Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

undefined

The blue circle is the Rune. Go to the red circle area and there will be a small depression for Eivor to go into...it's only a small step down. You'll see that there is a small crack where you can squeeze your camera into. Once you're in there, go to the right, down and to the right again (roughly...hard to describe moving in 3D). From there you'll go through a small tunnel that opens up in to a massive cave.

Nothing really of any note back there as it's very similar to the cave behind the rune in Suthsexe...but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@squzi3489 How do you glitch behind the rune?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@squzi3489 Glitch Eivor through the rune?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us & @SuperGamer7829

I think, he glitched the camera in and not Eivor, or did I misunderstand it now?
    All the 2 caves behind or next to these 2 runes are in my opinion not meant to just glitch in.
    It could also be that these caves are just the result of moddeling or programming and we interpret them as caves due to the design which will be shown to us.
    When you go out of the south rune cave, you can clearly see on the rock, that there is a textures which normally will close this hole and it is interrupt or broken in some kind.

I hope, I´m wrong with that!

[*Dream Mode on: the south cave will release on a special moment a big huge treasure chest with a 5 piece armor set, an 1-hand sword, an unicorn horse and maybe a lot of silver coins.... *Dream mode off*]

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@supergamer7829 Somewhere in this thread I posted this screenshot of what I saw in the cave behind the Hamtunscire rune:

undefined

What looks like a gate may not be a gate, of course.

A similar (glitched) cave (apart from the one behind the south coast rune) can also be found in Asgard, behind one of the statues in the Well of Urdr:

undefined

Don't go into the light! 😉

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I agree that the 'caves' near the Uffentune and south coast runes are not meant to be normally accessible. But they do seem to be there by design, although probably unfinished (abandoned at some point during the development process?). I don't know of any other glitched 'caves' at other, 'ordinary' locations, but I haven't looked for them. The access to the glitched cave in the Well of Urdr is obviously there by design and well-finished, even though the cave itself is heavily glitched, even more so than the 'rune caves'.

Let's see if the developers have changed anything in these three locations when the long-awaited patch/update will go live.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

You mean, after the patch I will get my unicorn?

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@supergamer7829 From what I know, these glitchy caves were confirmed to be, well, nothing but glitches unfortunately.

@Tchester1980 Hopefully this thursday they will get you a unicorn 😊

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@pattisondom in the Well of Urdr all the letters are written by Loki, he is the one who wanted to go to Midgard with his son.

If someone had to hide something, that would be Loki hiding his son

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

.... or Odin wants to hide Midgard for Loki to avoid him entering Midgard with his son.....

Femal Eivor needs urgently this unicorn, you know.... is just very feminine

• Storasys
    17 posts

@tchester1980 but doesn't asgard only exist in Eivors imagination? The Illusionary runes are in the "real" world, just like the Isu civilization was. So, why should the isu try to prevent Loki from entering midgard if there is no division in midgard and asgard?

And if anyone deserves a unicorn, it is you, so.... die Daumen sind gedrückt 😉

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@storasys

That´s all knows only UBISOFT..... I don´t know but I think, there is something to this theory. ...
    But wasn't there a dialogue in Asgard where it was mentioned that they (the ISU) must try everything possible so that Loki and his son do not get to Midgard? I think it was in the first part of Asgard
    Am I wrong now or was there anything like that?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Either you'll get your unicorn, or not. 😉 Maybe the glitched entrances to the caves will be fixed (sealed off) and that will be the end of it. Who knows?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Yes, I remember that too. It's an interesting clue.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

A side-note, unrelated to our main topic of solving mysteries, but prompted by some remarks that have been made in this thread before.

In Valhalla, we have (as far as I know) inscriptions in three different scripts and three associated languages:

(1) Roman (Latin) inscriptions, which have been faithfully copied from actual Roman inscriptions found in Britain (most of them funerary texts). As far as I'm aware, they are just there for decorative purposes in appropriate locations. Some of them have been reused in different locations.

(2) Primitive Irish inscriptions in the Ogham-alphabet. We have discovered three different texts in multiple locations. These texts have been designed specifically for Valhalla and are relevant in their in-game (Celtic) context, although we are yet unsure about the translation of one of these texts; the meaning of the other two texts (regarding Brendan of Clonfert and king Arthur) is clear. For creative reasons, some of the texts (textures) have been mirrored, reversed, truncated, or pasted together. (We may find more of these texts in the upcoming DLC 'Wrath of the Druids'.)

(3) Inscriptions in some runic script (both in-game and elsewhere, such as the game's welcome screen). Although some of these inscriptions contain actual Old Norse texts in the appropriate Younger Futhark runic script, in many cases the texts can't be transcribed and/or translated and (apparently) contain nothing but gibberish in a mixed-up combination of several runic scripts (Elder and Younger Futhark, maybe other runic scripts too). In a Viking game, this is somewhat of a disappointment. With a little bit more effort, they could have made this much more authentic. The contrast with (1) and (2) is striking.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Can confirm to your point (3). They have not invest more effort on this and have neglected the actual runic language of the Vikings. Which disappointed me a little. If you've looked at the Vikings series and The Last Kingdom series, you know how important the actual runes were for the warriors, seers and their whole culture!

Hopefully in the DLC is more about that to find!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

There is a YT clip from Access the animus regarding the "The Seeds of Odin's and Loki's Conflict".
    Maybe there we will find more information:

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Would you like to hear my opinion regarding these caves?
    This is not wanted and just a bug / glitch that you can see it via Photo Mod and even get into it in the south cave at rune #2

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

My Eivor´s face after receiving the unicorn mount:

undefined

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

@tchester1980

what unicorn mount?

Suggested Topics