Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ScretDooM
    6 posts

I think the sound that is heard near the runes, does not come from them, but from the stones near them.

For in the locations of the runes where there are no stones, there was no sound.

I made three videos to show how the sound comes from the stones, but unfortunately I can't put them here.

:::

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@scretdoom Thanks. We have also come to the conclusion that the sounds have no relationship to the runes. See multiple posts in this (very long) thread.

• Superchall89
    2 posts

Haven't read all the comments, so may be way off - but the valuable rings that we're finding could have a link to the story of Noden that inspired Tolkein. If so, is it unreasonable to assume there will be 9 in total, playing on the 'but Nine he gave to Men, knowing that they would most easily bend to his will' line from the books?

May be a totally separate mystery to the Odin Runes altogether.

On which note, given the clear link to illusions or deception, and knowing the tricks we had to do in Jotunheim - what if the runes mark the location you stand at to look around or move the camera to reveal the location of...[insert something cool here]?

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@superchall89 interesting idea.

But in Jotunheim the deceptions are marked by totems with shiny golden threads, and they make a sound when you are close to them.

These runes are simply carved in stone, and dont seem to activate, but rather indicate something

• Shovelator
    156 posts

Yeah,those illusion markers in Jotunheim look like fireflies.. Maybe we have to put loads of fireflies in ravensthorpe 😛

Should we move this conversation on a Discord server or something?
    It is getting very hard to keep track of all we have done

• Night11Assassin
    3 posts

Hi everyone,
    I have been following this thread for a few days and trying to look around in game for runes and stuff but I just saw this on twitter. I thought it was a bit odd to see Darby liking it and it may be a hint of some kind for the runes in Asgard. Just wanted to see if anyone thought the same or if this was nothing.

I just want to say you guys are all doing an amazing job and your hard work is appreciated by loads of fans
    undefined

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@night11assassin Wow. The cistercian monks also founded Canterbury in the 5th century, and they are the monks in black robes we find all over England, in all the monasteries.

Could be a high link. Im on it now, but I think I will need someone to double (or triple!) check this.

Thank you!! 😊 hopefully this leads somewhere!

• Night11Assassin
    3 posts

@verendrye I might have a look around Canterbury then, I've some people suggest there could be something rune related in Cent anyway.

I hope so, I really want there to be something to all this

• Verendrye
    141 posts

For all interested in the cistercian number system, I use this decoder https://www.dcode.fr/cistercian-numbers while also going the classy way of searching each one of them by using the screenshot from @Night11Assassin

I foot walked the entire Cent, I know every rock 🤣 but I didnt search in the city or monastery.

Lets see the end of this!

• Night11Assassin
    3 posts

@verendrye All this looking at rocks isn't getting any more interesting, is it? 😂

I'll give it a good search then

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

@verendrye

there are no runes in cent, i already checked it all a couple of days ago 😛
    Some other too i believe. Its worth to read history in here to avoid doing same things over and over 😉

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

there aren't anymore runes on Cent on the entire east coast, in or around Hadrians wall, or Glowchesterschire

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

Maybe Asgardian is right, just wait a day or two, see if Darby responds to the message, or Ubisoft, It's not going to get solved any faster trying to investigate every idea in the game or out

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

feels like i am a partypooper even though i started this topic.
    But yeah a few days rest wouldnt do any harm and see if the devs care to respond.

Also i though deciphering stuff and what is pretty cool. Everything that was needed for the nodens bow was with clues from within the game and the collectors edition.

So bringing in stuff from outside the game (google search) though cool stuff wont bring us anywhere i am afraid. Collectors editions either since every nook and cranny of that box has been used up to find the noodens bow. so yeah.

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

I think everyone wants to be the one to solve this, and that's understandable, but no matter who solves it, or at least figures out the purpose, it will still be solved, and as Tchester says, it's inevitable for people to come and offer duplicate suggestions

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@asgardian02 I did read the entire thread before proposing anything.

But any new perspective requires the repeat of the things we considered to be confirmed.

Before diving into the cistercian cypher, I stopped and thought. This grid appeared in the 13th century, in a religious Order.

Eivor, fundamentally "pagan", would not have a reason to foresee a grid used in christian manuscripts some centuries later.

I tried though to translate a series of asgard runes, but the symbols hardly match the cistercian cypher.

I dont plan to investigate further until someone from the dev team actually tells us whats going on. Everything we tried lead to a dead end..

But at least we got to see the visuals of the game, which got me entirely 😍 I will take that as my reward for now

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

I agree, whether it's an abandoned quest, or a real solvable mystery, the answer is in the game, but the only way to know for sure which it is, is to wait for an answer, for God's sake whatever you do don't spill a drop of coffee on your keyboard,you'll be forever making corrections

• Asgardian02

@verendrye

Its been a nice journey for sure. For now i would really like to get some input from the devs.

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

@verendrye I'm sorry I didn't mean to seem like ideas aren't imporatant and yours is a good one, I just mean I think we ought to wait for a response, all the hours people have put in, it's time to find out if it's worth it,

• DuskDragon56496
    384 posts

@Asgardian02 to go off the beaten path a bit, are you still playing,if so are you still using a spear?

Suggested Topics