Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• indyj11
    3 posts

@tchester1980 Makes sense, but there's always the possibility that there are indeed more than 5. Two separate threads would probably be easier to keep organized, one for deciphering the runes/puzzle and one dedicated only to a massive search. It's definitely a challenge given the amount of repeated suggestions and ideas!

I was only asking because as of right now, everyone seems to be searching on their own with little knowledge of who's done what or how thoroughly each area has been searched. A massive search, while difficult to organize through online forums, would prevent a lot of redundant searching and allow for thos less regularly traveled areas to receive equal attention.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@assassinofcake

Yes, it´s a really sensible and sad story behind that castle.
    RIP Paola

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@indyj11

I fully agree with you. But for now, the core team taking a short break due to the hard work which all of them has done.
    Maybe we can discuss this some hours or days later.
    I will not say, this is time worsting, I´m open for each clue or hint, but we have to organize and ask all of them!

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

This is a shot in the dark, after talking with Aelfred at the end of the game when he gives his medal, I was going up to the river...Uffenten or Uffendale, I came across Ubba's body, she says"Aelfred was telling the truth,Ubba was killed, and tells him to rest in peace.Ubbas body was about 50 meters from the 4th rune, now my memory is terrible but were there other battles that were next to the other runes?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Do you have any idea whose severed arm is holding Bran's Journal Page at the Roman temple near St. Kenhelm Falls? As far as I can reconstruct this bloody scene, a man was attacked while digging in the temple (for treasure?). His arm was severed, with his hand holding the Journal Page. If you follow the bloody trail, you'll first see a severed leg, and finally the headless body lying under a tree. It seems to me that the body lies on top of a bag which seems to contain a greenish object. (Maybe I need higher resolution textures....) Possibly the man was attacked by the same lynxes that attacked me, but do they decapitate someone? It could be bandits.

Isn't this simply Bran's body? Did he try his luck one last time, only to meet his fate? What - if anything - is the greenish object? Is it perhaps the cursed Mask of Janus, that Bran found at long last but killed both him and his brother Dafydd?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

Uff, good question. I don´t know. Has not currently in my mind where all fights was.
    Keep in mind, the Ubba fight was a non quest fight. He decided to fight alone to the Aelfred military without Eivor, or?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I will check that on my PC, give me second

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

So, for me he look not so like your description. For me, he has still all arms and legs on the body and also his head right to its place.
    I also cannot see any bag under him.
    This green item / stuff what you mean, I interpret it as a leaf from the forest, next to him is a similar one:

undefined

But, let´s think further your idea.... If this is the fault of Bandits, where is the next bandit camp of them? Just north above on the hill?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Found a bandit camp next to the bath house:

No. 1 is the bath house where we found the letter and the death body, No. 2 is the bandit camp:

undefined

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Weird... Mine looks a bit different now from earlier, but still headless.

undefined

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

But completely with all arms and legs, so, where should be the other body from the arm.
    And, I cannot see in my AC:V this leg where you talking about. I see only the arm with the Bran letter in the hand

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Hanging next to the camp. Looks normal, but wear a solder helmet:

undefined

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 It's halfway the letter and the corpse, near a rock:

undefined

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Ok, but where is the body?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 And now with head and a severed arm (I checked close-up, really severed), moments after the previous picture without head but with arms...

undefined

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 The corpse is just to right in the picture. Just follow the blood trail from the severed arm to the corpse. There's a lot of blood also around the leg. And although the corpse changes all the time here, the arm and the leg are just there all the time.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Strange.... In the one Bandit camp was nothing. Just go on the hill and will clear Thieves Warren again, for maybe my 10th time^^

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Okay, the corpse is definitely glitched here. Now, after fast travelling back and forth, the corpse has a head with blonde hear (no cap as before) and two complete arms, while wearing different clothes. It keeps changing. I don't know what it should look like, but the blood trail from the temple (starting at the location of the shovel) suggests that the severed arm and the severed leg belong to this body.

To sum up: Someone was digging for treasure in the temple. That someone was attacked and either fled while bleeding heavily, or was dragged away, (literally) losing an arm and a leg in the process. The body was left lying under the tree. The attackers could very well have been lynxes that roam about here. The decapitation is probably a glitch.

The severed arm was holding Bran's Journal Page. The simplest explanation is that this someone is Bran.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

But I dare to explain the reason, as he said in the 3rd letter that he has run out of food and that his knees hurt, that´s why he come home!
    I'm not sure any of these are Bran. Does not fit the process

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I know, that's what confuses me too. A more complicated solution is that this someone is a bandit who killed Bran, took his note (possibly buried him with an expensive medallion!?), and then went to the temple and started digging for treasure. Does that make more sense? Not to me.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics