ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@drunknbeanbagn The only inscription in Vinland I'm currently aware of is the Ogham-inscription of Brendan associated with the standing stones there. This is to be expected.

It would be nice for the Irish if a real 'Brendan was here'-inscription in the Ogham-alphabet was found in the Americas... 🙂

• azullFR
    2050 posts

@hroozenbeek
    You're totally right, I misunderstood, sorry
    I can delete the post if you think it will cause problems or if you want 🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@azullfr No, it's okay. The link you provided can be an interesting read for some people. Have fun playing the game and if you happen to find anything out of the ordinary (such as mysterious runes), report it here. 🙂

• azullFR
    2050 posts

@hroozenbeek
    @Tchester1980
    I was wondering if there is any quest involving collecting coins in the world, caus' I'm really thinking there is a link with "medaillons"
    1rst : Collecting
    undefined

2nd : Mini Coin to collect (not visible here) + kind of "medaillon"undefined

3rd : a "medaillon" with "engraved black circles"
    undefined

I found and "localized" the 2 you already know ( glowercestrescire and Ledecestrescire ) but I'm pretty sure to have seen a third... but where ?
    🙂

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

I was in the cartopaghers cabin earlier looking at the cave journals an noticed a raven on a map like the alliance map, could that be the marker for the cave, next to the the second page

• azullFR
    2050 posts

@azullfr
    Crop on "engraved" black circles :
    undefined

• nash_trickster
    48 posts

@wilfinn I've looked into this (as I have no doubt many others did) and did not find anything in the area. Feel free to check anyway, but know that the same map, with the raven in the exact same place, can be found in other places, like on a table in the fort on the western side of Hadrian's Wall and thus is a "common asset" and most likely not a clue...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I think that this note just tells a tragic story of someone who tried to do what he had dreamt about: climbing to the top and flying to heaven, only to plummet into the lake below. There is a body in the water with some loot, isn't there?

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

@hroozenbeek thank you both for your input, because iv practically done all aport from two fishing deliveries iv got no markers on my map so I I'm just scanning the map all over again looking for possible cave runes mystery u could of missed

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@azullfr Nice zoom-in. There's even more detail there than I ever realized! The black circles now seem less out of place.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@azullfr "But where?" That's a question we hear a lot around here... 😉 Could you give some directions to the location of the statue with the coin? Because I have that same question: Where was it again?

• azullFR
    2050 posts

@hroozenbeek
    there are several places with these coins :

Statue Essexe :
    Coin :
    undefined

Statue :
    undefined

Map :
    undefined
    Just outside of a cave with a bugged (for some) mystery 😉

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@hroozenbeek Fun fact: When I entered the crypt in Eurvicscire to examine the scene of Kulf's death, Eivor began to levitate. Another glitch...

• azullFR
    2050 posts

@hroozenbeek
    Collectible coins : another place :

Coins :
    undefined

Interaction :
    undefined

Map:
    undefined

🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@azullfr Merci beaucoup! I checked out both places. I don't think that there is more to it than meets the eye. There is a number of locations where you can find silver coins lying around, sometimes a lot of them. I think the 'medallions' are also silver coins.

• azullFR
    2050 posts

@hroozenbeek
    I really don't know what to think about these "collect coins"...
    For the moment I don't take the little coins, only silver, in case of ...
    I just take screenshots to locate them, will soon need a larger drive :))
    Nice day, or night to you 🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

That said, I did find another Ogham-inscription I didn't know about in the Old Cellar. I must have seen it when I played the associated quest, but at the time I did not pay attention to them. And especially not to this one, because the translation is (apparently) already provided. It concerns the Horn of Brân Galed from the North, one of the tablets needed to get Excalibur. (Brân, not Bran...)

The Thirteen Treasures of Britain have not been made up by Ubisoft. It's a 'real' Welsh legend. Ubisoft did change some of the actual treasures, but the Horn of Brân Galed is an original one. (To be exact: in the game, the treasures were supposed to have been replaced at some time by tablets representing them.)

I have not yet been able to check if the inscription indeed corresponds to the provided translation. I had some trouble transcribing the text (with a brick wall as background) from the screenshots I took, but I'm afraid that even if I succeed in transcribing the text I will not be able to translate it. This will be far beyond my language skills. Nevertheless, I will try again tomorrow to see how far I can come. (I guess I should at least be able to read Brân's name somewhere.) In any case, it's a different text from the ones we've seen before.

undefined

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Yes you´ve maybe right. In the lake near the letter there is a body on the ground. So it could be that he never met Archangel Michel but died instead in that lake after climping to the top of the mountain.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I found in the same cave also a "huge" Oghim message. Was hard to take a picture but this is the best I can do:
    Note:
    I have rotated the picture by 90° counterwise to get better maxed out the texture due to shaders!

undefined

Looks different for me and I think, here is not written "Bran was here".... And also, a message comes with this:

undefined

If you need the exact location to make a better picture:
    Enter the secret entry of the cave thru the small gap in the wall and make your way thru the labyrinth to the marked spot on my map:

undefined

So, if you have some spare time, it would be helpful if you can translate this. Many thanks!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Thanks! You said the "same cave", but yours is the Cavern of Trials in Cent, whereas mine was the Old Cellar in Essexe. At first glance it looks like the Chessboard-text is identical to the Horn-text, but I will check that in more detail later. Maybe another texture reused, but in that case it's even more fun and interesting to find out what it says. It's not just gibberish, because Antoine Henry has confirmed that "all the inscriptions in Ogham in the game are actual Primitive Irish".

We've never gotten around to check all the caves of the Treasures of Britain for Ogham-texts, but it seems that they all have an inscription, maybe the same one (except at least for the Arthur-text in Myrddin's Cave), but we won't know until we check them all. 🙂

Suggested Topics