Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Stonesie87
    53 posts

So I don't know how far you guys are able to get into the Odin rune cave near brimclif monastery but either I'm on the right track or the game is hard glitched cuz from what it looks like I'm under the map lots of stuff floating around and a big pit of nothing if I jump off the wall I'm clinging to I fall to death....undefined

• Acedyn22
    Original poster 179 posts

@Stonesie87
    Who knows the ways of Ubisoft.
    Cow, hmm... well it's worth a shot. In this episode of "Hold my mead as I attempt another idea, cow hunting" it is. Lol.

Tried to sacrifice the elk at the Ritual Circle with the M. Ceremonial Amor & tattoos. No luck! Still need upgrade the set. May have to wait until Yule comes back around.

I know a lot of people have given up already, but I am too stubborn to throw in the towel.

Glad to know others are still seeking answers as well 🙂

• Acedyn22

@AwakentheDead
    Definitely keeping that information in my back pocket. Thank you for sharing.

• Acedyn22

With the recent release of new river raids & quests, I am putting this unsolved mystery on the back burner for a few days.

• AwakentheDead
    18 posts

So I was hoping that the new River raids would lend some hints towards Odin’s runes but doesn’t seem like it. After completing the raids, Vagn comments to keep raiding as others secrets may be found but you can’t stray too far from the raid locations due to a desynchronization wall. I even tried using new skills and a weapon on one of the runes and nothing. Even tried Ragnar’s dagger. Nothing. So, I turned my attention to the writings posted here of the runes found above the mural. After looking at the younger and elder futhark. I’ve noticed that some of the runes are not younger futhark nor elder. Some are from other dialects of runes. It’s as if Ubi mixed up all the runes and just used whatever. Which makes it even harder to translate.

Lastly, I keep trying to dig into the Odin rune specifically and there doesn’t seem to be any more information beyond the little excerpt posted here regarding its meaning. Even in the poem in which it’s mentioned there are no dialog or further clues as to what Odin used it for. I’ve also searched in game for more locations and have come up empty. This all has left me to assume these runes are related to a future update and have no significance to us right now.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@awakenthedead

honestly if there really was something to be found Ubisoft should have made it clear by now.

I think there is nothing at this point. Ppl all over the world have been searching for hours and nothing yet.

This is just [censored] to keep you occupied. Holding a carrot on stick in front of you, when you will never get the carrot.

• Stonesie87
    53 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AwakentheDead
    18 posts

@asgardian02 Kind of how I feel towards the River raids as a whole. A little something to keep some players busy. A whole 5 hours of game play. A “meh” armor set, boat reskin and tattoos just aren’t enough reward. Not to mention all the rune stones I collected were minor and useless. I’m not sure when the next actual expansion is but I hope it’s soon.

• Acedyn22

@AwakentheDead
    Sometime in Spring "Wrath of the Druids" will be released. Not sure on the exact date, but the Spring Equinox begins on March 20th. It seems like Ubisoft likes to release things on holidays or near significant calendar dates. For example, 11/10 (release date) is USMC birthday.
    2/16 (Mardi Gras) is when the River Raid was released.
    So possibly the Wrath of the Druids will be released on Saint Patrick's Day (3/17) or a few days later on the Spring Equinox.

• thegardener25
    82 posts

@acedyn22 'Access the Animus' released a YT video yesterday(Friday). With news of the next season. It featured an Ubisoft blurb, it read:-
    "Season 2, named Ostara, will start in march 2021 with a first update bringing a festival in the Settlement, a new game mode that builds on Valhalla's core combat experiences, new gear and cosmetic items. More information about Wrath of the Druids, the first expansion of Assassin's Creed Valhalla releasing in Spring 2021, will come at a later time".

I think the Equinox's & Solstice's are about the 21st of the month, I imagine the Ostara, will be a similar affair to the Yule festival without snow on the settlement. And maybe instead of herding cattle for slaughter, we'll be delivering little lambs for slaughter. An orlog tournament instead of drinking challenge. I don't expect much, but it would be really cool if the snow was completely gone from the north of England, just for a nosey in those snowed in houses near Hadrian's Wall.

• AwakentheDead
    18 posts

The sixth rune has been found in Eurvicscire near Anlaf’s Lookout. I learned of it through YouTuber Dark Strider but he’s crediting a person named Shane Reneaux who credits someone called kratos711dogg. Just travel the the lookout and just down the path on the ledge. Apparently there is a sound associated with this one.

• Acedyn22

@awakenthedead
    Thank you for sharing. Much appreciated 💕
    Now to hunt again, maybe there is nine or more after all.

• Acedyn22

@thegardener25
    Thank you for sharing.
    That would be cool 😁 But I honestly would be surprised if there is an Ostara event. I'm totally for it, I just don't think it will happen. Hoping I am completely wrong though 🤞😁

• pattisondom
    2 posts

Note in Well of Urdr, someone is trying to hide from Odin in another realm. Any connections? undefined

• thegardener25
    82 posts

@acedyn22 Cheers, yes it would be cool. If you read my post again, the "quote" in the first paragraph is a quote from ubi, there will be a festival! I take it that Ostara is the norse equivelant of Eostre, the pagan spring festival that once the christians got their hands on it, became 'Easter' & somehow became all about the resurrection of jesus?

• Acedyn22

@thegardener25
    🤦♀😅 My sincerest apologies. I was reading at a rate my brain couldn't comprehend what my eyes were seeing 🥴
    The way you speak of Christianity, your username, and your love for AC...I think you are my kind of people 😂🙌

• Acedyn22

@pattisondom
    I think it's an unfinished note by Loki.

• openwheelchamp
    4 posts

@asgardian02 To be fair, There are Halo 3 Easter Eggs that still haven't been found over 14 years later...
    Maybe Ubisoft are aiming to beat that record? hahaha

• Stonesie87
    53 posts

just a thought the 9 points in Eivors grave outside the animus if those points were to be mirrored and then placed on the map with 2 being across from ravensthorpe , 3 being east anglia 7 uffington would all the points match and possibly be locations of all the runes? I don't have photoshop and probably not the skills for doing that either lol

• Stonesie87
    53 posts

uffentune* not uffington

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics