Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• taarna218
    1 posts

Hi. Has anyone else experienced an issue with Vagn being dead when you come back from the River Exe River Raid? When I first returned from the Raid everyone in Raventhorpe was laying on the ground. They still had the interaction boxes above their heads but not all of them worked. The soldiers that you can recruit to your crew all had the interact icon over them but the problem was since they were all on the ground the choices that would pop up were E - Carry and E - Recruit. But you could never recruit you could only Carry. Eydis was different. She was on the ground but her interaction choices still worked. So I got out of the game and verified my files which brought everyone back up on their feet except Vagn. So I can't get back into the River Raids because Vagn is a ragdoll that I can only Carry.undefined

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Hello there @GizKo_ and @taarna218! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your reports on the dead NPCs in your settlement, and to share pictures within this thread. I'm sorry to hear that this is preventing your from taking part in River raids and other activities. I've passed on your reports to the development team so they can take a closer look.

At this moment in time, I have no news to share from the investigation. Once we have any updates, we will post them within this thread or within our News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out.

In the meantime, if you experience any settlement NPCs spawning into the world dead, please let us know which ones are spawning in dead for you here so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Nero_ink
    3 posts

For now I have dead Reda and the young boy of the fishing house.

I have found Reda dead. The fishing boy died during the conversation that happen just after the construction of the fishing house, when he has talked to me he was live/dead/live/dead/live/dead... ecc. until the end of the conversation and after he was permanently death.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Nero_ink! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for sharing your report within this thread. If possible, would you be able to send us some images or a video that shows Reda and Arth dead within your settlement?

Could you also provide us with the following information:

• When did this happen? Could you let us know which quest or activity you last completed before finding these NPCs as dead?
    • Does reloading an earlier save bring them back to life at all?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Nero_ink
    3 posts

Well I have reloaded an old save and the npc are alive, but is too old for restart with it...

It seems to me that all the deaths started after completing the first river raid.

In the last image you can see both Reda and Arth

undefined

undefined

undefined

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for providing us with images of which NPCs have been affected by this, @Nero_ink . I've passed these along to the development team. Thanks for letting me know when this first started to happen for you, and that reloading an earlier save helped to bring them back to life. I understand that this isn't an ideal solution, but knowing that older saves may not be affected by the dead NPCs is very helpful for the investigation.

If we require any further information, we will reach out within this thread. Also, once we receive any further updates from the investigation, we will reach out to you all within this thread.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Hashimashadoo
    8 posts

OK, so I played for the first time since early January today, and a lot of people who had died are alive again! However, others are still spawning in dead - at least 2 members of my River Raid crew always spawn in dead whenever I enter a river map, and my regular longship crew are still dead on the main docks of Ravensthorpe.

I haven't actually done anything other than wander around Ravensthorpe and try my hand at the new river raids since I first started playing the game today (don't want to risk any other NPCs dying).

• Hashimashadoo
    8 posts

Aaaand I just tried to make a manual save just in case staff want it and all of my autosaves from today, plus the manual save I just made are corrupted.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Hashimashadoo!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience within this thread. I'm sorry to hear you've encountered save file corruption when trying to make a manual save. Is this the first time this has happened for you?

Do you remember any strange behaviour prior to your saves becoming corrupted?

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Hashimashadoo
    8 posts

Hi @ubi-borealis

Yes, this is the first time that I've experienced save file corruption. I started a new game though and haven't had it since.

The only strange issue I had other than what I've already mentioned was to do with the amount of arrows being carried being less than it should've been in an upgraded quiver, but I believe that this issue has already been addressed in a patch.

Oh, and when I did try to start a new game, the game crashed shortly after starting as the Ubisoft Connect client had removed all of my games from it's library (thereby deciding that I shouldn't be able to play a game that I didn't own), but re-logging into the client restored them.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for providing me with that additional information, @Hashimashadoo. I'm glad to hear that you haven't encountered save file corruption since.

If this happens again, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look. Please note that we aren't able to recover corrupted save files.

I'm also glad to hear that you were able to restore your games after a client reset. If you encounter any further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out within the forums or via the Support website 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics