Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • HIDDEN1NE
    30 posts

I just finally had this set taken away and downgraded myself; I have the ultimate edition of the berserker pack, so it’s downloaded on my xbox as add on content. Yesterday I was buying basically all the Huldufolk and Valkyrie packs, and when i went to buy the last pack (the valkyrie settlement pack), all of my berserker gear, ship and mount stuff was immediately removed from the game, resources given back, but the helix store showed no add on content excerpt the season pass and starter pack, all of the berserker add ons were visibly missing from the store. I reloaded the save and my berserker content came back, albeit completely brand new with none of the upgrades I put into it. Kept reloading and reloading and each time it was a brand new set, so I just went back to the manual save I started the day with and loaded all my new purchases into that save with the berserker gear at the level I put into.

The thing that made this most interesting though is that somehow purchasing the last settlement pack completely took away not only the armor in game, but so much so the helix store couldn’t even recognize the downloaded content that is on my xbox, not a helix item tied to my account, a purchased DLC that should be working fine as any other DLC. This makes me think it’s more attached to owning the berserker set as ultimate edition downloaded content, and the game glitching to where it doesn’t recognize it. I’ve also seen many who bought the set as a helix item say they’ve never had problems, and maybe this is why: due to how you’ve purchased the content, the berserker set will either stay like any other helix item, or if it’s the download like I have, it has the potential of malfunctioning and returning the whole ultimate edition content.

• SpirantCrayon22
    223 posts

I just had this problem. Berserker gear, Ursine Guard and Bear Claw all went from maxed-out to 1. I think the materials used in the upgrades were returned to the inventory, so it's not the end of the world, just annoying.

I was in Maneis Outpost and contrived to die when fighting two bears after killing all the people there. When I went to the last save I got a ton of things on the screen, the rune set, Berserker Gear, etc.

Xbox One S, latest game version (it might have even had an update earlier today, it looked like there were fewer butterflies in Ravensthorpe).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1883 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of the Berserker gear resetting. I have passed these reports along to the development team for further investigation. The are still taking a closer look at this issue, and we don't yet have any new updates to share. Rest assured that once new information is made available to us, we will let you know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, all resources/runes should be returned to your inventory, which will allow you to re-upgrade the gear again.

If you experience your Berserker gear resetting, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What caused the reset (such as loading up a save, reclaiming an item, fast travelling etc)?
    • Were the resources/runes returned to you?

@xtreme_eagle - The used resources should have been returned to your inventory, allowing you to upgrade the gear again. Could you let us know if this isn't the case?

@MeteoricGuitar0 - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble accessing the forums. You can also reach our support teams directly via the Ubisoft Support website, or on our social media channels (Facebook/Twitter). Once you open a support ticket via these links, a member of the support team will reach out to you as soon as they are able to.

@B00MSIE - Thanks for providing more information about your gear reset. I'm glad to hear that the resources are returned to you, though I understand that this reset is inconvenient. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering other issues in-game as well, such as the screen tearing and lost progress. The development team has been looking into these issues as well. I would recommend checking the megathreads about these investigations, or following the News & Announcements forum for future updates.

@HIDDEN1NE - Thank you for letting us know more about your own experience with the Berserker gear downgrade, and sharing your suggestions with us. I've passed this along to the development team, including that this was triggered when making a purchase from the Helix store, and the odd changes you saw occur to the store as well. I would be unable to speculate if this only affects Berserker gear redeemed via the Ultimate Edition of the game or not. I'll let the development team know this to see if it can assist with the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    223 posts

@ubi-borealis

I had this for the first time yesterday. I posted in another similar thread, fairly sure it wasn't this one. I died while fighting bears in Maneis Outpost. All equipment was fully upgraded. As far as I can tell the resources used in upgrading the items was indeed returned to the inventory. No runes were in the equipment, I wasn't wearing it. It was the five-piece gear set and the two weapons. When I restarted from the last save point a lot of things popped up on the screen, opal map, new items on the map, the berserker gear and weapons and possibly (sorry, can't recall and forgot to do a recording) the ship and settlement items.

• azullFR
    487 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I would like to add that I had this problem once, just after or a little after having opened the Helix Store while in-game
    No more problems after having reloading an older save and, I'm not really sure of that (several mounth ago), having reloading an older profile file from before a Patch...

When I say no more problem : this means only with my own Gear...(Not my Jomsviking one)
    My Jomsviking armor (armor only)
    Before Patch 1.2.0. = My Jomsviking armor only, was reseting to basic after every Big Patch or every time I go to Helix Store while in-game by mistake
    After Patch 1.2.0. = My Jomsviking armor and weapons appears in Best state

If this can help 🙂

Valhalla Ultimate PS Store Pre-Order
    PS4 pro and AC-Valhalla fully up-to-date

• JediJTB92
    1 posts

After I got the godlike pack with Altair’s armor and the other armor set, all my equipped armor disappeared. It’s not even in the inventory anymore, it’s just gone. It was all Berserker armor that was equipped, the head slot and arms were hidden. Weapons are still there and equipped.

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@ubi-borealis

After Patch 1.2.0.1 I started the game on my XSX and my telephone rang. I put the xbox in sleep mode. After I awakened it again, immediately Valhalla reseted my Beserker gear?

The developers can easily reproduce this steps and this SHOULD HAVE BEEN TESTED! Every time I go away from the game very shortly, the gear is reseted? Are the developers trying to punish people for playing this game???

You must understand I'm really [censored] (=👿👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 *1000000000) by now. Now I have to go through the terribly long introductions even more often and because I have to load an old savegame each time this happens to repair this, I wil lose my progress even more often then the game already let me lose it because of the other losing progress bug. Is there no quality control at all???

• SteveZ_Pun
    136 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SteveZ_Pun
    136 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SteveZ_Pun
    136 posts

Hello, I have the Ultimate Preorder Version on my PC. Since the game was released, I've had the problem that every time I open the in-game shop, the berserk gear is downgraded. From gold to blue. That's why I save the game before I visit the shop. After reloading, the armor was back in gold. After patch 1.20 / 1.201, the armor was downgraded to blue, so I'm not updating the armor anymore as it is now even downgraded to red. In addition, only the Season Pass and this Premium Starter Pack are displayed in the add-ons in the shop, nothing else. After reloading everything is back. This error needs to be fixed as soon as possible, but still nothing happens. But there were many other mistakes that came into play, too many. This is very disappointing and I will never again pre-order a game from Ubisoft or buy it after it is released. Only if it is older, cheaper and without bugs.

undefinedundefined
    undefinedundefined

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 669 posts

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your updates.

@azullFR - thank you for sharing, I'll pass it along to the team! 

@B00MSIE - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience and I do understand this might be frustrating. Rest assured, this issue is being looked into at the moment and once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes. 

@SteveZ_Pun - Thank you for providing us with your screenshots! We will update this thread once we have an update from the development team. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    223 posts

@ubi-mark

In case it's useful, here's a video of this happening to me earlier this evening. Finishing a river raid, something seemed odd about the loading screen - it always takes a long time to get back to Ravensthorpe but there seems to have been some extra "thinking" by the Xbox (One S, 1.2.0.1). Then the message about stuff being added to the inventory and the Berserker stuff was all re-set, noting that resources were returned to the inventory.

Two comments. I had used fast-resume a bit earlier, I used a few apps (Microsoft Rewards, Store, YouTube) then went back to the game. Also, the Jomsviking tribute noted in the video; in case it helps I noted the same message appeared before I went to do the river raid but forgot to actually go and get it. The reward, not in the video, was 50 silver.

Cheers

• grumpygirl1982
    1 posts

This keeps happening to me. I have fully upgraded this gear and am 100 plus hours in my current session and this has happened twice with fully updaged gear. Its very, very annoying! At this point I am not using the "bonus content" as I cannot trust it. Please fix.

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@ubi-mark

Has there been some sort of update for the Xbox Series? Because I noticed that 2-3 days ago the cloud save was not visible anymore in the load window and then yesterday it appeared again, but somewhat delayed after saving and now the Beserker gear does not get resetted anymore each time I quick resume after shortly leaving Valhalla. I tried this on purpose a couple of times. Before, even while restarting the Xbox in between, this was a constant reproducable thing. If this is pushed fix, this is great!

There has not been an Xbox update (at least not according to the update info in the Xbox settings) on my Xbox.

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@ubi-mark

Never mind. After playing some Wildlands the problem is back. Only difference is that it is now not always as I switch to another app for a couple of minutes.

• Magpye
    3 posts

@xingre94 This has happened to me. I play on Xbox Series X. All my Beserker Gear has reset, also the Hati Wolf Mount, Munin Raven Skin and the Beserker Ship Skins have also disappeared. When I go into the helix store the Beserker packs are not showing in already purchased.

• sweick01
    1 posts

Every time I get into my game, the berserker gear is newly reset. I originally fully upgraded it, and now only in original form.

List so much.
    Happens over & over.

• alivecoolgamer
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • alivecoolgamer
    3 posts

@Ubi-Mark

The berserker kit is still doing this, i noticed it happened more once i purchased the taranis pack, however with the taranis pack only the sword resets everything else keeps its upgrade from the taranis kit, its only the berseker full pack and the sword from the taranis kit losing upgrades.

I have noticed that sometikes when missions randomly pop up which have already been accepted it sometimes causes this issue for some reason. I also noticed when fast traveling when you have an seasonal mission accepted for example the ostara missions it can also influence this.

I would not say its missions itself causing it but it could be worth the investigation on the grounds that the same is for some reason resetting them both.

Only solution i was say to people for now is load an old save, i did lose 2 hours worth of save as it kept refreshing everything however my reccomendation for now would be to save your game after ever mission etc so you have a manual and automatic save.

• GCMwaters
    1 posts

same thing happened to me after claiming the godly pack from the helix store, i lost all the upgrade materials, all the socketed runes and the ingots i used to upgrade the beserker armour and it's reset to it's base. i 100% sure had runes to add stun and they're no longer in my inventory, and i'm unable to upgrade things as i dont have enough resources anymore. 10k iron and leather, 100+ titanium, and 10+ each ingot all gone.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics