Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Acedyn22
    Original poster 187 posts

Okay here is what we know:
    1) Three locations with Odin's Illusionary Rune have been shared.
    2) "Odin's Illusionary Rune was used to make the bearer invisible or shape shift, such as the Viking berzerkers who took on the form, strength, and courage of bears in battle" according to a google search.
    3) "Originally berserkers developed their own brotherhood of professional l warriors who travelled round and took service with different chiefs. What distinguished them was that they had bears and wolves as totem animals, and clad themselves in their skins. Irrespective of whether it was a bear or a wolf, the warriors believed they were endowed with the spirit of the animal." according from another internet search.
    4) " Odin is particularly associated with wolvesravens, and horses." according to another google search.
    5) Thus far, all the runes have been on rock structures.

With all that being said, I tried a few things. I chose to experiment with the symbol located in the southern coastline. I have switched gear attire and weapons: Berserker Gear and Raven Clan Gear. Tried to going berserk (wailing my weapon incessantly) while in having max adrenaline. Used Excalibur and other mythical weapons. Mediation right afterwards, then tried mediating incessantly. I later switched to Noden's Arc and used Incendiary Powder Trap skill and it blacked out the symbol. Long ago I used the explosive arrow with a different bow, there was no explosion and the arrow was just stuck there. Now I did not the chance to try it again with a different bow to see if the result was still the same. I plan on playing again later tonight to search for more Odin's Illusionary Runes.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Acedyn22

Pardon the glare from my light and picture taken from my laptop.undefined

• Acedyn22

🤦 Excuse my grammar as well.

Sleep deprivation, traumatic brain injuries, and feral toddlers had me a bit dazed.

On that note, hold my mead while I do something stupid.
    *attempts to stifle a yawn & jumps back into the animus*

• Acedyn22
    This post is deleted!
  • Acedyn22

Notes of progression: Noden's Arc with Incendiary Powder Trap skilll are the (thus far) the only way to blacken out the symbol. I used Bullseye and Recurve Bow, and my results were the same as before. Just an arrow stuck in place; no explosion, no blackout. It appears that an ISU bow must be used. Side note: I have not tried to use a jar of oil as an explosive. I will experiment with it later if someone has not by the time I read this again.

Another observation that I made during my game play, is to my knowledge, the only way to cast a shadow on/near the rune is during the evening. When the full moon hits it just right, on top of the second pier of the ridgeline to the right of the symbol I was able to cast a shadow upon it. However, the Incendiary Powder Trap will not explode & black out the symbol from the ridge.
    The whole timing of the sunset with Excalibur had me thinking, it may be a timely thing. I have not tried at sunrise.

I may have run into glitches or progression, I am not sure.
    Regardless it had me on the edge of my seat. Literally!
    Firstly a perfect circle of fire showed up with something to collect in the lower concave area. I didn't see what I collected (don't judge!), but when I went to my inventory, nothing stood out.
    Secondly, when I went to the top cave, after a few swing's with Gungnir (Odin's spear), I ran into a mysterious blue wall. When I went through the wall, which I thought was a portal, I began to fall for some time then died. Dun dun duuuuuun!!!! 😧 😫 😭 Whelp, time for a break.

I think it's worth mentioning that when coming from the direction of the nearby port, right before you reach the symbol (and when you are leaving the area where the symbol is located), that there is an actual illusion of birds flying in the air.
    ✍ 🤔

Anyhow, tonight in our reality, will be the Full Wolf Moon. May it help us see through this illusion and solve this mystery.
    Peace out and go with your God(s) 🖖 🖖

• Acedyn22

Attachment for prior post. I just keep praying I am not wasting my time. undefined

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Coming out of the Animus, I went outside to the right and up the steps is a view, it actually says focus, to the right of that there is a stone with an interact on it, when you hit interact Layla says"Eivor carved these runes" One of the runes, looks like the Odins rune people have found, if you can translate what the set of runes means, it may be a clue, it may not be.I didn't see anyone mention this yet but maybe something to investigate.I posted this here as well since it applies to the same mystery

• Acedyn22

@duskdragon56496 Excellent observation and definitely something worth taking a look at. Thank you for contribution to this thread, I really appreciate it.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

No problem, I'm still checking other areas so if you find anything out let us know, I'm trying to figure out what the symbols are but unfortunately I don't have a rune translator, I understand there's supposed to be something in the collectors edition so if anyone can translate what that means we'd all be appreciative!

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

Not sure if this is relevant, but I noticed that the known runes are somewhat close to Offering Altars. Here is an overview of what I mean.

• Acedyn22

This rune set was given with the ultimate and collector's editions.
    I will translate the actual meaning momentarily. As it may give a clue as well 🤷♀✍undefined

• Acedyn22

@duskdragon56496 That is something I can help with considering I have studied runes (I come from strong Norse descent) and purchased the collector's edition. If possible, take a picture of the runes outside of the animus, to post on this thread. I will gladly translate it. At this moment, I plan to take a break from the actual game itself for a couple days. I will continue to periodically check the website's forum for more clues, but I must focus on pressing personal priorities. I hope with the collaboration of all, someone will solve this mystery.

• Acedyn22

@el_t_us YES!!!! Fabulous work! I think you are onto something here. Have you tried to see coordinates/placement can be matched up with Odin's Rune itself or another rune? Similar to how Magister Victus' tomb discovery was made.
    P.S. When I went there, I received moldy cheese, while in Access the Animus' video, they obtained 61 silver pieces 😞

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Can't, it'll let you take a photo but there's no way to see it, it's easy to find, exit through the door to the left of the laptop,bear right like you're walking to Eivors grave. look up the hill you'll see a fence, there are also wooden steps which bring you to a focus point, look to your right to the large stone and you'll see the interact dot, I'll do what I can ,if I find anything I'll post it.

• Acedyn22

@el_t_us I forgot to show you gratitude for sharing your knowledge with us. I sincerely apologize for that and offer my sincerest "THANK YOU!"

• Acedyn22

@duskdragon56496 Thank you.
    Also, you could try to use a camera on a phone or laptop. That's how I share mine, of course I have to downsize them before sharing them on this platform, but that's how I do it. If not accessible or whatever your reason, no worries. I will do in a couple days.

As far as the runes given in the Ultimate and Collector's editions, the two blues are not actual runes. I must confess I had to look up younger futhark, to be sure, but I am convinced they were made up. As far the green rune, it's an elder futhark rune. The name is Fehu and translates to cattle. It's meaning is an omen of abundance. It is a symbol for wealth, it indicates gain in terms of riches, possessions, and/or luck.
    This is probably a dead end, as far as getting a clue from the rune set given with the Ultimate and Collector's editions.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@acedyn22 Thank you! And you did show gratitude in your previous post! But I'm not here for thanks, just wanna help if I can. Probably has nothing to do with the Altars anyways lol.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Acedyn22 Someone put a photo of the word on this post https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/93816/can-we-all-focus-on-solving-this-mysterie/78
    go right to the bottom of the post

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@acedyn22 I just repeated your 'experiment' with Odin's Rune at the south coast. I got the same result with an ordinary bow. The blackout occurs after the incendiary arrow has exploded when triggered by a bird. Its remains I collected in a 'circle of fire' in the hole below: some leather and an animal heart. It doesn't seem anything special.

But I did not see a mysterious blue wall. So that is something else.

• MelArlo
    12 posts

I have found 3 of them but where is the one in hamtunscire?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics