Quick Suggestions

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@verendrye Try everything 😄
    lets hope something works.

and thank you!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@pascalpalace At least the man with the staves (Long Man of Wilmington) and the horse (Uffington White Horse?) are real hill figures. I don't know if the serpent also has a real counterpart.

The horse has an additional detail: a chalk dot on a hilltop just a short distance from the main figure. (It's in the lower left of the picture here.) I don't know yet if this a detail added by Ubisoft or not.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@pascalpalace I will try to check your transcriptions. And the translations as far as I can.

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@hroozenbeek nice !
    the dot is a small stone circle.
    could be something, could be nothing.

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@hroozenbeek Thank you very much !
    Because I'm not sure if the Transcribtion is 100% correct !

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@pascalpalace

Absolute crazy what you have found out. Hopefully we will find anything there with your theory!
    Crazy really. Wow, respect!

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@tchester1980 lets wait and see if its really leading to something but thank you ! 😄

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@hroozenbeek Like i said, all the chalk figures have hoard treasures. The dot is where the treasure is 🙂

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@verendrye weren't in those small stonecircles pieces of opal ? i can't remember really.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@pascalpalace This hill is a real location too: Dragon Hill: "Dragon Hill is a low flat-topped mound situated in the valley below the White Horse. In legend it is the place where St George slew the dragon, its blood spilling on the hilltop and leaving forever a bare white patch where no grass can grow. Some suggest that the horse is a representation of St George's steed or even of the slain dragon itself."

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@pascalpalace

No, only at the head and the body. Not on the stone circle!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

I don´t think so. That is not true. Only 2 opals are there positioned, but ....

spoiler

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

The proximity of the fort of Uffentune (where the 4th rune has been found) to the White Horse and Dragon Hill reflects the actual situation. In-game Uffentune is real Uffington Castle: "The castle is an impressive Iron Age hill fort, once protected by timber walls on top of the surviving banks and ditches, and faced with sarcen stones. It is likely that the tribe who created the White Horse once lived within this hill fort. The entrance to the hill fort was via the Northwest, protected by an earthen passageway that would have been further protected by wood. The castle was excavated in 1850 when evidence of the wooden structure was found, along with an Iron Age coin of the Dobunni tribe. Some researchers believe that the castle marks the site of the battle of Badon, Arthur's great victory over the Saxons. This is probably due to the important strategic position of the castle close to the Ridgeway. There is little evidence to suggest this is the case."

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@hroozenbeek sorry i don't get it 😄
    why is this info about this fortress so important?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

All three hill figures have entries in the Codex: Hwithors (real White Horse of Uffington), Long Man (real Long Man of Wilmington) and Aeld Wyrm. I have not yet found a real world counterpart to Aeld Wyrm. The codex describes the figure as a snake ("probably an appeal to some forgotten god"), but a "wyrm" is also a dragon. (Tolkien often uses "worm" to describes dragons in his books.)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@pascalpalace I don't know if it's important. Just trying to find an angle to look at these things. Maybe the developers just copied the real world situation, maybe they deliberately included these elements. And it may or may not be coincidence that the 4th rune has been found at the fort. And sooner or later all legends in England mention Arthur. 😉

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 I just went to the Horse figure, to the dot with the stone circle and uncovered a hoard treasure.

Also yes, all the chalk figures have opal

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Ok, I was wrong, there is a treasure hoard. Sorry for that! I swapped it
    So, from that point of view, do you all think, the stone circle ha an additional function?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Just found this on Twitter:

You can download the book as PDF and there are a lot of secrets written, also some background maybe about the Odin´s Rune, I have to read it in detail:

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Well, as the stone circle has a real world counterpart (Dragon Hill) and has already been used in-game as the location of a hoard treasure, I don't think that there is much more to it. It would be a cool location, though, if you look at the stories about it.

The hill figure of the serpent has (as far as I've been able to find) no real world counterpart, but maybe the developers just wanted to add another cool hill figure. As far as I've seen, all the real hill figures are either humans or horses.

Suggested Topics