Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ScretDooM
    6 posts

@hroozenbeek
    I don't know if it won't be related, because only the stones next to the runes they make noise, the rest don't.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Anyone tried the Swordfish on a rune? Or have maxed out the fireflies then interact with the runes?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@el_t_us How did you get the Swordfish when Big flatfish and Big mackerel are not in the game? Also Big Eel? Fireflies have been checked.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@scretdoom

the noise was be analyzed and it has nothing connected to the runes. We have verified this noise connected to the fly agaric event next to it

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

cool stuff, fantastic work again from them....
    I know now more, but still stupid in my brain to solve the Odin´s rune myth

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@vanadiumcobalt I don't have it. But some people do, they got past the bugs or cheated, but some have it.

For the fireflies, what has been checked? Is there a thread you know of? I read before that collecting 25 gives a reward, but people have said it doesn't. Wondering if they're related to the runes somehow.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

here is your answer, posted today some few post before:

undefined

• sirmuonelis
    2 posts

Hi everyone.
    This mystery got me interested. Saw about it in Jayvee video and read all of this long thread. Here are some of my thoughts.

Hallucinating into Asgard still means you are in England. So if the Asgard runes translation done by the @Verendrye is something like "NEED ELK TORCH" and "NEED RIDE" then it means you should get your elk mount, equip torch and ride to specific locations in England. Let's say those locations could be Odin's runes. Maybe during the night those runes start to shine and lead the way when Eivor is near them (maybe with specific outfit also). Doing it during nighttime darkness would refer to the blindness. Remenber that Hermit told Eivor that he was exciled and lost his sight. Moreover in the mythology Odin sacrified his eye for wisdom. So taking torch's light in the night could refer to the wisdom/light.

So this is quite a wild idea, but maybe there is chance that this activates runes. Keep in mind that Noden's Arc mystery also had to be activated during specific time. So why not this one mystery also?

P.s. this sollution would fullfill the requirement of cummunity that mistery should be solved inside the game.

• Shovelator
    156 posts

Without any clues, there are just endles posibilities of what to do... We have nothing to go with but 5 runes on completely random places.
    So far i noticed that when you find an interesting place within the game there is usualy an Opal or Titanium there.
    But here, I dont remember if there was anything close (artifact/mystery/loot) because I only started paying attention after completing all maps.

Given how good the Nodens bow mystery was, I would be really dissapointed that nothing comes out of this.
    And maybe the Noden's bow mystery got us hyped too much and now cant stop thinking "What if there is more to this?"

Would not be the first time a game has done something like this. Remember the Bug jars in Skyrim? 5 jars with bugs inside them and under the lid there were 3 runes. It was nothing in the end.

I think I'll take a break from this search and focus on other unfinished stuff and achievemnts 🙂
    Maybe i find something when least expecting 😛

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 Well that doesn't solve anything, just failed theories. The number 9 is a guess and there is nothing anywhere saying 9 is a clue at all. I'm asking if anyone had maxed out the amount of fireflies collected, or at least got over the 25 that was rumored to give a reward.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@sirmuonelis

Hello sirmuonelis,

I double checked your ideas with Elk at Night with Torch, but no sucess:

1.) Full Berserker Armor set incl. Berserker Axe + Berserker Shield
    undefined

2.) Full Raven Clan Outfit inkl. Varins Axe and Raven Clan Shield:
    undefined

3.) Complete naked:
    undefined

And yes, I was each time riding away to dedress and riding back to the rune to unlock or lock something maybe

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Not me, got only 3 🙂

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 Yeah I got 4. Game Rant posted this article (#6) saying "Any players that do manage to collect twenty-five of them and bring them back to the lake behind their settlement will enjoy a nice surprise." On reddit, players have said they have 25 and more and they've received no such "surprise". Just throwing it out there that maybe it is far end-game and we need to collect all fireflies. Some people say they don't respawn, so it's assumed there are a finite number of fireflies to collect. May not have to do with these runes, but may still be another Valhalla mystery to complete.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Interesting, I will take care and try to check that^^

• indyj11
    3 posts

Has anyone planned a massive organized search of the map? As in we grid off 10x10 cm sections (maybe each territory at a time), measuring from one zoom-out where we can see the lines splitting each territory, and task 2-3 people to search a designated area thoroughly. That way we could have 50-100+ people doing a massive, organized search all at once, while we check off each 10x10 square.

• Assassinofcake
    43 posts

I have 32 firefly and havent got any surprise, though i think its bugged, because i cough 32 high they dont appear all, maybe because i released them at once

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@indyj11

Currently we have not organize such a massive search action. Nobody knows if there is at least 5 runes or additional ones to be find.
    Due to the fact that since 4 days, no new rune was found, we have currently the theory, that there are only 5 available (?) and this could reflect the amount of armor pieces for a full set.
    We eliminated the 9 runes theory or maybe better in other words, we put aside this and concentrate more in trying to interact with the runes like written in this forum post for the last 3 days.
    We cannot check every clue or idea anybody bring up, is too much currently. If there is a clue and someone would like to investigate it has to be really meaningful and promising. Generally, but this does not mean that your massive search idea is not promising... Generally spoken!

As you can see, this thread has more than 500+ comments and every comment can be read, we tried so much and a lot of good ideas and clues. On the end, we have made really good progress and got rid of a lot of clues that didn't lead to anything which is positive for us.
    Think positive 🙂
    From that point of view, we try our best and the core team is working hard to fulfill every clue or checking every hint, but sometimes, we get 10 times the same clue or tip or idea and this is time consuming for us.

Long text, sorry.... But on the end, we have the same goal and try to solve the mystical as quick as we can.
    Thank you

• Elementhyum
    3 posts

@tchester1980
    Where did you find this castle? Isn't there a painting of it in Layla's cabin that

spoiler

comments on?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@elementhyum

Yes, there is a paining in Layla´s house, you´ve right and the story behind you can find some post above.

You can find it here:

spoiler

It looks more or less identical as seen on the picture!

• Assassinofcake
    43 posts

@elementhyum its One of the blue dots, its based on a drawing of a fan who died of cancer

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics