Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 The orientation of the East Anglia altar towards rune 5 is too close a match to ignore, I think. That makes three altars, two runes.

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@tchester1980 Oh, i see, sorry i must have missed that post

Im drawing lines in directions of altar holes. I have 3 altars left to map, but so far there doesn't seem to be a corelation...
    undefined

I have to add runes and altar locations on map. But first i have to remember how we numbered the runes 🙂

Also, missing the angle by verry little can have big difference in where the lines meet...

• nash_trickster
    48 posts

Just an idea I just had while thinking on the sentence: "lines that can only be seen at a specific time" could mean shadows, maybe at sunrise, midday or sunset. Given that Ubisoft put some effort into having us discover sunset as the specific time to break the rock to get Noden's Bow, maybe it's the same time we need to use in this case... Thus, the shadows (lines) would always point East.

And with the "only in Britannia" part, we can rule out anything that also appears in Norway/Vinland... (I'll leave out Asgard and Jotunheim since both are just "in Eivor's mind") Altars and Standing Stones come to mind...

I don't know what to make of this trend of thought (yet?) but someone else might, at least I'd have particpated in the brainstorming 😉

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

Use this map for the runes:

undefined

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Ok, take this to the note. 3 Altars and 2 runes.... The other runes we will now put aside (mental).

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@tchester1980 Thanks!

Well, here is the map:

undefined

The red dot represents the location of the altar and the arrow represents Eivor's direction when hanging from the hole at the side where there are runes.
    Tbh, i dont know what to make of this...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@shovelator

First, thank you for sharing it with us. Great job 🙂
    Let´s see... we have to look further into your picture to see maybe something...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator Great job! Are you certain the back of the Glowescestrescire altar is oriented towards rune 2?

It looks like a little bit off, but very close, maybe comparable to the orientation of the East Anglia altar to rune 5.

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@tchester1980 No problem 🙂

@hroozenbeek Yup, just went and checked again

And thanks to you both 🙂

Runes 1,2 and 5 seem to align best (acounting for errors in estimating altar orientation)
    Rune 4 is close to the glowcestreshire altar, but that one already belongs to rune 2. The Essexe altar points in the direction of rune 4 though
    Rune 3 has the biggest offset

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shovelator I think rune 1 only seems to align because of its proximity to the Grantebridgescire altar. It is as much off as rune 4 as seen from the Glowecestrescire altar.

We must certainly allow for some margin of error, but I personally think the orientation of the Sciropescire altar to rune 5 and that of the Essexe altar to rune 4 are the best match, followed by the orientation of the East Anglia altar to rune 5 and that of the Glowecestrescire altar to rune 2.

The Grantebridgescire altar is, however, fairly accurately oriented towards the Ledecestrescire altar, more so than towards rune 1. The East Anglia altar is also more or less oriented towards the same altar.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

I don´t know what will be the next. I think, this is not a coincidence that 2 altars (maybe 3) points to a rune.
    Clearly the fact, from this altar a line leads to the certain rune.
    I dont think that we have to forward the line until it will cross another line. That´s too much in my opinion. Have to use what is in front of us not enlarge a line for a crossing which is far away.

Today, it was a pleasure for me to play and search for additional answers with you all. Thank you very much!
    See you tomorrow and hope, we will go on and find more answers.

Thanks again

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I feel the same. There seems to be something here, even though we have not yet grasped it fully. Thank you all and see you tomorrow!

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@hroozenbeek Agreed.

It was fun finding something new to chase 🙂

Other mysteries had some stories/rewards to them, but I dont remember altars having any story related to them. Therefore offering altars seem to be a good candidate for another mystery...

I think there was some monolgue from Eivor when first discovering an altar/making an offering, but i might be wrong. Have to load an older save and try it out.

Alpha animal: Trophies in longhouse
    Cairns: Eivor and Sigurd converstions as children
    Lost drengr: Ragnar Lothbrok (confirmed, that there is a missing cutscene)
    Standing stones: Brendan
    Animus anomalies: Isu version of Ragnarok
    Daughter of Lerion: Thor's set + Story of Lerion
    Flything: Charisma increase
    Fly Argalic: ??? Some trippy visions. Could this be related to Fairy rings? (superstitious belief that rings of mushrooms are portals to other dimensions iirc)
    Offering stones: ??? (1+ skill points)

Out of artifacts, only Rigsogur fragments and cursed symbols dont give rewards. Masks, papers and hoards all give customization rewards.

The assassin's berau also has a cool mystery with locating the body of Vitus.

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@nash_trickster That is a solid idea, could be worth checking out. Stonehenge is believed to be an ancient calendar (depending on shadows somehow), so there is that..

Only question is, what to do with the shadows 😄
    Like you said, they would all point the same way anyway

• MissM16
    213 posts

Hold on guys....

I saw a post here (I will look later to give him credit) drawing the Scorpio constellation over Odin's runes. I have some limited knowledge of astrology constellations so I've been exploring that idea. I looked at our skill tree, and yes, Scorpio is depicted in our skill tree (under Wolf). I skimmed the thread just now and recognized something else...

For those that don't recognize it, it's the Leo constellation. And yes, Leo is indeed depicted in our skill tree as well (under Raven).

I'm working on a clearer map of the Scorpio overlay on the rune map. Might be worth something. I'll be back shortly with possible locations we can look for more runes or letters or any clues.

The Leo Constellation has 9 stars in its system. The Scorpio Constellation has 15 stars.

• MissM16
    213 posts

I can't find the person that posted 😢

If this turns out to be a worthwhile theory, please help me find him to give him credit. This is the pic he posted...

• MissM16
    213 posts

Scorpio Constellation

It might not be 100% accurate but I think it's too close to dismiss as a coincidence. Might be worth checking under those stars...

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

I may have a lead on the east anglia rune (MAYBE) after walking around the lake I walked on these cracks and they made the exact same sound as you walk on the rune so maybe it has something to do with activating it. (Also I am new to this thread)

• nash_trickster
    48 posts

@shovelator

Was awaken by an idea (yes, my brain just won't stop even while I'm sleeping)...

Since the altar stones have a hole, maybe the "specific time" is when the sun shines through it? And whatever the direction of the shadow at that moment would give us one of these lines which are "hard to see"?

There might also be a point in time when the sun, shining through the hole, hits a specific point hence activating a prompt of some kind?

If no one feels like staying a whole in-game day at one of the altars just to check this, I will do so on monday... (And if anyone feels like trying, I'd start with one of those that clearly point to a rune, just because...)

• DrunknBeanBagn
    4 posts

Any of these near the animus glitches where Layla enters the game? Maybe finding them post finish playing as basim/loki would open something

Suggested Topics