Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Acedyn22
    Original poster 188 posts

@hroozenbeek
    Thank you. I still have a nasty headache, but at least it's no longer a disabling migraine. Jumping in the game now. Going to look up in Northumbria.

Keep up the phenomenal work and collaboration everyone 👏🍻
    It really has been community effort by all; on all threads and media platforms 🖤

• Acedyn22

At this point, I think it's pretty safe to state that the runes (if there is anymore to find, which I believe to be true) will be found on rock structures like mountains and such.

As of right now, I am in Northumbria searching behind the wall for that is where I see the most rock structure.

Wisdom is welcome wherever it comes from.

~Bandamanna Saga

• DuskDragon56496
    373 posts

@Acedyn22 I sympathize, I've had migraines most of my life

• guest-NwHM0bgL
    1 posts

Maybe related to meditating while near death (low health) with odin spear to activate them. After all odin was near death when he found them. If not seems loki related. He does in asgard say that he knew where the builder kept the enchanted paint for runes. Might have made a few Loki runes himself. I also tried changing eivor gender on a rune. Since Loki do have that shapechanging power.

• FiendishMonk
    5 posts

tried a few low health combinations with no effect. Low health no gear, low health different weapons, low health meditate, low health and multiple times of day.

• Valhalla2015
    75 posts

Has anyone tried igniting an oil jar on top of one of these things?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@valhalla2015 Yes, I did... Nothing...

• Valhalla2015
    75 posts

Just another quick question... how hard have we looked at/near Seahenge? I’ve got a sneaky suspicion about that place.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

I've gotta say, I've learned more about runic writings and Anglo-Saxon history from this game and it's mysteries than all of school lol.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

Hello all. I have also been investigating Odin's Illusionary Rune, and I might have a lead (although it is very difficult to say that!). Above all, I took a step back and tried to find a link with what we already have, thus I began thinking about the chalk figures and the Wihstman's Forest, along with the bear aligned gear and weapons.

The 3 figures resemble the Norse Myth in which Odin/Thor kills the serpent/snake/Jormungandr, while on a horse.

Thus, I believe the location of the runes will resemble the scorpio constellation (which is very much the form of a serpent), because this Jormungandr has been with us since Origins, we can see it in Odyssey, and also we can find bones in Vinland, Jotunheim and Suthsexe which again resemble a serpent.

We already know Thor's gear, along with Gungnir, are bear aligned, so that is why we got the initial reference to a berserker (Thor being one as well).

The forest (which is near Wareham, south of Hamtunscire) refers to being "9 000 years old" (and took the number 9 as a possible reference).

• thegardener25
    110 posts

@verendrye Yeah I think you're bang on with the chalk figures! A couple of days ago, I had Eivor standing directly opposite, facing the rune across from the settlement, then I sent Synin up, without moving the sticks I just let it fly a short distance, then set a marker ahead. Then again without moving Eivor throughout the process went into map menu & placed another marker a few hundred metres further down, exited map to see if bothe markers were aligned on the navigation bar, with a bit of tweaking on the 2nd marker on the map I got them both aligned. Then back to the map & placed a further marker far south,& the rune points to 'Aeld Wyrm' (serpent). Now I could try it again & get a slightly different result because you only need to be 1 or 2 degrees out to find yourself more than 100metres away & given that on screen, Eivor isn't centred with the navi bar.

Also if you zoom in to either the Hwythors (horse), serpent or Long Man, you get that strange energy sound effect.

• Verendrye
    141 posts

@thegardener25 Exactly. I really believe the chalk figures are there for a reason 👀

I didnt know that rune points to a chalk figure! Now it's even more obvious (wishful thinking).

• thegardener25
    110 posts

@valhalla2015 Yeah in the months leading up to the release of ACV, Access the Animus got to playthrough a couple of times, they posted videos of the Seahenge & Cosintun standing stone puzzles. After solving Seahenge, Eivor says "I feel something... light and heat, & of course you see the isu design thing lighting up underneath. After completing Cosintun, Eivor says "There is a force here. Invisible". Then the same isu flashy light underneath Eivor. It had to be Ley Lines. It's a 20th century theory that many ancient sites sit on lines of energy (or words to that effect - if anyones interested, look it up. It's a rabbit hole). There are multiple lines that criss-cross one another, It's regarded pretty much pseudo science. I think most of the people that are into it are folk like the new age hippies that congregate every year at Stonhenge for the summer solstice, & there's some that believe they have something to do with ancient aliens that used these Lines to guide their spaceships in, or something like that. I can't keep a straight face writing this. However the ACV writers obviously thought it would fit in with isu lore.

The character 'Brendan of Clonfert', was a real man. He was a 6th century Irish Holy man, adventurer & navigator. In ACV he seems to be able to hear the voices of the isu, who he takes as 'the lord' or messengers of god at these standing stone sites, he refers to them as nephilim (angels), & talks of the giants who created these structures. He even mentions Aita, juno & minerva. Anyhow, the design on the smaller stones, which you interact with to start the puzzle were carved, or chiselled out & painted by him! So it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that he is the one that carved/chiselled & painted the Odin Runes as well. I wasn't convinced when I started the game that Ley lines would amount to much, because Wales & Scotland aren't included, so you're not getting the whole lines. We know that Ireland will come in the dlc, so maybe these runes won't do anything (if they do anything at all), until the 'Wrath of the Druids' dlc is released.

• redtroygames30
    1 posts

The 1st rune was at the same place you learn to do a leap of faith. And the Odin's illusionary rune is suppose to represent inner faith. Just a little thought

• thegardener25
    110 posts

p.s. I should have mentioned that stonehenge, the chalk men & horses etc are among many nodes on these 'energy' lines!

• Valhalla2015
    75 posts

@thegardener25 Wow! That is a fantastic wealth of knowledge. Thank you! Btw... Stonehenge itself is very cool. I just didn’t expect it to be so close to a major roadway.

• Acedyn22

I'm back!

Okay everyone, I've been thinking and researching...
    Looking back at the runes found in Asgard.. there are 3 different ways to translate runes into English/another language 1) Representational [visually similar] 2) Phonetically 3) Symbolically

Which brings me to the idea of symbolism.
    undefined

The closest thing was (in chronological order)
    Torch. Elk-sedge (not exact, but similar, so made me believe it may represent elk). Need (not exact, but similar)

Can someone please torch the elk on/near Odin's Illusionary Rune?

Just a crazy thought.

• Acedyn22

Chart for reference.

I plan on jumping in the game tonight to search for the 6th Odin's Illusionary Rune/ or any runes for that matter. undefined

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@acedyn22 The only rune set I've found that have these exact runes is Dalecarlian. But these are dated way too recent it seems.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@acedyn22
    I killed him until he died from it. He was on the rune but slid down.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics