you like to go from the bottom up, on foot? By horse? Fast travel is not possible
    We still don't know how to activate these runes

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

NEW IDEA

This talk about constellation brought me to an idea though. Within the skill tree we have a lot of constellations in fact. Unfortunately they arent named though.

Something we could figure out is, if any of those constellations match with our 5 runes. If yes, then we need to check from which branch: raven/bear or wolf.
    Then maybe we only select the skills from that constellation and a gear set corresponding with that branch: Raven/bear or Wolf and see if that triggers something.

Thats all i can think off, but might be something?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

In the skill tree you have 9 dots (one is with 10) and 1 special ability.... We have 5 Runes....

• Verendrye
    141 posts

For the scorpio idea, I followed the chalk figures (which are 3 in total in the game and they are very specifically chosen). I googled what they mean, and the myth in which Thor kills Jormungandr popped up. Also in the game database it is hinted that "the Longman is could be an ancient god lost in times" and that it has 2 staves (Gungnir being one?). We know that Havi/Odin also had a horse, which appears as a chalk figure too. This is why I am not sure if the figure is Thor or Odin, but the devs couldve hinted that way that we need Thors armor and Gungnir (at least).

Also, throughout the game we can find these bones which look like a serpent (or dragon?), and I linked them with the snake chalk figure.

Also, in Jotunheim, one of Aegirs daughters recalls the myth in which Thor kills Jormungandr.

Jormungandr in antiquity resembled the scorpio constellation, with 11 stars in total.

The rune in East Anglia could be Antares, the brightest star of the constellation, which in the Myth is where Odin/Thor pokes the snake.

• Asgardian02

@tchester1980

Yeah i know. Well if you guys dont like the idea thats cool.
    Havent seen any fresh ideas from anyone else in a long time though... ( i know that sounds salty, but its not intended like that).

Ill tinker around with it later when i have more time.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

I have seen this idea also from a comment under a YT clip and already thought of it, that´s why my answer was so quick!
    Every idea is welcome. For sure. For me, I do not have currently a new idea and still wait of finding more clues. Running thru England the hole day and search in each corner, villages, house and so on....

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@asgardian02 Yes, this is a very good idea! Glad I could offer the team a possible lead 😊

• Asgardian02

@verendrye

i have some meeting now, so cant investigate further.
    But thats why its cool more and more ppl join in tackle this thing from a different perspective.

All in all though i am truly convinced that if there is something out there it should be with clues and stuff from inside the game.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye I believe you posted this idea also somewhere else, right? I read it this morning and already planned to check out the chalk figures for clues later today. But I like to take it one (in-game) step at a time.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@hroozenbeek I posted it on Access the Animus last video also, yes.

I too believe we have to search in game for clues, this is why I chose the chalk figures and the serpent remains as a possible lead.

The chalk figures have lots of opal, and the snake one has, well, snakes too. All of the figures have hidden treasures (marked on the hoard maps)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye I checked out the serpent yesterday or so, and there was not a clue I could find. But I will check the others too.

• RAPANTE_ze_Hage
    9 posts

In Vinland is a small "cave" in Kahrhaken:rat. There is also the Isu-door (the wall with holes in it, that desmond opened in AC:3). Maybe this has something to do with this mystery? Holes = location of the runes?? Just an idea.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@rapante_ze_hage Ubisoft has explained that Vinland is designed as a self-contained part of the game, with Connor's Isu-artifact and the Isu-door as the icing on the cake. It would surprise me very much to find clues there that would be necessary to solve a puzzle in England. But nevertheless I've checked the Isu-door for clues a few days ago, without success.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@hroozenbeek Right now I am in the exams period at University and I am unable to search the clues myself. Will jump back in the game as soon as possible!

Hopefully this week we can find a new rune, or at least, a clue 👀

• Assassinofcake
    43 posts

This is probably something super simple, but as always the teories are wild

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@assassinofcake

I´m thinking the whole time of running across the runes from one rune to the other.
    But this theory is perhaps a bit wrong, as you would have to climb to one or the other rune in order to activate it

• Smrtiak.SVK
    171 posts

@hroozenbeek I already saw white ram in the game...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 You like running, don't you? From Glowestrescire to Ravensthorpe wasn't far enough? 😉

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@smrtiak-svk Where did you see it?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

From 4th rune to the settlement rune yes, but what about that:

undefined

Only thinking?!?!?

Suggested Topics