Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ssjgoku2k420
    Original poster 15 posts

This is so damn annoying. I can't believe they didn't fix it in the new update. I have no map so I can't fast travel. My HUD is totally gone. This is on PS4 and I'm 89 hours into this game. There is no freaking way I'm starting this over. Get it together! Nothing like spending $100 on an unplayable game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2906 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for disappearing HUD during "Road to Hamartia" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with the HUD following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Cnb370
    1 posts

During Road to Hamartia on PS4, unable to access world map - just shows menu not available.

No compass at top of screen in game and no prompts to interact with world. I can still loot/eat but the triangle doesn't appear.

When I load a previous save the same issue happens. I have uninstalled and did not solve the issue ... any ideas?

• guest-AQfhbaaJ
    1 posts

Hey there! As of 12/05/2020, I was about 70 hours into Valhalla and I was playing the Halfdan Ragnarsson arc. HUGE bug when I went to help Halfdan find his spy. The second I found him, I couldn't go further in that quest at all. I was able to do Faravids, BUT in order to go further in, I simply couldn't. My navigation bar disappeared, couldn't fast travel, wasn't able to exit simulation and my map wasn't available. I deleted and re installed the game with cloud files saved, but the glitch still exists in that part of the game. Thank you!

• guest-8QUVTcyI
    1 posts

I am in the middle of the "This Son of Jorvik" quest and it will not let me continue. I tried reloading the game multiple times and when it loads I can not open the map or any other objects. Also it won't even show my health or stamina bar at all. The platform I am using is a PS4.

• ssjgoku2k420
    Original poster 15 posts

@r0gu3ptm Yeah man I hear ya. I've lost my map and my HUD. I can't interact with any NPC's. It's such a bummer. 89 hours in...

• Amberettosours
    1 posts

I no longer have a hud. I started the quest "Road to Hamartia" . It went into a cut scene and after the scene was over my hud was gone. I have zero access to the map, it says menu unavailable. Out of map, my compass is gone, I don't have a health bar, I can't see any abilities, I don't know how much arrows are in my quiver. I can't use the dpad to call for a raid, or a torch, or my horse. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game... nothing

• danwilkins92
    2 posts

I have an issue on Road to Hamartia chapter 3. I have been to save the lady from the people and then went to halfdan after to find his scout/spy down at the water with the ruins. I found his scout/spy dead and picked up his body and carried it back like I was prompted. When I placed his body on the ground like it told me to do nothing happened. I decided to go to Jorvik to continue the other part of the mission which I managed to complete with no issues until I completed that part. When I completed it I came out of the cutscene outside the building and my compass was missing on the top of the screen I then tried to select my map and this didn’t work also it just says (menu not available) and I cannot continue even by trying to select follow road on a horse back. I get no prompts on screen at all. I managed to select follow road to go back to my main camp but I couldnt speak to NPC’s or do anything. This happened quite a while ago when people were first experiencing issues on this level so I waited for a patch update. The first one came and went in December with no fix to my issue I decided to wait for the next patch meaning that I missed all of the Yule festival but I knew another patch would come. Today I have updated with the latest patch and again this fault is still not fixed. I’m very annoyed as I have put already 60 hours into this game but I cannot continue. Please let me know what can be done

• safa69
    8 posts

@ubi-woofer hi , I've come across a different glitch in the same mission . I went and rescued the scout from on top of the pillars . Once I dropped the scout in the floor he just stood there . So I went and completed other side mission . I came back and he was still glitched. From my experience if I ran into any bugs I typically kill myself and start over ,in this case my game entirely broke . I can't access map . Can't fast travel . Can't do missions. Can't see HUD . Can't see the cross hair of my arrow . If I tried to go back to any previous saved game they all seem to be glitched too . Now how does 1 mission have 2 bugs that break the game . The solution I see is simple, add a restart mission option or removed the mission from the game . My game is probably corrupted as a whole now and I can't do anything. Looking at other peoples comments this bugs has been around for almost 3 months now . Its disappointing how this hasn't been addressed.

• xwickedlyx
    3 posts

Seems that even a latest patch has come out and promised to solve the road to Hamartia quest, still those who have the issue and been stuck in it can’t find a way to resolve it. Re loading to older saves don’t solve the problem. Cant fast travel and Hub is starting to fade away.

In my menu, the World tab shows as Menu not available. On the regular gameplay, many of the hubs have disappeared.

• ARojas45
    2 posts

I am playing on xbox and am in the same quest line but my issue is different. I have lost all my HUD options including my world map, compass and abolities to call raids or put on my cloak. I cant do anything. I installed the patch as well and nothing has changed.

• safa69
    8 posts

@arojas45 welcome to the club , I have the same problem on ps5 . 80+hours and can't do a thing

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I've gathered a few reports that the HUD has began to disappear/is missing following the quest "Road to Hamartia." As this issue is slightly different to Halfdan not helping you to force open the door, I felt it was best to open a new thread about the issue so we can keep all the information about this investigation in one place 😊

Please be assured that the development team is aware of this issue and they are currently investigating further. At this moment in time, they have been unable to reproduce the issue on their end. To assist in the investigation, they would like to gather the following information from players:

• What were you doing before they encountered this?
    • What features are unavailable to you?
    • What quest is currently active?
    • Can you please send any images or, preferably, a video that shows this issue in-game?

Additionally, the development team would like to collect the save files of affected players. If you play the game on PC/PS4, could you please open a support ticket and submit your save file for investigation. Once you've opened a support ticket, please can you share your ticket number within the thread, so we can ensure the data is passed on for investigation.

We apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused, and thank you all for your patience as we take a closer look at this issue.

Official Response
  • safa69
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi Mate, as i have mentioned before but i will explain again . i went to Halfdan when he is paranoid . he said there is a scout on top of the pillar i went grab the scout and carried him and dropped him by halfdan. once i dropped the scout , the scout stood up and did nothing . no dialogue , no interaction just nothing . i went and did other side quests hoping once i came back then something must of change . nothing happened the scout and halfdan just standing there doing nothing . i killed my self , than that's when everything hit the fan. No HUD , no access to world map , cant fast travel . cant see health , cant even do side missions if i wanted do once i found them while roaming like a headless chicken . cant interact with NPC , in some case in my previous saved filed , which all got corrupted with the bug , the NPC don't even appear anymore . whole game is not working . All previous saved data corrupted . i am playing on ps5 so i cant transfer my saved file unfortunately but if you need anything im happy to share , i just want this bug fixed .

• Ubi-Borealis

@safa69 - Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions for me, and for sharing your experience 😊 Would you be able to send any images or provide a video that shows your HUD has vanished, so we can add this to your report? Thanks!

Official Response
  • safa69
    8 posts
    • @ubi-borealis I have opened a case (13820968) . in that case file i have attached my youtube link where you can see that the HUD , map , health and everything else isn't there . hope this helps. any more information needed ?

• Ubi-Borealis

@safa69 - Thanks for sharing your case number! I've now passed on your video to the development team for further investigation 😊 At this moment in time, we shouldn't need anything additional from you, but if we do require any more information we'll ask for it within this thread.

Official Response
  • guest-zmBqyYGe
    1 posts

Map or HUD no longer appears, map just says menu unavailable, road to hamartia quest won't update, and currently cannot leave yorvik due to the ground not loading in

• safa69
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi Mate, any update regarding this issue , any updates planned . did the team manage to replicate the issue ?

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

@guest-zmbqyyge Hey there. I am sorry that this has been occurring! Could you please complete our guide here and test your game again? Then, if this persists, would you be able to send some images or a video from your gameplay? For a video just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then post the link here.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hey there @safa69!

At this moment in time, we have no further updates to share regarding the investigation. The development team are still interested in collecting the save files of affected players, as well as the additional information requested below.

Once we have any new information to share regarding the investigation, we will reach out within the forums. Thank you for your continued patience as the team takes a closer look at this 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics