Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Concratulations for finishing your exam period. Hopefully you passed them all?
    Your face:

undefined

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@hroozenbeek Not necessarily. It was known that people would use variants of these runesets, and also throw in nonsense to hide the true meanings, like secret messages. https://www.arild-hauge.com/esecreter.htm
    But runes evolve, and change, so maybe this is Valhalla's own custom runes, created just for this game.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Here is Eivor in runes. Maybe it'll help those that are translating.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 Hahahah thats definetly my face!!! Yes, thank you for asking, I passed them all, no problem here, its just that Im incredibly tired!

Its so good to be free again 🙂

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@el_t_us what in the heavens runic system is that??? This means the runes have meaning, but Ubisoft used their own customised runes. These are not corresponding to the normal equivalents!

Do you have more of such examples? We need to note down the meaning Ubisoft gave them. Maybe this way, the runes tell us something!

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@verendrye I found this in the 'Fans Pack' that you can download from the Rewards section in Ubisoft connect. This is the only image with runes.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@verendrye

Also runes in the start screen in the game (outher diameter, hard to see):

undefined

If you play on PC, search the picture here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Valhalla

It´s called: splashscreen.PNG

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@tchester1980 Yeah but those don't have a translation (directly from Ubisoft). People have "translated" it, but really just got close enough to know it is some poem.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@el_t_us

Ok!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Hm.... BugiSoft is back...........What´s going on here?

undefined

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

@tchester1980
    I think "This section is empty" is a really good symbolic description of this whole "Odin Runes" mystery.
    You guys are hunting for a ghost of unfinished/bugged content -_-

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@tchester1980 I also got this 'daily selection'. I believe its the best so far!!! Bought it immediately! 🤣

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@el_t_us this is very weird. We only got snippets of the runic system used by Ubisoft, but not enough to translate... why would they use a totally different meaning?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Did they change something today? Any patch or updates on the runes?

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@tchester1980 Daily Selection has been fixed. No updates on runes, patches, etc.. Avenge Challenge was removed and replaced with 100 Assassinations challenge.undefined

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@theeelf

Yeah, got it now also.... after weekly challenge reset, no daily item at Reda was shown for me, now, I can also see the shield!
    Thank you

• Alaniata
    5 posts

hold up, I just had a thought. Just joined in so maybe you already thought this:
    The runes symbolize illusion and shapeshifting.
    The master of shapeshifting is Loke, who shifts and haves children - one of the turningpoints of the game is one of those children.
    There are giant drawings around England AND when you "mouseover" the sound changes. These drawings are of Lokes children.
    There is a snake, Jormundgandr, The World serpent.
    There is a horse, Sleipner.
    There is a "man" that could be Hel the ruler of Hel.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@alaniata Hello and welcome to the thread! Actually, the chalk figures represent indeed a snake, a horse and a man holding 2 staves. Indeed, one of them could be Jormungandr (whose bones we can find also in Vinland, Suthsexe and in the past 2 AC's, Origins and Odyssey), the other could be Odin's horse (as according to the myth), and the last one could be either Thor or Odin (Thor bc he kills Jormungandr, Odin because he has 2 staves).

But, these are pure speculations, as we dont hold enough info within the game (We recommend everyone to look for clues within the game, not outside).

Hopefully the next patch will either fix what needs to, so we can solve the mystery, or await the first DLC, as they could be DLC related. Until then, we keep exploring to gather as much data as we can find!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@verendrye It's good to keep in mind that both the horse and the man with the staves are actual hill figures in southern England (the Uffington White Horse and the Long Man of Wilmington respectively). The serpent figure, however, does not really exist, as far as I know.

• azullFR
    1741 posts

@tchester1980
    just an advice for all :
    The shield Ursine Guard is free for all if you have 60 U-point at UbiConnect, you will get the complete set and 2 bonus "missions" (Berserker - Beowulf)
    Nice day to all 🙂

Suggested Topics