Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AwakentheDead
    19 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AwakentheDead
    19 posts
    @theeelf Idk. I just watched a couple playthroughs of the Fly Agaric and none of the spots I found are in that hallucination. And the sound is different than the portals. Here's a video of the ones I found and the direction you need to go.

Right, and that audio queue would happen at other Fly Agaric locations. It doesn’t that I could tell. And you can walk a good ways away and still trigger the audio queue. Like a path leading you to something.

• Acedyn22
    Original poster 188 posts

After weeks of searching for the 6th Odin's Illusionary Rune, we have all come up empty handed (to my knowledge)
    Sooooo, I have done some thinking about the number five. There are five senses, and considering that there were reports of a chime sound at one of the runes' location (some believe this is a bug), I am starting to sense (pun intended lol) this may not be a bug after all. Considering there is an illusion (sight) of birds at another, I really think this something I am going to experiment more with.
    Just another penny for my thoughts, there are five items that make an armor set.

• Acedyn22

@awakenthedead I agree.

• AwakentheDead
    19 posts

Well, I came across a video on YouTube by IdeaNerd. He spotted a different symbol or rune probably 20 ft to the left of the one found in Suthsexe. Two actually but they appear to be the same symbol just about 15ft apart. I’ve actually come across similar symbols over the course of my game play and I just chalked them off as meaningless. I’ll post screen shots of the symbols IdeaNerd found. Looks to me like they actually could be overlaid. Although, one of them kinda looks like some kind of humanoid figure with a forked tail. https://imgur.com/a/8iiQALa

• Acedyn22

@awakenthedead
    Interesting. Reminds me of an unfinished symbol found at one of the standing stones.
    I am just hoping we all aren't wasting our time right now. Like if the only way to unlock the mystery is with one of the unreleased expansion storylines.

• Acedyn22

Rune Locations:
    Hamtunscire
    East Anglia
    Suthsexe
    Grantebrigescire
    Sciropescire
    Later tonight, I will post pictures of the locations (for those looking to find the runes)

East Anglia may be SOUND (Reported chime noises)
    Grantebrigescire may be TOUCH (Able to step on rune)
    Suthsexe may be SIGHT (Spotted Illusionary birds)
    Hamuntscire may be TASTE (I found a fairy ring of mushrooms near the rune)
    Sciropescire may be SMELL (Need to investigate further)

I know it's a long shot, but anything is possible with Ubisoft.

Another thing I want to look into is, the Helm of Awe mural mystery. Maybe if equipped with the Modraniht Ceremonial Amor Set (Yuletide reward)
    & going to the site called Ritual Circle in Northumbria, it may unlock something 🤔🤷♀

Just throwing another two pennies, into the wishing well.

• AwakentheDead
    19 posts

I would still consider the ley lines someone mentioned above. The trial entrance in Cent is actually situated on one of these lines. Also, one of the travel locations has the sound of loud birds when you hover over it. Similar to the magickal sound heard when hovering over certain other sights, like Sherwood Forest, the geoglyphs and the other ritual site that hums when you hover it.

Additionally I learned Urðarbrunnr, or Well of Urd as also called the Well of Fate. According to Wikipedia (I realize not the best source) “ In the Prose Edda, Urðarbrunnr is cited as one of three wells existing beneath three roots of Yggdrasil that reach into three distant, different lands; the other two wells being Hvergelmir, located beneath a root in Niflheim, and Mímisbrunnr, located beneath a root near the home of the frost jötnar.”

I’m certain unrelated to the Illusionary runes but might still be important into understanding some of what we are seeing.

• Stonesie87
    53 posts

@acedyn22 so I've been looking everywhere to try and find out this mystery as well so far I myself have had no luck but those runes you thought were elk actually, spell kye from what I managed to put together and kye is actually old english for cow.

• Stonesie87
    53 posts

just found out as well that Kye as a boy's name is of Welsh, Scandinavian, Greek, and Gaelic origin and the meaning is "keeper of the keys, earth, narrow or straight". and was popular in the year 1673

• Stonesie87
    53 posts

So I don't know how far you guys are able to get into the Odin rune cave near brimclif monastery but either I'm on the right track or the game is hard glitched cuz from what it looks like I'm under the map lots of stuff floating around and a big pit of nothing if I jump off the wall I'm clinging to I fall to death....undefined

• Acedyn22

@Stonesie87
    Who knows the ways of Ubisoft.
    Cow, hmm... well it's worth a shot. In this episode of "Hold my mead as I attempt another idea, cow hunting" it is. Lol.

Tried to sacrifice the elk at the Ritual Circle with the M. Ceremonial Amor & tattoos. No luck! Still need upgrade the set. May have to wait until Yule comes back around.

I know a lot of people have given up already, but I am too stubborn to throw in the towel.

Glad to know others are still seeking answers as well 🙂

• Acedyn22

@AwakentheDead
    Definitely keeping that information in my back pocket. Thank you for sharing.

• Acedyn22

With the recent release of new river raids & quests, I am putting this unsolved mystery on the back burner for a few days.

• AwakentheDead
    19 posts

So I was hoping that the new River raids would lend some hints towards Odin’s runes but doesn’t seem like it. After completing the raids, Vagn comments to keep raiding as others secrets may be found but you can’t stray too far from the raid locations due to a desynchronization wall. I even tried using new skills and a weapon on one of the runes and nothing. Even tried Ragnar’s dagger. Nothing. So, I turned my attention to the writings posted here of the runes found above the mural. After looking at the younger and elder futhark. I’ve noticed that some of the runes are not younger futhark nor elder. Some are from other dialects of runes. It’s as if Ubi mixed up all the runes and just used whatever. Which makes it even harder to translate.

Lastly, I keep trying to dig into the Odin rune specifically and there doesn’t seem to be any more information beyond the little excerpt posted here regarding its meaning. Even in the poem in which it’s mentioned there are no dialog or further clues as to what Odin used it for. I’ve also searched in game for more locations and have come up empty. This all has left me to assume these runes are related to a future update and have no significance to us right now.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@awakenthedead

honestly if there really was something to be found Ubisoft should have made it clear by now.

I think there is nothing at this point. Ppl all over the world have been searching for hours and nothing yet.

This is just [censored] to keep you occupied. Holding a carrot on stick in front of you, when you will never get the carrot.

• Stonesie87
    53 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AwakentheDead
    19 posts

@asgardian02 Kind of how I feel towards the River raids as a whole. A little something to keep some players busy. A whole 5 hours of game play. A “meh” armor set, boat reskin and tattoos just aren’t enough reward. Not to mention all the rune stones I collected were minor and useless. I’m not sure when the next actual expansion is but I hope it’s soon.

• Acedyn22

@AwakentheDead
    Sometime in Spring "Wrath of the Druids" will be released. Not sure on the exact date, but the Spring Equinox begins on March 20th. It seems like Ubisoft likes to release things on holidays or near significant calendar dates. For example, 11/10 (release date) is USMC birthday.
    2/16 (Mardi Gras) is when the River Raid was released.
    So possibly the Wrath of the Druids will be released on Saint Patrick's Day (3/17) or a few days later on the Spring Equinox.

• thegardener25
    112 posts

@acedyn22 'Access the Animus' released a YT video yesterday(Friday). With news of the next season. It featured an Ubisoft blurb, it read:-
    "Season 2, named Ostara, will start in march 2021 with a first update bringing a festival in the Settlement, a new game mode that builds on Valhalla's core combat experiences, new gear and cosmetic items. More information about Wrath of the Druids, the first expansion of Assassin's Creed Valhalla releasing in Spring 2021, will come at a later time".

I think the Equinox's & Solstice's are about the 21st of the month, I imagine the Ostara, will be a similar affair to the Yule festival without snow on the settlement. And maybe instead of herding cattle for slaughter, we'll be delivering little lambs for slaughter. An orlog tournament instead of drinking challenge. I don't expect much, but it would be really cool if the snow was completely gone from the north of England, just for a nosey in those snowed in houses near Hadrian's Wall.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics