ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Philukedition
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis my berserker gear has done the same, all reset and appears in game as newly acquired items. All upgrades and runes removed.
    This is following the update to 5.12 on ps4. No previous issues.
    I had the ultimate edition preordered with season pass and packs included.
    Notably this has also done the same for the twilight pack which was purchased with the preorder of Dawn of Ragnarok, all twilight gear is now reset with no runes, and Eivor is now naked.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@philukedition Hey there, and thank you for these images. I can confirm that this issue with Berserker Gear and runes resetting is still under investigation by the development team. I've added the information you've provided to their report. Please keep your eye on the News & Announcements section of these Discussion boards for updates.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1858 posts

In case it's not been mentioned, if they are selected for use Bjorn and Muninn get deselected when the gear resets. They can (but need to) be reassigned in the relevant shops. I presume the mount is the same as the raven but do not use that.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Thanks for providing that clarification regarding Bjorn and Muninn, @SpirantCrayon22. I'm aware that we have an ongoing investigation into Bjorn disappearing from the raiding crew, which could be linked to this issue. I'll pass this suggestion along to the dedicated teams in case this hasn't already been considered. 🙂

Official Response
  • GhostedDoctor
    1 posts

Berserker set constantly resets and loses everything, arriving as a 'new' item.

It's unusable.

I paid for this!

Sort yourselves out, please. It's a farce that this persists.

I essentially have a product that is not fit for the purpose it was intended.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @GhostedDoctor! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're Berserker gear is constantly resetting. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and for sharing your feedback regarding the investigation into this issue. I'm sorry to hear that this is impacting on your gaming experience.

The development team are investigating what could potentially be causing this reset to happen in-game, and are interested in collecting videos from affected players to assist with the investigation. Would you be able to provide us with a video showing the following information:

• That you have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • The Berserker Gear resetting in-game. If you can show us what triggers the reset to occur, that would be very helpful to the investigation.

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Additionally, can you also provide us with the following information:

• Do you own the physical or digital version of the game?
    • Which edition of the game do you own (Standard / Gold / Ultimate)?
    • How did you acquire the Berserker Gear (by owning the season pass or purchased in-game)?

These details could be helpful as the team continues to take a closer look at this issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • PhilyG213
    77 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I do have the new version of the game. 1.4.1.2 right? I do have that.
    I don't know what could have caused this because I think I was away from my console at the time. I have upgraded the gear again to see if this will happen again.
    I own the digital version of the game. It's also the Ultimate edition. The Berserker gear came with the edition. The problem with the gear losing its upgrades and runes and disappearing for a time started after I claimed the pack in which the Altair or Ezio robes, I don't remember which one, were included with the Berserker pack.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1858 posts

@philyg213

watch the resources if this happens, you do not always get back all the iron ore and such

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @PhilyG213,

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. I'm sorry to hear that your Berserker Gear reset. I've now shared your report with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

If this does happen again, would you be able to try and capture a video of the reset occuring? This would be helpful as the team continue to look into this issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • karen4964
    15 posts

@xingre94 This has happened to me so may times. I quit trying with it. Not long after game came out was fully upgraded with runes and everything. Gone and I have redone it many times I just quit trying.

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@karen4964

I saw somewhere (maybe in this actual thread) that people who have the Beserker set should avoid using the raven and, or the wolf mount from the Berserker set, this should help, but I must say that I "gave" my Berserker set to my Jomsviking and stopped using it a long time ago mainly because of this day one bug ... (useless to say how glad I am to have wasted money in a pre-order...)
    Really sad because this game could have be a masterpiece ...

• JCar4327
    704 posts

@ubi-borealis I am not sure if this has been reported elsewhere, but the new Twighlight Set appears to be doing the same thing as the Berserker Set. I just had both of them show up as new content after a week of the Twilight Set being installed.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@jcar4327 Hey there! Just to clarify, you did in fact receive the Twilight set, but the equipped upgrades are not appearing?

Official Response
  • JCar4327
    704 posts

@ubi-spacecats I did receive the Twighlight Set, and it was installed some time in the last few weeks. I have been actively playing on a new save for the past 4 or 5 days and the Twighlight Set was in my inventory. Today, when I logged in, I received a message that new content was added to the game; at this time, both the Berserker Set and the Twighlight Set were re-added to my game. I had upgraded the Berserker Set to the silver tier, but had not done any upgrading to the Twighlight Set. I can verify that the Berserker Set lost its upgrades, but I am not sure if the Twighlight Set would have lost upgrades, only that it was re-added after already being in the game.

I would also add that, as of today, I installed the placeholder for Dawn of Ragnarök and now I am continually getting a message that "New Downloadable Content" is available and I need to return to the title screen; which does absolutely nothing.

I am on Xbox One

• Ubi-Borealis

I apologise for the delayed response, @JCar4327. Thanks for providing us with some more information about the trouble you've encountered with the Twilight and Berserker set losing their upgrades.

I'm aware that a recent update has allowed certain gear sets, including those gained via pre-order bonuses and the Animus Store, to receive a "Divine" upgrade. Is this what happened with your Berserker and Twilight set? Or did something else occur?

All resources and runes used to upgrade either set should have been returned to your inventory following a reset as well, which will allow you to re-upgrade the sets again if you choose. I understand that having to re-upgrade the sets again isn't ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Now that "Dawn of Ragnarok" has been released, are you still also experiencing the "New Downloadable Content" prompt? Or has this issue been resolved?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JCar4327
    704 posts

@ubi-borealis I am not sure if I got the resources back because I don't pay that close attention to how many resources I have, only the information that I shared with you already can I verify. At this point I am not comfortable investing resources into either of these sets for fear they will be reset again and lose their upgrades, especially to the Divine Quality because platinum is so rare. I do not plan on using either set anytime in the near future so I will watch them and if they don't reset again I may upgrade them at some point, but only time will tell.

I am not getting the "New Downloadable Content" message since the release of the DLC.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing us with an update, @JCar4327. I can understand why you may feel hesitant to upgrade these gear sets again and to use them in future. I apologise for any impact that this issue has had on your gaming experience. I'd like to assure you that the dedicated teams are looking into what could be causing gear sets, such as the Berserker set, to randomly reset like this. Once we have any updates to share, they will be posted within this thread.

The dedicated teams have confirmed that any resources lost following a reset should automatically be returned to your inventory. If you notice that resources haven't been returned to your inventory, then we'd ask for you to provide a video showing this so we can forward this to the dedicated teams.

Thanks for letting me know that you're no longer receiving the "New Downloadable Content" message as well. I'm glad to hear this!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • fulloflose
    1 posts

started a new campaign Friday, played roughly 3 hours - got my Berserker gear, et al

spent most of the several hours in-game grinding and upgrading said armor

then waited for an auto-save + made manual save and shut it down

today the Berzerker gear is all gone along with the rest of the bonus stuff (but with the option of acquiring again from the store)

i am not eager to reacquire it all, then spend hours upgrading it, just to risk losing it again

how can this be a problem in a single-player campaign and why if i see posts about it from last year is it still a problem?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @fulloflose! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your Berserker Gear has reset after reloading into the game. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I've now forwarded your report to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation into this issue.

Any resources and runes used to upgrade the gear should have been automatically returned to your inventory following a reset, which allows you to upgrade the gear again if you so wish. I understand having to re-upgrade the gear again following a reset is not ideal, and apologise for any impact that this issue has had on your gaming experience.

Any updates from the investigation will be posted within this thread once available, as well as within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes. I'd recommend checking these places regularly for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ryden22
    1 posts

Re: [Berserker gear despairing](/topic/77655/berserker-gear-despairing)

I am having this issue. In having to create a reference to this old question, I can not see the questions that were asked but I can tell you, from my experience, it seems to be something to do with the "Quick resume" feature on the Xbox Series X. Everytime I come back using quick resume my gear is gone. I can get it back if I restart the game, but all my upgrades to the gear are lost.

Suggested Topics