Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@azullfr No I don't remember a body. But my XP triggered near the cave at the rune.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Another thing, the grass in front of the Hamtunscire rune has blue paint on it. This may be a graphical glitch, or it implies that someone in the current time is painting these runes blue. Something that comes to mind is, for the Swordfish fishing quests, the title says "Cosmetics: Tove says that fish scales can be used to make some sort of ink and needs some urgently." Since nobody can collect all the fish to complete the challenge, I wonder if this is connected?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

When I read your findings regarding colors and painting, I remember the Odin´s quest poem:

Hidden Runes shalt thou seek and interpreted signs,
    many symbols of might and power,
    by the great Singer painted, by the high Powers fashioned,
    graved by the Utterer of gods.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

This is, when I try to click on the 4th rune on the map. in red circle is marked my mouse click and you can clearly see, where the map marking will be positioned. I cannot find anything there only the camp (don´t want to spoil what there is....)

undefined

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 Mine is never on the West side of the river. I'm 1080p btw. Just wondering if direct pixel translation. But still, has somebody noticed this before? There are lots of posts now and it's hard to keep track.

• MissM16
    213 posts

@azullfr

That's so weird. I received 2 skill points approaching a corpse on Hamtunscire's beach. I got them just as I approached his camp. If it's the same corpse we're talking about, he has a camp on the beach. The corpse is right on the shore halfway in the water the waves lapping at his body.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

For me, this happens only on the rune 4 spot. Also like shown in your YT clip, the area on the rune is also shadowed for me (black shadow) and by scrolling more in, it faded out.... The same I have also.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

You know what you have found there in the camp? I would not like to spoiler it^^

• MissM16
    213 posts

@tchester1980

Just some silver.

I haven't finished the game yet either. Main story or side quests so I assumed the corpse is part of a mystery I haven't done yet. But I got the skill points by not doing anything. Just walking up to the camp and corpse.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

Ok, so you will know on a later time what this camp is....

• MissM16
    213 posts

Also, I can confirm setting yourself on fire to appease the rune does nothing...

The rune was still just... there. Mocking me.

Tell no one I did this. I'm ashamed.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@missm16 Don't be ashamed! Many of us tried this. I did too. But, well, my Eivor was fully dressed. So maybe you ought to be ashamed! 😉

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@missm16 lol a lot of us have done that, and more. I went as far as killing a civilian, carried the body and placed it on the rune, then burnt it. Same for my elk. Tried enemy soldier too. Couldn't figure out how to kill myself on one though. The things I've done in the name of Odin's Runes..

• MissM16
    213 posts

@hroozenbeek

I stripped him because I built him like a ginger beast tank! Would have taken him forever to die...

• MissM16
    213 posts

@el_t_us

You had me in tears (laughing) when you killed your poor elk.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kenpachihro The runes on the rock outside the cabin with the Animus are an easter egg for a real set of runes found in the Aya Sofia in Istanbul (the Halfdan-runes). Like Rig and Sigurd in the game, many real Vikings visited Constantinople (now Istanbul) to trade there or to offer their services as a guard to the Byzantine emperor. In the game, the runes outside the cabin with the Animus must apparently be interpreted as saying 'Eivor was here'.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@missm16 Yes, that's why my attempt failed. The fire did nothing to my Eivor in full armor.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@missm16

Mega LOOOOOL. Setting yourself on fire. I think, your favorite music is Ramstein: Ein Mensch brennt 🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Or Bruce Springsteen, I'm on fire...

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@missm16 Hi,

Oh, thats alright.

Are you on Playstation, PC or xbox? I am on playstation, and if you are too, we could use PSMessages.

If not, we can find other communication methods.

I dont think the pigeon will work fast enough though... 😁

Suggested Topics